39/0
    Mentioned
    25 times
    Time Online
    19d 16h 32m
    Avg. Time Online
    7m
    Quote Originally Posted by Cupcake. View Post
    Because if the government sends anyone into MY state or into MY house to confiscate MY weapons, I promise you, I will go down in a blaze of crazy, fucking, freedom-blasting glory.

And so will millions of other Americans. Our National Guard and Reserves are civilians 28 days out of the month. They are much bigger than our active duty brethren and they all know they're allowed and encouraged to own weapons.

We are actively told to disobey any orders that are not lawful. Taking guns out of the hands of any authorized American citizen is an unlawful order because our second amendment is a RIGHT.

That is why gun control will not work in America. And as Misha stated with factual facts of factually factness: The areas with the strictest gun control have the most gun crime because only criminals are armed. You think disarming the entire US will fix that? Let me introduce you to Mexico. They stepped in when we made drugs illegal, and i assure you, lovely person, they will step in when guns are illegal.

You cannot change who we are. We will have guns. We will always have guns. And they will have to kill us, before we give them up, but once again, the military is armed and authorized to say no to a tyrannical government.

So you guys can all sit in your little peace-circle in here and discuss how nice a utopia will be. Not gonna happen. Ever.

---------- Post added at 10:28 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:22 AM ----------

What you're saying is the truth, 100% agree. And that's why "conspiracy theories" and those demanding transparency concerning the potential that what happened in Vegas, Orlando, Sandy Hook, 9/11 etc. etc., were either false flags (an event that was done by the people that are blaming another group/enemy, laws, or countries, as the ones who were responsible for the events, and done so to carry out specific agendas) or that the event was a hoax (same thing except nothing happened the way it was reported, and was done knowing full well that nothing happened). The motive for doing something like this is an attempt to sway public opinion, and in this case, sway the opinion of gun owners to WANT tighter gun control.

Sent from my LGMS210 using Tapatalk

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    33/0
    Mentioned
    3 times
    Time Online
    16h 39m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    Quote Originally Posted by TtotheJ View Post
    What you're saying is the truth, 100% agree. And that's why "conspiracy theories" and those demanding transparency concerning the potential that what happened in Vegas, Orlando, Sandy Hook, 9/11 etc. etc., were either false flags (an event that was done by the people that are blaming another group/enemy, laws, or countries, as the ones who were responsible for the events, and done so to carry out specific agendas) or that the event was a hoax (same thing except nothing happened the way it was reported, and was done knowing full well that nothing happened). The motive for doing something like this is an attempt to sway public opinion, and in this case, sway the opinion of gun owners to WANT tighter gun control.

Quote Originally Posted by Cupcake. View Post
    Because if the government sends anyone into MY state or into MY house to confiscate MY weapons, I promise you, I will go down in a blaze of crazy, fucking, freedom-blasting glory.

And so will millions of other Americans. Our National Guard and Reserves are civilians 28 days out of the month. They are much bigger than our active duty brethren and they all know they're allowed and encouraged to own weapons.

We are actively told to disobey any orders that are not lawful. Taking guns out of the hands of any authorized American citizen is an unlawful order because our second amendment is a RIGHT.

That is why gun control will not work in America. And as Misha stated with factual facts of factually factness: The areas with the strictest gun control have the most gun crime because only criminals are armed. You think disarming the entire US will fix that? Let me introduce you to Mexico. They stepped in when we made drugs illegal, and i assure you, lovely person, they will step in when guns are illegal.

You cannot change who we are. We will have guns. We will always have guns. And they will have to kill us, before we give them up, but once again, the military is armed and authorized to say no to a tyrannical government.

So you guys can all sit in your little peace-circle in here and discuss how nice a utopia will be. Not gonna happen. Ever.

---------- Post added at 10:28 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:22 AM ----------

I'm not really suggesting we barge in and take away guns. I think the process of making this safer can be started though, even just with background checks. I mean I don't see why anyone would object to this?

