1/0
    Mentioned
    31 times
    Time Online
    17d 21h 23m
    Avg. Time Online
    8m

Is this safe... or a big no-no?

So I was wanting to purchase an aged shell (possibly with a few UCs already on it) and use it as a side account, eventually linking it with my main and using it as I would any other side account. Ya know, dressing up pets all pretty, entering the bc, all that jazz.

I was thinking I could pass it off as a 'oh hey I found one of my old accounts with my old ucs, yippee' sorta thing?
    Was wanting the opinions of you guys on ck before I did anything, seeing as I'm new to the scene.

So, would this be believable or would it just get all my accounts frozen fast?

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    32/0
    Mentioned
    25 times
    Time Online
    14d 5h 15m
    Avg. Time Online
    4m
    It's best if you just hide away from the boards for a long time, that way, no one's going to ask you questions. Especially when PCers enjoy reporting any UC pet they have never seen before.
    ❤Soft kitty warm kitty little ball of fur❤

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    1/0
    Mentioned
    31 times
    Time Online
    17d 21h 23m
    Avg. Time Online
    8m
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowcat View Post
    It's best if you just hide away from the boards for a long time, that way, no one's going to ask you questions. Especially when PCers enjoy reporting any UC pet they have never seen before.
    Yeah, definitely! I wouldn't be on the boards with it for quite some time - just prettying it up to make it look like a legit side I guess (whatever that means XD)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    5/0
    Mentioned
    16 times
    Time Online
    28d 52m
    Avg. Time Online
    12m
    I'm trying to do the same thing
    I don't know about the whole "Oh i just randomly found one of my sides with a whole bunch of UCs.

I think the thing is to just avoid attention, are you fairly active on the boards and guilds to the point where people will mostly definitely notice?

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    11/0
    Mentioned
    224 times
    Time Online
    102d 8h 54m
    Avg. Time Online
    35m
    there's a way to do this without such a high chance of getting frozen
    no matter what you do nowadays on neopets there's always a chance of getting frozen xD

i think you can make this work though as long as you avoid the boards for a good while. IDK if the PC even really knows about my side accounts cuz i dont have them linked on my lookup
    they probably only really know my UC side because i used to have pets uft there and would advertise

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    1/0
    Mentioned
    31 times
    Time Online
    17d 21h 23m
    Avg. Time Online
    8m
    Quote Originally Posted by RaineyM View Post
    I'm trying to do the same thing
    I don't know about the whole "Oh i just randomly found one of my sides with a whole bunch of UCs.

I think the thing is to just avoid attention, are you fairly active on the boards and guilds to the point where people will mostly definitely notice?
    Oh thank god, nice to know someone else is doing it ccc:
    Hahahaha I guess it does sound a bit dodgy, although I myself don't even know the username of my first acc. that has a few UCs on it somewhere o-o

I wouldn't say so, no, I'm a lurker most of the time so no one really has a clue who I am. I'm mostly worried about TNT though, or are they just completely oblivious?

---------- Post added at 01:14 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:05 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Sableye View Post
    there's a way to do this without such a high chance of getting frozen
    no matter what you do nowadays on neopets there's always a chance of getting frozen xD

i think you can make this work though as long as you avoid the boards for a good while. IDK if the PC even really knows about my side accounts cuz i dont have them linked on my lookup
    they probably only really know my UC side because i used to have pets uft there and would advertise
    lmao that's so true
    I've actually been falsely frozen a few times now so I'm like fuck it, may as well cheat if I'm going to be frozen anyways

Ohhh well that's reassuring, I wouldn't be linking them anytime soon (if at all) or be on the boards so I guess that'd lower the risk then?

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    5/0
    Mentioned
    16 times
    Time Online
    28d 52m
    Avg. Time Online
    12m
    I think the general consensus is that TNT just waits for the PC losers to do their work for them, they themselves won't actively go out investigating for no reason.

at the moment, I'm basically isolated from all social contact on neo as I slowly move my UCs over to my new main. I don't think that'll draw any attention =/

though, if there are... professionals that are lurking this board that could give some other advice

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Rainey For This Useful Post:

Bimbo (10-04-2015)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    31/0
    Mentioned
    161 times
    Time Online
    36d 2h 40m
    Avg. Time Online
    12m
    i keep bringing this up but i found an account i had bought with a uc on it that i'd forgotten about and basically went to the pc the next day with it lol ended up getting one of my permanent pets with it with a little work actually

but i passed it off as mine super easily with that excuse, and even ended up using the account as my main when my actual main was (temporarily) perma'd. so it's absolutely possible.

here's some tips tho:
    -make sure you change the location/where you live thing so they match. people move, it's nbd, but it's kinda weird to see mismatching info on an account with ucs that 'comes up' outta nowhere. make sure you change it on the shell first so you can def be like 'whoa i had this account before i moved how crazy is that'
    -make sure the genders match, obviously
    -when you've been using the account for a little while(logging in, feeding pets, etc) you can start moving little items between them, like items for the gallery.
    -definitely have a gallery on the side account that somehow matches something to do w/your main. have two galleries tbh. anything to make the accounts look like they're owned by the same person w/similar interests between them and that you're putting effort into both accounts
    -don't fucking panic honestly. as long as you're not a complete moron things should go pretty smoothly. as long as you hide from the boards you'll be way okay.

all i can think of for rn, good luck !

blessed by @Clefairy for a prosperous and eggy 2022
    and blessed by @honeycomb with snek on a string crowley ily

10. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Crowley For This Useful Post:

Bimbo (10-04-2015),Jessica (10-09-2015),♥ PrettySarcastic ♥ (10-04-2015),Sakuras (10-04-2015)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    1/0
    Mentioned
    31 times
    Time Online
    17d 21h 23m
    Avg. Time Online
    8m
    Thanks so so much @(you need an account to see links), very helpful post and I'll keep all that in mind when I do decide to go ahead with it!!

I appreciate all the help you guys are giving, ck is such a lovely place. ♥

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Bimbo For This Useful Post:

♥ Crowley ♥ (10-04-2015)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    31/0
    Mentioned
    161 times
    Time Online
    36d 2h 40m
    Avg. Time Online
    12m
    @(you need an account to see links) no problem! basically, some of the best advice +above is as long as you act like the account is yours and you're innocent, it'll be fine. a lot of people freak out and act suspicions. but just have fun with it and do your thing without calling unnecessary attention to yourself

blessed by @Clefairy for a prosperous and eggy 2022
    and blessed by @honeycomb with snek on a string crowley ily