DL/UL
    84/1
    Mentioned
    533 times
    Time Online
    134d 9h 16m
    Avg. Time Online
    52m
    Something no one has mentioned, is that VPN's and Proxies don't always allow you to keep a static IP. Using a VPN will pretty much guarantee you get a different IP every time you connect so if you're looking to use this account consistently you'll wanna avoid VPN's altogether.
    VPN's are good for using accounts in mass amounts, not for singular accounts.

If you want this account to become your main account, or to be able to use the account consistently, you also have the option of changing your home IP.
    Proxies work great for keeping your accounts separate, but if you just wanna use it as a main/personal account, changing your IP is easier and it's free.

I wrote a guide on changing your IP a long time ago but it's still very up-to-date and relevant.

(you need an account to see links)!

If you need help with it, feel free to shoot me a message and I can help ya out.

Thanks
    DL/UL
    18/0
    Mentioned
    9 times
    Time Online
    2d 19h N/A
    Avg. Time Online
    1m
    I like IPVanish, but lots of people seem to be happy with Nord, so go with whichever looks good, I guess.

*squeak*
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    34/1
    Mentioned
    1,769 times
    Time Online
    644d 1h 41m
    Avg. Time Online
    3h 41m
    Quote Originally Posted by MadameNova View Post
    I like IPVanish, but lots of people seem to be happy with Nord, so go with whichever looks good, I guess.

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Bat For This Useful Post:

Clefairy (07-18-2019),MadameNova (07-20-2019),spleef35 (07-17-2019),XER0 (07-18-2019)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    56/0
    Mentioned
    37 times
    Time Online
    37d 16h 37m
    Avg. Time Online
    14m
    Quote Originally Posted by Odd View Post
    Does this not bother anyone else? Isn't it good practice to use a vpn when browsing online? 10 years ago this was a good way to combat cheaters, but now you're basically grouping cheaters and tech-savvy / privacy seeking users into the same category. Usually my vpn is the first program I start up when I boot my pc in the morning. If I didn't know the In's and Out's of cheating on neo, I'd act no differently than I normally browse online. Even a legit user would be iced because of their poor security practices in this scenario.

I have the same issue with google as well. At least with google I get 2FA which usually works (I've been locked out before though). Is it not sensible to flag common VPN connections, but not freeze/ban them? Seems a bit extreme and delves into the censorship category that is pretty hot in US-Tech industry right now.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    21 times
    Time Online
    34d 11h 9m
    Avg. Time Online
    19m
    I don’t really play anymore - but I will definitely say Mop knows what he’s doing, if I wanted to do it right I would contact him.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    75/0
    Mentioned
    33 times
    Time Online
    22d 21h 36m
    Avg. Time Online
    11m
    I mean basically do a search of any how to keep an account secure and it's said use a static proxy a hundred times. Joe posts it on every thread like this, how do I keep my second account secure, etc. People just want to be cheap and go with a free VPN which is only safe until your block of IP's are chain frozen and then you'll come post on here and be like: WHY DID MY ACCOUNT GET FROZEN I DID NOTHING WRONG??

Free VPN Usage: Same old story, Mortys killing Mortys

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Byte For This Useful Post:

Daffodil (07-19-2019),Styx (07-19-2019)

Pronouns
    Flor/Fleur
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    50/0
    Mentioned
    94 times
    Time Online
    45d 10h 9m
    Avg. Time Online
    15m
    Quote Originally Posted by 8-Bit View Post
    I mean basically do a search of any how to keep an account secure and it's said use a static proxy a hundred times. Joe posts it on every thread like this, how do I keep my second account secure, etc. People just want to be cheap and go with a free VPN which is only safe until your block of IP's are chain frozen and then you'll come post on here and be like: WHY DID MY ACCOUNT GET FROZEN I DID NOTHING WRONG??

Free VPN Usage: Same old story, Mortys killing Mortys

Wow, that R&M reference. That episode was so confusing and fucked up. I loved it. But it works so well in this situation, what

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Daffodil For This Useful Post:

XER0 (07-19-2019)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    7/0
    Mentioned
    6 times
    Time Online
    2d 21h 42m
    Avg. Time Online
    2m
    If you can afford one that assign private IPs. As I know, many VPN services has a set of different IPs for each location you're connected to. If the VPN only comes with one IP per location, then it's a problem cuz chances there are others using the same VPN, sharing the same IP.