Thread: project help - identify these flowers?

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    53/0
    Mentioned
    12 times
    Time Online
    2d 17h 30m
    Avg. Time Online
    1m

project help - identify these flowers?

(you need an account to see links) (you need an account to see links) (you need an account to see links) << I stole these ones from flowerpots about a week ago.

(you need an account to see links) << This one was in a whole bunch in some mulch/dirt in my front yard.

I might have more later, but can anyone help me identify these flowers by common name, or even genus/species?

Will give rep + thanks for assistance.

I need like 20 flowers identified by about this time tomorrow, I already have 12 or so done but i need more aaaaaa help please
    Last edited by Vattumannen; 05-22-2014 at 12:46 PM.

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    84 times
    Time Online
    10d 36m
    Avg. Time Online
    3m
    @(you need an account to see links)
    w/o the following questions my best guess is for the last one as satureja hortensis

where do you live? how big was the population? how tall are these/the plant you took them from? could you describe the (approximate) number of petals on each? any particular scent? are these on vines or shrubs etc? or are they growing as an independent, isolated flower?

for the first: is the head solely leaves? did you observe other flowers of the same type with flowers at their head?

@(you need an account to see links)
    yeah they def look like morning glory variations. :^) i didnt even look at those, had still been on your first post. x)
    ahhh, i wish you live in the south, i'm much better with plants down here.

the first:
    viola saggitata?

the second:
    at first glance i would suggest a variation of a (you need an account to see links), perhaps?

the third:
    could you describe this picture better? its kinda blurry. how many petals on the flowers?

the fourth:
    Rubus lasiococcus

the fifth:
    Cardamine diphylla? perhaps? very unsure about this one
    Last edited by fruitbat; 05-22-2014 at 04:28 PM.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to fruitbat For This Useful Post:

Vattumannen (05-22-2014)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    53/0
    Mentioned
    12 times
    Time Online
    2d 17h 30m
    Avg. Time Online
    1m
    @(you need an account to see links) thanks for the assistance .3. but ok i'll answer your questions.
    I think some of them in the first one may have had a flower at the end, I just stole the smallest ones that nobody would notice were gone. Someone on FR said the 2 and 3rd ones may be different varieties of Morning Glories? Those two had kinda trumpet-shaped flowers before I pressed them. I'm not allowed to pick flowers from vines or shrubs, so I'd severely hope none of these were on them.

All of these flowers were in large groups of other flowers like them. All of them were found in northwest Ohio.

I have a few more, if you can identify them, and i'll answer questions if you have them. I picked all of these in the woods behind my house literally today.

(you need an account to see links) four petals that kinda crimp in on themselves, all alone, pretty short
    (you need an account to see links) i think there's five petals on this one, all alone, although there's many close to the area, pretty short too.
    (you need an account to see links) pretty short yeah, small flowers obviously, i don't remember if there was a lot of them but probably not
    (you need an account to see links) four petals that are really fragile, two of them broke off even, lol. not many in the same area. has thorns.
    (you need an account to see links) These grow relatively tall, maybe a foot or two? they tend to grow a bit close together too

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    53/0
    Mentioned
    12 times
    Time Online
    2d 17h 30m
    Avg. Time Online
    1m
    @(you need an account to see links) the third one has a lot of leaves pressed close to it, at least I think those are leaves in the picture, and the flowers are really small right now and bunched up at the tip.. Sorry I can't really give more info haha, I'm obviously not a huge "flower" guy.
    I'm not sure how many of these you have right but my teacher will probably end up telling me anyways so i can get this dumb project done and not fail it. Thank you very much for helping me.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    2/0
    Mentioned
    5 times
    Time Online
    20h 7m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    Quote Originally Posted by Vattumannen View Post
    @(you need an account to see links) thanks for the assistance .3. but ok i'll answer your questions.
    I think some of them in the first one may have had a flower at the end, I just stole the smallest ones that nobody would notice were gone. Someone on FR said the 2 and 3rd ones may be different varieties of Morning Glories? Those two had kinda trumpet-shaped flowers before I pressed them. I'm not allowed to pick flowers from vines or shrubs, so I'd severely hope none of these were on them.

All of these flowers were in large groups of other flowers like them. All of them were found in northwest Ohio.

I have a few more, if you can identify them, and i'll answer questions if you have them. I picked all of these in the woods behind my house literally today.

(you need an account to see links) four petals that kinda crimp in on themselves, all alone, pretty short
    (you need an account to see links) i think there's five petals on this one, all alone, although there's many close to the area, pretty short too.
    (you need an account to see links) pretty short yeah, small flowers obviously, i don't remember if there was a lot of them but probably not
    (you need an account to see links) four petals that are really fragile, two of them broke off even, lol. not many in the same area. has thorns.
    (you need an account to see links) These grow relatively tall, maybe a foot or two? they tend to grow a bit close together too
    4th one looks like philadelphus lewisii to me!

7. The Following User Says Thank You to rocky For This Useful Post:

Vattumannen (05-22-2014)