DL/UL
    34/0
    Mentioned
    315 times
    Time Online
    49d 2h 15m
    Avg. Time Online
    16m
    4. If the child is very ill and he/she could only live until he/she was about 5 years you can still make him/her happy with his/her life, and isn't that what life is all about, being happy?
    Depends on the condition, not all can be helped with surgery or some meds. Some conditions will cause the parents to see their child go from born and smiling to still, completely mute, and seizing. It is not a life to have if that life being wasted away and suffering before your eyes. That child will never be able to say I love you, never be able to give a hug, never be able to play. They can be in pain during those 5 years of life. There are conditions like that. And genetic testing can find out early on if that child is on their way to such a life.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    2/0
    Mentioned
    25 times
    Time Online
    23d 9h 16m
    Avg. Time Online
    8m
    I'd like to say I'm indifferent.
    Morally, and for myself, I would say pro-life.
    However, I do not feel it is my right to say someone else cannot do something to themselves. Therefore, ethically, I am inclined to say pro-choice.

As I mentioned, though, morally I never would abort. I feel as I am responsible for making this thing, and I do see it as a living being, so I should at least give it the chance to live. Perhaps not with me, but a life nonetheless.

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Raichuu For This Useful Post:

Banannie (10-17-2015),potatoespotate (06-05-2016)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    22/0
    Mentioned
    68 times
    Time Online
    47d 17h 38m
    Avg. Time Online
    18m
    I'm definitely pro-choice, as I think women should be able to do what they want with their body. However, I think there are some other things to take into consideration. For example, if the boy who impregnated her wants the child (particularly a boyfriend or husband), I do think she should have to have the child. It's not fair for her to take the potential child away from the man, who wants to care for it. But I think that's a very sensitive topic. Because if the girl REALLY doesn't want the child, having the child because the bf/husband wants it could end the relationship (as she doesn't want a child, but he does). Or if she doesn't want to be pregnant for 9 months (for whatever reason), then it's torture to put her through that just because of the guy.
    So it's going to be unfair for one person or the other. I've heard of cases like this going to court, and sometimes the girl is allowed to get an abortion, and other times she's required to have the child (though some will get an abortion, anyways).

At my university, we always have pro-life people set up posters and such around our campus without warning, and they just plaster these horrible pictures all over the place and scream in your face if you say you're pro-choice. So every time this happens, people start debates about this topic all over campus and our websites and FB pages xD they set up last Thursday, so it's been fun reading all of the posts and hearing about it in the halls.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    9/0
    Mentioned
    3 times
    Time Online
    11h 51m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    Yeah my stance on abortion tends to be towards bodily autonomy. Bodily autonomy is the law that states that no person can use any part of another person's body without their consent, even if the offending party would die as a result.

Basically this means that if you have a brother that needs a liver, you can refuse to donate even though it would save your brother's life. Your brother can't even use your liver after you have died unless you stated before death that you were okay with it.

Neither babies nor fetuses have the right to use a person's womb if they don't want to allow it. It's highly invasive to suggest that any person should have to have a living thing growing inside them against their will...

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to littlespacecase For This Useful Post:

Banannie (10-17-2015),katix (10-18-2015)

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    21/0
    Mentioned
    16 times
    Time Online
    3d 19h 25m
    Avg. Time Online
    1m
    I believe a woman should have the right to choose whether to keep the child or not, since it is her body and her life that will be altered by it. Pro-life people say that you should choose adoption over abortion but I'm fairly certain that to be forced to keep a child you have not wanted, carry it nine month and then give it away is actually a far more destructive experience than having an abortion when you're only a few weeks along.
    When I was working in obstetrics I have seen to many young women pregnant or already the mothers of children they were incapable of taking care of because they did not have the maturity and the means to do so. If you cannot or do not want to raise a child you should have the right not to have it and nobody should be able to prevent you from making that choice.

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    7 times
    Time Online
    2d 18h 56m
    Avg. Time Online
    1m
    (I didn't read the whole thread oops)

^ This is pretty much how I feel about it. If I ever had an unwanted pregnancy, I am not sure I could go through with it -- but I sure as heck support the freedom to choose, because fuck those legislators who think it's any of their business what someone else does with their body.

