1/0
    Mentioned
    5 times
    Time Online
    5d 7h 57m
    Avg. Time Online
    2m

What would you consider a "Main Account"

Of course, even super nice mains get reported, but I'm wondering, what is the border between a shell and a main?

As in, if you were suspicious (for whatever reason) about items someone is trading or pets they have, what is the bare minimum that YOU guys (from a cheaters perspective) would have difficulty distinguishing between what's legit and what's not?

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    14/0
    Mentioned
    20 times
    Time Online
    7d 23h 38m
    Avg. Time Online
    3m
    I think having a layout a decent avatar count, some trophies and a decent sized shop, and having that little "About me" thing.
    I don't cheat but that's what I'd consider a main.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Slytherin For This Useful Post:

zxzero (01-25-2014)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    46/0
    Mentioned
    471 times
    Time Online
    50d 14h 15m
    Avg. Time Online
    17m
    Quote Originally Posted by WynneD View Post
    Of course, even super nice mains get reported, but I'm wondering, what is the border between a shell and a main?

As in, if you were suspicious (for whatever reason) about items someone is trading or pets they have, what is the bare minimum that YOU guys (from a cheaters perspective) would have difficulty distinguishing between what's legit and what's not?
    Since I was a legit player for so long, there are usually a lot of ways to tell which accounts are suspicious or not.
    The big one - no userlookup, empty pet lookups, empty pet pages, "no name" as their name, (sometimes), but then they have like four uc's - aka, they didn't make an effort with the account and just shoved pets randomly there, and maybe a few trophies.
    If they do happen to have a userlookup, usually illegit players just throw shit together real fast, and get a premade and all it says is "Hi my name is Soccer." (and their username is soccerylad24 - a name that's made up on the spot, so it's usually slightly similar to the account).
    Usually either painfully obvious illegit players have these characteristics, or side accounts. My own personal sides have empty lookups and everything so ahaha yeah.

When someone actually puts effort into their pet lookups, userlookup, pet pages, etc etc, then it's a bit hard to distinguish, but being a paranoid person, I always doubt everyone anyway. Usually if they have like every fucking trophy ever, it's still easy to tell, though, no matter how decorated their accounts are. Some people are just great at things and can get all da trophies, but most people aren't.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Umbreon For This Useful Post:

simmie (01-25-2014)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    1/0
    Mentioned
    5 times
    Time Online
    5d 7h 57m
    Avg. Time Online
    2m
    Thank you for the helpful responses!
    Is there anything more specific that anyone else can add onto?

I know it is impossible to have a completely unsuspicious account, with the best being to never contact anyone or post anywhere, but in the case that I do, I'd like to know

Also, I want peoples own opinions

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    2/0
    Mentioned
    48 times
    Time Online
    35d 14h 30m
    Avg. Time Online
    12m
    @(you need an account to see links) personally I always look at the site event trophies. If an account is 12 years old, has a bunch of game trophies, heaps of avatars, fancily customized UCs, big shop, all that, but no site event trophies at all, that screams supsicious to me. Like someone just upgraded an old shell.
    Other than that, avatar count (200+), customized pets (preferably with NC), userlookup, pet lookups, the usual stuff.

Thanks
    DL/UL
    1/0
    Mentioned
    831 times
    Time Online
    109d 7h 37m
    Avg. Time Online
    37m
    @(you need an account to see links)

The most important, important thing I urge people when trading a UC (and sometimes even keeping if you're board active) is to have a main where it at least looked like you cared. Monsters got it pretty well, but IMO there are also a few factors to looking legit:

-a 10 month account with all UC P/R/D/K will turn heads, and make people suspicious. Account age is very important, too. I'm not saying everyone who's 10 months and has a UC is illegit, but it's the type of Uc's they have that plays a factor. The only other way I can see this being pulled off is you say it's a new main, and you link your old main on the UL.

-Generally people with UCs having been playing neo for longer, so you expect them to have plot/site event trophies, along with other relics on thier UL showing that they have been an avid neo petter for a while.

-most people who have UCs lik borderline pimp out their pet lookups, making a borderline shrine to them, depending on the person, etc. I just urge you to never leave it blank.

-people have other pets besides just UCs. Most people along with like 3 UCs have a special pet like a draik, a name they really like; hell, adopt a stuck BN pet from the pound, paint it royal and make it a pretty pet lookup saying it was your first pet, or something. Not a lot of people have Just Uc's, even me.

And depending on the UC you have, you can get away with a 150 av main with barely any trophies (as some trade for 600HSD draiks, which dosent really require much), or you'll need like a 250 av 7 year old main with quite a few trophies. The main factor is the UC, and if you're a neo hermit or not.
    Last edited by simmie; 01-25-2014 at 08:10 AM.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    1/0
    Mentioned
    5 times
    Time Online
    5d 7h 57m
    Avg. Time Online
    2m
    Ah thank you guys for the good answers! I guess all I'm really lacking is site event trophies...
    Guess I'll just keep on the down low until I get more of those :c

Thanks
    DL/UL
    1/0
    Mentioned
    831 times
    Time Online
    109d 7h 37m
    Avg. Time Online
    37m
    Quote Originally Posted by WynneD View Post
    Ah thank you guys for the good answers! I guess all I'm really lacking is site event trophies...
    Guess I'll just keep on the down low until I get more of those :c
    Again, it depends on the UC. If ifs nothing too high end, you can pass it off as a "I recently got my main frozen and turning my side into a main." Kind of thing?

I also know the altador plot trophy is one site even trophy you can always get?

11. The Following User Says Thank You to simmie For This Useful Post:

Andymac106 (01-25-2014)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    36/0
    Mentioned
    166 times
    Time Online
    93d 23h 10m
    Avg. Time Online
    35m
    A main for me, is the main account somebody plays with :')

As in most online and shizz. Nothing more, nothing less.

Shell is just an empty account, with no trophies, nothing. So either a post account, or abandoned.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    1/0
    Mentioned
    5 times
    Time Online
    5d 7h 57m
    Avg. Time Online
    2m
    Quote Originally Posted by Simmie View Post
    Again, it depends on the UC. If ifs nothing too high end, you can pass it off as a "I recently got my main frozen and turning my side into a main." Kind of thing?

I also know the altador plot trophy is one site even trophy you can always get?
    Yeah I know about the altador plot trophy, I'm just wondering if it's suspicious if a ~30 month account only has 1 site event trophy. But that's a good idea!