More transparency would be great! I don't know about these conspiracy theories though, there are just so so so many episodes of gun violence that it's difficult to believe they are all hoaxes.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    10/0
    Mentioned
    369 times
    Time Online
    68d 19m
    Avg. Time Online
    23m
    Quote Originally Posted by bbuilder View Post
    I'm not really suggesting we barge in and take away guns. I think the process of making this safer can be started though, even just with background checks. I mean I don't see why anyone would object to this?

More transparency would be great! I don't know about these conspiracy theories though, there are just so so so many episodes of gun violence that it's difficult to believe they are all hoaxes.
    I agree the private gun-buying loopholes should be closed. Everyone should have a quick criminal check because I'm really against criminals and crazy people owning guns. They make the rest of us look bad.
    What I'm actively against is telling me what I'm allowed to put on my gun. If i want a 30-round mag, it's not because I want to shoot 30 people. It's because reloading is a pain in the ass and I'd rather shoot off as much as possible before stopping to reload. It's not as fun when you have to stop every few rounds.
    I would love to own a .50 cal. Have you ever shot a big ass gun? I have. I lit the woods on fire in basic training because we had to burn off all our extra ammo. I saw my barrel turn red from overheating. It's the best thing that's ever been between my thighs. Talk about power... I completely understand why people would want to own one. They're fucking fun.

And there are not "just so so so many episodes of gun violence"

as previously sourced by Misha, most gun "violence" is self-inflicted suicides... or it's criminal gun violence that background checks wouldn't have stopped. She also gave a list of things that cause way more murder/death/kills than guns.

Thanks
    DL/UL
    39/0
    Mentioned
    25 times
    Time Online
    19d 16h 32m
    Avg. Time Online
    7m
    I hate even bringing it up anymore, but it's extremely hard not to, after looking into it myself. There is a 2 hour presentation on the Sandy Hook shooting, that was created by a few concerned journalists', that actually went digging to find out why everything looked so fucking fake. There were a lot of questions regarding the victim's loved-ones, and how their responses during interviews didn't look the least bit genuine. There were also A LOT of discrepancies concerning the official timeline of events when compared to video surveillance that wasn't redacted. A few months before Sandy Hook, I bill was reluctantly passed (even though it faced obvious and rigorous opposition) that gave the police departments authority on what information should be released, concerning crime scene information, photos, and autopsy reports. Because of that bill, NO ONE in the public eye has seen ANY of the crime scene photos or autopsy reports of those killed in the Sandy Hook shooting. Basically, instead of just accepting things as face value, we need to take the time to make choice for ourselves, using the senses we have, to determine what's really going on, ESPECIALLY when we are slowly losing our rights to even LOOK INTO THESE THINGS. The bill in Connecticut that was passed only months before the shooting, is completely unconstitutional. Now, because of the bill, those who are wrongly convicted of crimes no longer have the authority to receive the case files that have helped innocent people prove their innocence. These types of events have sparked a lot of talk about gun control, but it's my opinion, that the logical outcome of the debate on gun control will only lead to the obvious.. "guns don't kill people, bad people kill people" and then, the only logical step from there is.. "How can we monitor these bad people more efficiently." Then, who knows, maybe one day, those bad people end up being wrongly accused, and find themselves without the authority to prove it.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    33/0
    Mentioned
    3 times
    Time Online
    16h 39m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    I hate even bringing it up anymore, but it's extremely hard not to, after looking into it myself. There is a 2 hour presentation on the Sandy Hook shooting, that was created by a few concerned journalists', that actually went digging to find out why everything looked so fucking fake. There were a lot of questions regarding the victim's loved-ones, and how their responses during interviews didn't look the least bit genuine. There were also A LOT of discrepancies concerning the official timeline of events when compared to video surveillance that wasn't redacted. A few months before Sandy Hook, I bill was reluctantly passed (even though it faced obvious and rigorous opposition) that gave the police departments authority on what information should be released, concerning crime scene information, photos, and autopsy reports. Because of that bill, NO ONE in the public eye has seen ANY of the crime scene photos or autopsy reports of those killed in the Sandy Hook shooting. Basically, instead of just accepting things as face value, we need to take the time to make choice for ourselves, using the senses we have, to determine what's really going on, ESPECIALLY when we are slowly losing our rights to even LOOK INTO THESE THINGS. The bill in Connecticut that was passed only months before the shooting, is completely unconstitutional. Now, because of the bill, those who are wrongly convicted of crimes no longer have the authority to receive the case files that have helped innocent people prove their innocence. These types of events have sparked a lot of talk about gun control, but it's my opinion, that the logical outcome of the debate on gun control will only lead to the obvious.. "guns don't kill people, bad people kill people" and then, the only logical step from there is.. "How can we monitor these bad people more efficiently." Then, who knows, maybe one day, those bad people end up being wrongly accused, and find themselves without the authority to prove it.
    I can definitely agree that government is taking away power from the people which should not be the case!
    The "guns don't kill people, people kill people" thing to me is like saying well why don't we just unban drugs, or airplane item restrictions? Sure, in a perfect world we would be able to tell who has bad intentions and allow people with good intentions to have these freedoms, but we don't live in that world. So in the meantime, things like drugs have to be restricted to keep people safe.

