Thread: So uh... I think we did a stupid.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    10/0
    Mentioned
    369 times
    Time Online
    68d 19m
    Avg. Time Online
    23m

So uh... I think we did a stupid.

We are moving because... well because.
    We checked out an apartment and loved it. Filled out the application, and then the guy asks for a check with the first month's deposit to "hold" our spot.

We've been calling for 2 days and keep getting told that all our stuff was sent to denver (where the landlord lives). His son is the one who showed us the house.

Well today, my friend checked her account and the check has already been cashed. We can't put a stop on it. I'm already fucking pissed off and if i have to deal with the police and small claims court because of that fucking hippie, i'll rip my hair out.

I have written checks to hold my spot in line before and for credit checks so it wasn't new to me. But i've never had them fucking cash it without a signed lease.

Anyone have any ideas?
    Sarcasm and douchy-ness need not apply. I know i'll probably get a stupid expensive life lesson out of this... and a murder sentencing.

EDIT:
    He called back. Apparently, these idiots just do it to make sure the check clears. If we don't get chosen, they'll write a return check for us to cash. Fucking haole's making shit difficult.
    Last edited by Lilac Tentacles; 06-27-2013 at 01:21 AM.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Lilac Tentacles For This Useful Post:

Dom~ (06-27-2013)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    19/0
    Mentioned
    234 times
    Time Online
    48d 8h 13m
    Avg. Time Online
    16m
    That still sounds sketchy as fuck. Aren't you supposed to be chosen first THEN pay the first month/deposit/whatever??

Ive paid holdings too, but the holding deposit has always gone in towards the deposit/first months when we signed the lease and paid up the rest.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    10/0
    Mentioned
    369 times
    Time Online
    68d 19m
    Avg. Time Online
    23m
    Quote Originally Posted by grrrawr View Post
    That still sounds sketchy as fuck. Aren't you supposed to be chosen first THEN pay the first month/deposit/whatever??

Ive paid holdings too, but the holding deposit has always gone in towards the deposit/first months when we signed the lease and paid up the rest.
    That's what it's supposed to be for. But I've always signed first. People here are dumb. I'm not worried. My husbands bf is a JAG officer. My emotional damage is worth millions.