5/0
    Mentioned
    18 times
    Time Online
    5d 15h 56m
    Avg. Time Online
    3m

Lightbulb [Guide Request] Non-UC Price Guide

I noticed that there isn't really a guide to non-UC prices, like a price for a random VVWN and such.

Now, converted pets are not worth as much, but names can play a huge role, especially if they have less characters or are a real word/name. I was thinking that we could put together a guide for a rough estimate on prices for various types of names for non-UC pets. It would help out a lot for those who are selling pets more for their name, rather than the fact they're UC.

Example: 4L pet - $10

I'm suggesting that a group of reputable price-checkers/experienced traders/etc come together and put together a guide for various types of names.

Name types recommended for a guide:
    1-5L, VVWN, VWN, WN, DN, BN, RW/RN

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    72/0
    Mentioned
    24 times
    Time Online
    10d 14h 2m
    Avg. Time Online
    4m
    It's difficult because names are entirely subjective. In terms of a converted pet price list, it's just not needed because you can buy any MP/PB you want.

3. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to elissa For This Useful Post:

Aska (06-14-2017),Bettser (06-14-2017),motherfucker (06-14-2017)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    5/0
    Mentioned
    18 times
    Time Online
    5d 15h 56m
    Avg. Time Online
    3m
    Quote Originally Posted by elissa View Post
    It's difficult because names are entirely subjective. In terms of a converted pet price list, it's just not needed because you can buy any MP/PB you want.
    It doesn't have to be a 100% set-in-stone list, it can be a range. It'd be helpful for those trying to sell converted pets but don't know what to price them.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    30/0
    Mentioned
    1,998 times
    Time Online
    437d 23h 2m
    Avg. Time Online
    2h 29m
    The main issue there is that nobody really looks to buy converted pets. The only converted pets people are after is RW/RN pets. 1L pets would be great but I think the last of them is iced. There may be a few 2L but there not much of a standard to go off of for those. The real world and real name pets are something I was trying to figure out too. However, if it's not proper spelling or isn't a very popular/common word, the price is almost certainly going to be under $20, potetntially even under $10. When people buy names like that, they generally want proper spelling, capitalization, etc etc.

Like @(you need an account to see links) said - if somebody wants a specific type of converted pet, it would be easier and safer to simply buy the MP or items necessary to obtain that pet. Other than that, you could. Have sell a VWN pet for a quarter orsomethinf tiny like that. After PayPal takes their fees you won't even have enough for a gumball from the machine.
    What's my definition of success?
    Creating something no one else can
    Being brave enough to dream big
    Grindin' when you're told to just quit
    Giving more when you got nothin' left

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    17/0
    Mentioned
    19 times
    Time Online
    23d 2h 3m
    Avg. Time Online
    7m
    Quote Originally Posted by I_royalty_I View Post
    Other than that, you could. Have sell a VWN pet for a quarter orsomethinf tiny like that. After PayPal takes their fees you won't even have enough for a gumball from the machine.
    Shit, most gumball machines are 50� nowadays.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TheButt For This Useful Post:

Andymac106 (06-14-2017),I_royalty_I (06-14-2017)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    5/0
    Mentioned
    18 times
    Time Online
    5d 15h 56m
    Avg. Time Online
    3m
    The main issue there is that nobody really looks to buy converted pets. The only converted pets people are after is RW/RN pets. 1L pets would be great but I think the last of them is iced. There may be a few 2L but there not much of a standard to go off of for those. The real world and real name pets are something I was trying to figure out too. However, if it's not proper spelling or isn't a very popular/common word, the price is almost certainly going to be under $20, potetntially even under $10. When people buy names like that, they generally want proper spelling, capitalization, etc etc.

Like @(you need an account to see links) said - if somebody wants a specific type of converted pet, it would be easier and safer to simply buy the MP or items necessary to obtain that pet. Other than that, you could. Have sell a VWN pet for a quarter orsomethinf tiny like that. After PayPal takes their fees you won't even have enough for a gumball from the machine.
    Imo, I think the reason why people aren't buying because they don't know how much they are. I'm not looking for a debate or anything, it's a request for a basic guide that people can work off of. UC prices are rather set-in-stone, but they don't have to be followed down to the last dollar, due to the name type. Now if it IS the same as that guide says, then yes it needs to be followed exactly.

I still think it would be useful to have a base price for users to work off of for converted pets, especially for RW/RN, low character names, and misspells of RW/RN.

Thanks
    DL/UL
    17/0
    Mentioned
    306 times
    Time Online
    134d 4h 41m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 11m
    I agree that a guide for this would be cool, but the whole guide would be kind of a waste of time to make, since pet names are completely subjective.

If you want to sell or buy, you could just simply make a post for what you're looking to buy or sell, and discuss prices through PM.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    30/0
    Mentioned
    1,998 times
    Time Online
    437d 23h 2m
    Avg. Time Online
    2h 29m
    Quote Originally Posted by epicigon View Post
    Imo, I think the reason why people aren't buying because they don't know how much they are. I'm not looking for a debate or anything, it's a request for a basic guide that people can work off of. UC prices are rather set-in-stone, but they don't have to be followed down to the last dollar, due to the name type. Now if it IS the same as that guide says, then yes it needs to be followed exactly.