Thanks
    DL/UL
    39/0
    Mentioned
    25 times
    Time Online
    19d 16h 32m
    Avg. Time Online
    7m
    Quote Originally Posted by bbuilder View Post
    I can definitely agree that government is taking away power from the people which should not be the case!
    The "guns don't kill people, people kill people" thing to me is like saying well why don't we just unban drugs, or airplane item restrictions? Sure, in a perfect world we would be able to tell who has bad intentions and allow people with good intentions to have these freedoms, but we don't live in that world. So in the meantime, things like drugs have to be restricted to keep people safe.
    Well, do you see the pattern? The war on drugs is really a war on drug users, who then become convicts and face uphill battles. The prison system is private-owned, so it would be bad business to de-criminalize drugs. Prisons also provide cheap labor, while more money is spent by Tax-payers for federal prisons that are tax-exempt.. money that could be used to help keep drugs out of the country and from being moved within the country.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    33/0
    Mentioned
    3 times
    Time Online
    16h 39m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    Well, do you see the pattern? The war on drugs is really a war on drug users, who then become convicts and face uphill battles. The prison system is private-owned, so it would be bad business to de-criminalize drugs. Prisons also provide cheap labor, while more money is spent by Tax-payers for federal prisons that are tax-exempt.. money that could be used to help keep drugs out of the country and from being moved within the country.

Sure, but the solution is to educate people, nominate and elect responsible parties while passing anti-corruption laws, and being aware of what is happening with politics. The idea of having guns so that you can "rise up" against the government is ancient and I don't think it's applicable or possible today.

Thanks
    DL/UL
    39/0
    Mentioned
    25 times
    Time Online
    19d 16h 32m
    Avg. Time Online
    7m
    @(you need an account to see links) Look up "Hegelian Dialectic."

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    35/0
    Mentioned
    10 times
    Time Online
    14d 3h 39m
    Avg. Time Online
    4m
    This whole thread has been an eye opener for me. All that we have plastered over here in the U.K. whenever an event like Vegas happens is how crazy the US are, why Guns should be banned etc etc.

It's all one sided so we never see any of the reasoning behind why people support the right to own a weapon and the benefits. So it's been good to see it from the other side of the fence. I've never held a gun, but next time I'm in the US I'm going to make a point of visiting a gun range. I want to experience it!

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Diablos For This Useful Post:

Lilac Tentacles (10-13-2017)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    33/0
    Mentioned
    3 times
    Time Online
    16h 39m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A