Mentioned
    6 times
    Time Online
    1d 8h 45m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    Quote Originally Posted by I_royalty_I View Post
    I see I see.
    Well, it's no secret that ck as well as neo in general is more active during the end of the semester and all through the summer. Most of us are in school and/or work, so that reflects in the activity. If you have a nice guide that you put up now, I'm sure it won't get any less rep than it would if you had put it up during peak months.
    The main reason I say that is because there are less guides being put up during the slow months, and more during the peak months. So the "competition" for lack of better word, for rep, would be more fierce during the peak months.
    It all depends on what kind of guide you put up and how helpful it is. You could put up a guide that you think is really nice, but if nobody relates to it and not many people use it, then that's where you see the minimal amount of rep going out. But if it's something that obviously had a lot of work put into it and is very helpful, you will get a lot more rep.

The main places that I have gotten rep over the past 6months is where people post my individual posts rather than a guide. But if you are not as active and don't post to help people when they have issues or need input, you miss out on all the possible rep you could have been getting.

Just look at the amount of people that will end up reading this thread, but never post a reply at all. That's what happens all the time.
    I will make a basic analysis and will post a thread regarding this in order for us to get a better understanding of this. Bare in mind I don't mind whichever way the results fall into place

Saiyan Race
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    23/36
    Mentioned
    3,871 times
    Time Online
    564d 11h 47m
    Avg. Time Online
    3h 13m
    Remember we have the video contest and also cK Hall of Fame that make moving up in ranks super easy.. can take a weeks worth of work or less.
    (you need an account to see links)
    (you need an account to see links)(you need an account to see links)

------------------------
    [02/24/2013] Stealth CORE is made into the first standalone Neopets auto-player.
    ------------------------

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    9/0
    Mentioned
    183 times
    Time Online
    80d 15h 10m
    Avg. Time Online
    29m
    I've been here for quite some time and I only have like 50 rep.

I WANT OFFICIAL CLRAIK.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    41/0
    Mentioned
    1,446 times
    Time Online
    368d 17h 50m
    Avg. Time Online
    2h 6m
    @(you need an account to see links) and @(you need an account to see links) are two people in particular who ranked up ridiculously fast. Mod was on here about 24/7 and gave long helpful posts to almost every question (I believe he made it to Top clraik in a few months..) , and Mophead is pretty much the price-checking board guru on and off the forum.

When it comes down to it, you just need to find out how you can help others on here and such. I ranked up via the homework corner, and price-checking for people.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    10/0
    Mentioned
    461 times
    Time Online
    69d 14h 13m
    Avg. Time Online
    24m
    I ranked up with guides and also helping people with French homeworks. Took me over a year to get Top ck but it was worth it.

Thanks
    DL/UL
    84/1
    Mentioned
    533 times
    Time Online
    134d 9h 16m
    Avg. Time Online
    52m
    I'm not even helpful what is this

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Mophead For This Useful Post:

Bettser (03-16-2015)

Thanks
    DL/UL
    228/0
    Mentioned
    394 times
    Time Online
    71d 6h 18m
    Avg. Time Online
    24m
    Quote Originally Posted by Infamous Joe View Post
    Remember we have the video contest and also cK Hall of Fame that make moving up in ranks super easy.. can take a weeks worth of work or less.
    V�deo contest is an easy rep, talking about v�deo contest I have posted a few new videos and No rep hahaha, but anyways I have spend years on ck and I only know is you need to be a nicest person and helpful

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    158/9
    Mentioned
    217 times
    Time Online
    54d 9h 37m
    Avg. Time Online
    18m
    I ranked up with guides, doing people's homework, making stuff/programs, making videos, baking cakes and generally being helpful.

It was hard but defiantly rewarding.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Water For This Useful Post:

metaldroga (03-17-2015)

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    172/0
    Mentioned
    657 times
    Time Online
    182d 5h 28m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 15m
    Quote Originally Posted by metaldroga View Post
    V�deo contest is an easy rep, talking about v�deo contest I have posted a few new videos and No rep hahaha, but anyways I have spend years on ck and I only know is you need to be a nicest person and helpful
    I didn't get +rep for the cake contest either.

I think it's about finding your niche. For example, as more people start to use my English assistance, confidence in using the service will grow and more people may take me up on it. I'm still relatively new on ck compared to others, and simply trying to carve out my spot.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    15/0
    Mentioned
    6 times
    Time Online
    1d 8h 45m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    Thanks for all the input guys. I hope it continues this way so members can know what to look for