Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: How did you find out about neopets?

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    9 times
    Time Online
    1d 1h 19m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    My best friend had me sign up in 6th grade (and that's the same day I got the nickname Sammi, actually - because her name was Jennifer and her username started with "Jenni" so she made me "Sammi")

I used to "restock" and put stuff my shop and her little sister would buy up everything in there and I had to actually tell her "DON'T I CAN'T KEEP IT STOCKED I KEEP HAVING TO GET OFF THE INTERNET SO MY MOM CAN USE THE PHONE." Dial up life.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    9/0
    Mentioned
    114 times
    Time Online
    54d 21h 14m
    Avg. Time Online
    19m
    Quote Originally Posted by Sammikins View Post
    My best friend had me sign up in 6th grade (and that's the same day I got the nickname Sammi, actually - because her name was Jennifer and her username started with "Jenni" so she made me "Sammi")

I used to "restock" and put stuff my shop and her little sister would buy up everything in there and I had to actually tell her "DON'T I CAN'T KEEP IT STOCKED I KEEP HAVING TO GET OFF THE INTERNET SO MY MOM CAN USE THE PHONE." Dial up life.
    Awww. That sounds like my little brother, whenever he plays (played?) he'd buy up all the items in my shop and gift me every cent of his few thousand neopoints XD Ach, I miss that D: Nobody in my entire life has really played Neopets with me - there were some great few weeks where my brothers were addicted to Habitarium but then they got bored Oh well...

*~a ghost in the sunlight~*

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    9 times
    Time Online
    1d 1h 19m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    Quote Originally Posted by Drina View Post
    Awww. That sounds like my little brother, whenever he plays (played?) he'd buy up all the items in my shop and gift me every cent of his few thousand neopoints XD Ach, I miss that D: Nobody in my entire life has really played Neopets with me - there were some great few weeks where my brothers were addicted to Habitarium but then they got bored Oh well...
    Aww! It's always so fun when people play with you but that's really only stuck with someone IRL once... I got my roommate/best friend to join last summer and we played so much KQ together. I helped her get avatars and gave her a nerk to play the vending machine with and she got an Eventide pb so I was jealous, hahaha. But I like how I got her into it, so it's like 12 years later it got to come full circle.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Sammikins For This Useful Post:

Corliss (02-21-2014)

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    71 times
    Time Online
    26d 18h 37m
    Avg. Time Online
    9m
    I was at my cousins house and I saw him playing this game (on dial up lol). I was like hey I want to play that also. He would not share so I wrote the website down and tried it when I got home. He was playing meerca chase. A couple of times I forgot what the website was called and I had to asked him, which was funny to me.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    13/0
    Mentioned
    416 times
    Time Online
    50d 2h 28m
    Avg. Time Online
    17m
    I was in kindergarden and these two guys were talking about it and how cool it was. I overheard them and decided to make an account.
    circa 1999

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Cub For This Useful Post:

Corliss (02-23-2014)

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    53 times
    Time Online
    12d 10h 19m
    Avg. Time Online
    4m
    my older brother was playing in 2000 and i was like, what's that?!? and he found out about it because they actually used to advertise in magazines/online/tv

Thanks
    DL/UL
    127/0
    Mentioned
    575 times
    Time Online
    62d 4h 17m
    Avg. Time Online
    21m
    Quote Originally Posted by pizzaslut View Post
    my older brother was playing in 2000 and i was like, what's that?!? and he found out about it because they actually used to advertise in magazines/online/tv
    Same deal here, for me Neopets was selling Neopet toys with Happy Meals at Maccas like 10years back I think.

In Australia!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    53 times
    Time Online
    12d 10h 19m
    Avg. Time Online
    4m
    Same deal here, for me Neopets was selling Neopet toys with Happy Meals at Maccas like 10years back I think.

In Australia!

FUCK YES. I remember that! The tiny plushies LOL

Thanks
    DL/UL
    127/0
    Mentioned
    575 times
    Time Online
    62d 4h 17m
    Avg. Time Online
    21m
    Quote Originally Posted by pizzaslut View Post
    FUCK YES. I remember that! The tiny plushies LOL
    Shit yeah, I actually kept the full set for ages but the dam house got flooded and stuffed them, I was planning to sell them in eBay eventually XD

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    53 times
    Time Online
    12d 10h 19m
    Avg. Time Online
    4m
    Shit yeah, I actually kept the full set for ages but the dam house got flooded and stuffed them, I was planning to sell them in eBay eventually XD

oh no ;_________; that's so bad, dude. i hope you don't mean the QLD floods
    the macca's toys of today suck ass