DL/UL
    278/0
    Mentioned
    222 times
    Time Online
    51d 7h 31m
    Avg. Time Online
    18m
    I never personally wanted DC but I went with what we chose but I don't think it was a bad choice at all. We probably won't win no, but we wouldn't have regardless since Virtupets all teamed together. Remember this is meant to be fun and I still love that we are all playing for the same team.Do your beat, hopefully we'll get on the Podium and bloody enjoy the AC.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Elmo For This Useful Post:

Nicole (06-08-2014)

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    7/0
    Mentioned
    29 times
    Time Online
    3d 23h 14m
    Avg. Time Online
    1m
    Quote Originally Posted by dyinghearte View Post
    Not all of us here like DC to begin with, but we support the decision because it was what the majority agreed on. I get that you're a loyalist and joining other teams is not your cup of tea but some us here feel the same but regardless we are helping DC. I personally don't like DC at all but I'm still SSing for them.

No one is forcing you to play for a team you do not like. And the reason we have shells is to support the CK teams there and join your preferred one on your personal main.

As for DC being like cK, I personally think we're more like KI... the buff pirates of Neopia. Hoarding treasure at our Smuggling Coves.
    Hmmm, I see where my post may could be seen as a DC forever-type campaign. xD I was just trying to be motivational with the DC stuff because everyone seems to want to just give up. Whatever team ck decides next year, I wouldn't be so out with the fact I love DC because I support the site, although I will always join DC on my main account. Whatever team everyone decides next year I will support on sides, and try to help and motivate the community.

What my issue was and what I was saying I felt very negatively towards was switching teams just for the sake of being the one on #1. All that is is giving up and looking for an easy win (and I know I'm on ck talking about not picking a team just based off chances 0:-) ) and I would just feel so lame doing that. If you joined a team, you should join because you really want to play as them/support them. I'm not saying anyone has to join the same team each year as I do or that ck should, but that when things look rough or people aren't getting their way that the solution is to just hop onto another team while they can still play for their original choice.

And if people didn't have this mindset, I think the AC would be more prominent and productive on here. There is still a chance of making into the top three or scoring pretty darn close this year and if we focused on that just trying our best to get into the top three, I think that is the big accomplishment. Out of all the available teams, and I know first place is the big thing, but 3rd is still impressive especially if we know that we definitely, as a site and community, influenced that place in the Cup.

I know other sites chose other teams from reading the thread - and some of those teams were VP and HW. Our reaction shouldn't be to just get frustrated we aren't #1 and just split - but to give it our all and have some pride and stick together. Although I would have chosen DC regardless, it does feel really great to be able to play on my main with the same team that ck chose and most of the members joined.

Even if we joined another smaller team, VP would most likely still take Gold. We should just have fun and look at this as a chance to spend time working together and hanging out with the community and having fun.

I said: "if you guys generally have a team you really like than fine, go join them. I just think all going to help out a cram you think has the best chances are pretty weak :/ And not impressive by any means... The easy road isn't always the best."

I never said I felt anyone was forced / pressured to join any particular team. I think team hopping is really weak. When things get rough, the thought shouldn't be to give up and abandon and go to some other team. Nor should you like a team just because of their chances. :/ That is a really unfun way to play AC and make it less enjoyable for you and other players who are relying on you to back the team you first joined.

Oh, and KI is another great ck idea for that comparison you came up with. I like it.
    Last edited by Nicole; 06-08-2014 at 01:37 PM.

Hi there. Back from hiatus, looking forward to making friends!

Seeking These Avatar Services: Snowroller game, Space Rocketed
    Buying: Stamps, UB plushies

I play: League of Legends (NA), Pokemon SwSh, Neopets c:

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Nicole For This Useful Post:

Sakuras (06-08-2014),Valent (06-08-2014)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    9/0
    Mentioned
    124 times
    Time Online
    24d 12h 40m
    Avg. Time Online
    9m
    Blah. I haven't had too much interest in the AC this year as there doesn't seem to be any mac-friendly things for it and doing it legit is just incredibly tedious, I did get to rank 3 on my own, but sitting still for too long when I'd rather be out of the house.. not good.

That and I've spent most of the last few days tanning my white as fuck legs off at the beach, and being my charmingly drunk self. I hate being inside when it's been so nice out.

Oh wait. I may have found a way around that. THERE STILL MAY BE HOPE FOR ME YET.
    Last edited by chiro; 06-08-2014 at 08:53 AM.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    8 times
    Time Online
    1d 9h 33m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    If we all pull together i think we can get into the top 3.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to outwood For This Useful Post:

Nicole (06-08-2014)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    3/0
    Mentioned
    1 time
    Time Online
    2d 27m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    Yeah, let's not give up guys. We still have a chance. We might not give the highest scores/numbers but consistency might get us that spot.

Continue sending them scores..
    We can do this!

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    4/0
    Mentioned
    10 times
    Time Online
    2d 22h 22m
    Avg. Time Online
    1m
    We still have a chance on being on the podium. Dont give up!

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to parasite For This Useful Post:

Nicole (06-08-2014),Sakuras (06-08-2014)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    3/0
    Mentioned
    149 times
    Time Online
    40d 5h 49m
    Avg. Time Online
    15m
    I don't know why people are losing hope now, come on guys it's just the beginning! Also @(you need an account to see links) that was a beautiful DC speech. I've also supported them since ACI so fuck DC hate. I'm never changing my team.

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Sakuras For This Useful Post:

Nicole (06-08-2014),Slytherin (06-10-2014),Valent (06-08-2014)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    4/0
    Mentioned
    43 times
    Time Online
    15d 2h 36m
    Avg. Time Online
    5m
    We just swept for the third time in a row. Keep it up, guys! We're gonna get it just like we deserve.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    278/0
    Mentioned
    222 times
    Time Online
    51d 7h 31m
    Avg. Time Online
    18m
    We NEED to beat Ty today guys, each bracket gets more important! Let's max our shells out completely!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    17/0
    Mentioned
    5 times
    Time Online
    2d 11h 25m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    Aww but you could've gone easy on poow widdle us in LD. On a more serious note, that was way closer than I thought it would be.