I still think it would be useful to have a base price for users to work off of for converted pets, especially for RW/RN, low character names, and misspells of RW/RN.
    Im not trying to debate or argue. You asked for experienced traders and i would argue that I'm one of the most experienced traders on this site. I was trying to give you my honest opinion. Converted pets don't sell.

The only way I can see something like this being desired would be for a sales thread to be put up and the pets sold for NPs. Then those NPs converted to USD later on. I don't see converted pets selling for much. What's the most expensive ph right now? Stealth? For a VWN popular stealth pet I could see it maybe selling for a dollar or two.

Realistically though, if somebody wants to start selling converted pets, they have the freedom to do whatever they would like. If they wanted to price VWN pets at $5, that's their prerogative. There isn't much of a standard to base it off of. So any prices given will be opinions, and everybody has their own. Trial and error. List pets for a certain price and if nobody bites, lower the price or keep it and be patient.

For RW / RN pets, I gave my two cents. I asked a similar question the other day. Pricing those pets is tough. Misspells and unpopular character names aren't worth as much now a days when people have very popular names and proper spelling of extremely common names. The selling environment and competition is high in that realm. For uncommon or misspelled named, $10-20 would be the max range I'm sure.
    Last edited by I_royalty_I; 06-14-2017 at 01:04 PM.
    What's my definition of success?
    Creating something no one else can
    Being brave enough to dream big
    Grindin' when you're told to just quit
    Giving more when you got nothin' left

11. The Following User Says Thank You to I_royalty_I For This Useful Post:

Banette (06-14-2017)

Pronouns
    He/Him
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    70/0
    Mentioned
    148 times
    Time Online
    112d 3h 46m
    Avg. Time Online
    42m
    You asked for experienced traders and i would argue that I'm one of the most experienced traders on this site.
    One of the most humble too No but in reality everything he just said is true

For example, I've had, in my opinion, a VVWN 5L converted Baby Krawk for sale on my board for $5. You know how much attention it has gotten? 0. None. Nada. Why? Because unless it is a RW/RN, BD pet, 1/2/3L or in some rare cases 4L, converted don't sell

Now here is my reasoning for that: You could easily purchase any converted pet you wanted for about $5 (excluding probably Robot Draiks and Ice Draiks and Boris). OR you could buy a BN UC mutant for $7-9. For $2 more, you now have a UC pet that can trade for nearly any converted. So why don't we have a converted market on clraik? Because it is easier to just sell a very cheap UC and then have you trade it for the top-of-the-line converted on Neo itself

As for the rest of the pets, this is how I would possible price it:

Note: This is based on what I have seen previous trades go for and whatnot on site
    1L - N/A (nonexistent I don't believe)
    2L - Unpronounceable - $20-25 | Pronounceable - $50-60+
    Now, 2L get very tricky because I have seen them go for T3 all the way up to T8 so there is a wacky weird range that would have to be taken case by case
    3L - Unpronounceable (or Not a RW/RN in something other than Cvc format) - $15-20 | Cvc format pronounceable - $25-30 (also case by case, those would be low lower end ones)
    4L - Unpronounceable - Dont bother trying to sell. (.50 at most) | Pronounceable - $5
    5L - Unpronounceable - 0. Wouldnt sell | Pronounceable - $2-3

RW/RN
    -Common, used in everyday conversation, or with perfect character potential: $60-75+ (Some may trade for up to T9s that's why the range is so high)
    -Video Game, Movie, Book characters: $30-50+ (Depending on character relevance, identifiable)
    -Uncommon/Foreign Common: $15-25 (These still will trade well on site just not entirely as well as the other ones)
    -Plurals: $10-15 (Not usually in high demand)
    -"Technically" words but need an explanation: No need to price as they won't go for much on the site UNLESS there is a specific person looking for a theme that fits your pet

Now, for all of that, that is a guide, by no means set in stone. Certain people will pay more for a pet than say someone else would want to.

PS: Tell me if you think I should just go ahead and make what I just posted into a guide, or if it needs alterations. Just my 2 cents
    Sometimes the worst mistakes make the funniest memories
    (you need an account to see links)
    (you need an account to see links)
    Guac forever <3
    But Dix foreverest

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Andymac106 For This Useful Post:

Banette (06-14-2017),Pusheen (06-14-2017)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    27/0
    Mentioned
    242 times
    Time Online
    123d 34m
    Avg. Time Online
    49m
    I skimmed this but I agree with what I have seen. Names are subjective, prices are subjective. I think I have some 3L pets on my thread ranging up to $40 that aren't RW/RN. It's more or less if anyone asks, I see what they're looking for and we work from there, both on finding a pet and negotiating a price we're both happy with.

Certain names may mean something to some more than others. The pet 'Book' may not mean as much to me as someone who spent their childhood buried in books. While it is obviously a great name for a pet, I would be inclined to pay less than said childhood-book person would.

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to looklook123123 For This Useful Post:

Andymac106 (06-14-2017),Banette (06-14-2017)