Thanks
    Mentioned
    1,368 times
    Time Online
    131d 12h 4m
    Avg. Time Online
    45m

A few buying questions.

I *might* be interested in buying some NP via ETS (100-200m maybe), but have a few questions before I decide. I've already asked someone, but looking for a few more answers just to be sure. So here goes:

1. For 100+m, is it better to buy many small items, or one big item?

I used to think the fewer the transactions, the safer, but for big items eg. WoDF, a sudden transfer might tip someone off, right?

2. Assuming whatever is bought is sold on or to a shell, how would I get it onto my main (other than self-securing it for a while)?

3. For items worth over 100m, are they even safe to sell onsite and convert to NP? I would imagine some random showing up on BDC trying to sell a WoDF or GoW would probably get a lot of suspicion and a few reports to TNT to verify.

I saw someone who bought an aged/unknown (100+ months) account with a few cove items, try to sell them on BDC a few days ago and got iced immediately 'cause of those damn whistleblowers. They were Cove, but nothing even close to 100m each. So that makes me kinda nervous about it.

Post or PM answers, thanks!

Thanks
    Mentioned
    11 times
    Time Online
    9d 11h 16m
    Avg. Time Online
    3m
    Quote Originally Posted by Mod View Post
    I *might* be interested in buying some NP via ETS (100-200m maybe), but have a few questions before I decide. I've already asked someone, but looking for a few more answers just to be sure. So here goes:

1. For 100+m, is it better to buy many small items, or one big item?

I used to think the fewer the transactions, the safer, but for big items eg. WoDF, a sudden transfer might tip someone off, right?

2. Assuming whatever is bought is sold on or to a shell, how would I get it onto my main (other than self-securing it for a while)?

3. For items worth over 100m, are they even safe to sell onsite and convert to NP? I would imagine some random showing up on BDC trying to sell a WoDF or GoW would probably get a lot of suspicion and a few reports to TNT to verify.

I saw someone who bought an aged/unknown (100+ months) account with a few cove items, try to sell them on BDC a few days ago and got iced immediately 'cause of those damn whistleblowers. They were Cove, but nothing even close to 100m each. So that makes me kinda nervous about it.

Post or PM answers, thanks!
    Firstly, buying NP via ETS? xD ASSUMING you mean USD...

1) In my opnion, it's best to buy multiple smaller items and NOT sell them all at once on site, but don't buy a crap ton of small items. Buy a reasonable size, like 10 Anagram Swords or something. If you buy a big item like a BGC, a lot of people will call you out.

2) I am a really reckless buyer, so I get things sent directly to my main, which is stupid, but I'm still not frozen yet. Frankly, I'd say self-securing is your best bet, or you can leave the ETS items on the shell for a bit and then transfer it to your main to sell it on. Honestly, self-securing is pretty much all you can do. People will call you out if you're selling over 100m worth of items if you're on a shell, lol.

3) Honestly, I'd say they're not safe to sell on site. Don't advertise them, but you can definitely find people who make buying boards. That's probably the safest way to go, or you can try to find trade lots where you can offer directly on them.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Kuroyukihime For This Useful Post:

Mod (12-22-2012)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    6/0
    Mentioned
    164 times
    Time Online
    90d 19h 43m
    Avg. Time Online
    31m

--

About this, I think it was the account they were also concerned about. The account was cached and it came up as last seen long ago. Obviously that was going to throw some people off, and it did. That's why this person got iced lol.

To answer your questions, yes always buy smaller items. If you're buying a couple small paint brushes, I'd just get them sent to your main. If we're talking 10m+ items, I wou;d personally allow them to sit on a shell before sending. And for number 3, do what my fellow Vancouverite said ^

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Sellinglikealways For This Useful Post:

Mod (12-22-2012)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    19/0
    Mentioned
    61 times
    Time Online
    8d 21h 18m
    Avg. Time Online
    3m
    The only way to reliably secure a large amount of ETS is in two ways.

The first comes from having an established main account, in which you have a reputation with dealing with high end items; over time, gradually accrue wealth and make really really weighted trades with accounts that you own with your illegit stuff on it. Pretty sure this is how people like Mr. Roo do it; even easier but somewhat shadier if you label yourself as a reseller.

As well, you can get a really old account, post a lot in an informed way, join a esteemed battle guild, and then eventually come out with selling whatever large retired item you have; but nothing larger than BGC, since that WILL raise flags.

Gifting over 20m to an account is, in my opinion, an easy way to get frozen. Trying to sell it as a fresh face is asking for it.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to tchaikovsky For This Useful Post:

Mod (12-22-2012)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    6/0
    Mentioned
    164 times
    Time Online
    90d 19h 43m
    Avg. Time Online
    31m
    Yeah that's very true. It'll certainly raise flags. Just stick with small ETS or take small baby steps and THEN sell your higher end items. If you come out with a WoDF, you'll receive way too many annoying questions. If someone does that to me over 60m, anything over that is just -.-

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    19/0
    Mentioned
    61 times
    Time Online
    8d 21h 18m
    Avg. Time Online
    3m
    Yeah, selling WoDF on an account people don't know about is literally a death sentence, just because the community is so tight that everyone knows the people that have them.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    6/0
    Mentioned
    164 times
    Time Online
    90d 19h 43m
    Avg. Time Online
    31m
    lol on a side note, I want an item gen to come out That would be so much fun xD

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    19/0
    Mentioned
    61 times
    Time Online
    8d 21h 18m
    Avg. Time Online
    3m
    Same. I seem to miss them every time, and dupe day x2 would be fantastic to see again. ;D

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    6/0
    Mentioned
    164 times
    Time Online
    90d 19h 43m
    Avg. Time Online
    31m
    Was never apart of that I just joined Clraik in the summer and since then, I don't think there's been an item gen.

Can't wait for the next one lol

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    1,368 times
    Time Online
    131d 12h 4m
    Avg. Time Online
    45m
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuroyukihime View Post
    Firstly, buying NP via ETS? xD ASSUMING you mean USD...

3) Honestly, I'd say they're not safe to sell on site. Don't advertise them, but you can definitely find people who make buying boards. That's probably the safest way to go, or you can try to find trade lots where you can offer directly on them.
    I meant ETS, since I assume trying to get it all in pure is even riskier, is it?

For your 3), I'd also assume you meant finding buyers looking for small stuff, like HT items? I'd think any of *those* people looking for 100+m items are already smart enough to ask questions and holler at TNT before conducting any transactions?

Quote Originally Posted by tchaikovsky View Post
    Gifting over 20m to an account is, in my opinion, an easy way to get frozen. Trying to sell it as a fresh face is asking for it.
    Even say throwing 2 Anagrams simultaneously at an account is enough to be easily iced, huh? I do have an aged account, it's so-so, but not an active participant in the community, so...

---

Aye, so the general idea for buying large amounts of pure in ETS is to let them rot and slowly siphon them off to my main, huh? Would that in itself be risky, if TNT sees say, an Anagram get sent off every month over a year or two? Which btw, seems very time consuming, would probably take nearly 2 years to get 200m worth onto 1 main (if TNT doesn't catch by then, xD).

So in conclusion, for those mega-BD items I see for sale on cK's Trade board is basically if you can get them safely on your main, are for personal use and never try to sell?

Thanks for the help so far, all your answers are revolving around the same notion - which is the complete opposite of the first person I consulted. Glad I asked,