Quote Originally Posted by lisaasil12 View Post
    2. Would you punish a child for what the father does wrong? (Like: Would you go to prison because your father stole something?) Then why punish the unborn child if the mother is raped or anything?
    Because we live in a country that gives (you need an account to see links). Asking your question a different way: why punish the mother for being raped by saddling her with (potentially) a lifetime of raising a child with her rapist?

Quote Originally Posted by wrisun View Post
    I'm definitely pro-choice, as I think women should be able to do what they want with their body. However, I think there are some other things to take into consideration. For example, if the boy who impregnated her wants the child (particularly a boyfriend or husband), I do think she should have to have the child. It's not fair for her to take the potential child away from the man, who wants to care for it.
    (*My own emphasis added)
    This is still putting the desires of the man above the desires of the woman about her own body, though. Is it fairer to make her give birth to a child she doesn't want, putting her body through the trauma from (you need an account to see links)? There are also (you need an account to see links), should she also have to deal with that? What about (you need an account to see links) the man is asking her to chance for a child she doesn't want? (you need an account to see links)? Her body is going to have some major changes, and possibly health risks, regardless of whether not she's keeping the child. What if he has a panic attack in the delivery room and decides he isn't ready to be a father, leaving her with a child she didn't want in the first place? Delivery shows you some disgusting stuff you cannot unsee. He would not be the first new father to completely panic... stranger things have happened. I'll have to disagree with you here.

Quote Originally Posted by gilly777 View Post
    Pro-life people say that you should choose adoption over abortion but I'm fairly certain that to be forced to keep a child you have not wanted, carry it nine month and then give it away is actually a far more destructive experience than having an abortion when you're only a few weeks along.
    Exactly.
    ✿ ✿ ✿ ✿ ✿ ✿ ✿ ✿ ✿ ✿ ✿ ✿ ✿ ✿ ✿ ✿ ✿ ✿ ✿ ✿ ✿ ✿ ✿ ✿ ✿ ✿ ✿ ✿ ✿ ✿ ✿ ✿ ✿ ✿ ✿ ✿

* Coming Soon!

(you need an account to see links)
    ✿ ✿ ✿ ✿ ✿ ✿ ✿ ✿ ✿ ✿ ✿ ✿ ✿ ✿ ✿ ✿ ✿ ✿ ✿ ✿ ✿ ✿ ✿ ✿ ✿ ✿ ✿ ✿ ✿ ✿ ✿ ✿ ✿ ✿ ✿ ✿

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ariella For This Useful Post:

gilly777 (06-05-2016),potatoespotate (06-05-2016)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    24/0
    Mentioned
    131 times
    Time Online
    46d 4h 10m
    Avg. Time Online
    21m
    What another woman does with her body is none of my business. I do believe or would hope that if a woman got an abortion that it was as early as possible. Other than that I couldn't give my 2 cents to something that isn't under my control.

Would I get an abortion? No, I wouldn't. I personally could never get over the guilt of it. I got attached to my babies really fast. I still even have some guilt over the miscarriage of my first pregnancy, which I know was beyond my control.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    49/0
    Mentioned
    18 times
    Time Online
    7d 18h 59m
    Avg. Time Online
    2m
    Well, here (the country i live) there is a huge debate over it, as many women die everyday on illegal abortion clinics. I am totally pro-choice. For me there is no point on force a life to come in unstructured family that will not enjoy a baby. Over here, some people think that granting the right of abortion for everyone, they will "be forced" to abort.
    English isn't my native language so if I misspell anything, send me a PM!

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    21/0
    Mentioned
    16 times
    Time Online
    3d 19h 25m
    Avg. Time Online
    1m
    Quote Originally Posted by MrNokezo View Post
    Well, here (the country i live) there is a huge debate over it, as many women die everyday on illegal abortion clinics. I am totally pro-choice. For me there is no point on force a life to come in unstructured family that will not enjoy a baby. Over here, some people think that granting the right of abortion for everyone, they will "be forced" to abort.
    Well I don't know about your country but in France abortion has been authorized since 1975 and I don't think that women feel forced to abort because of it. Even under aged girls are given the choice, their parents cannot force them to do it against their will. Of course their is a process in place to prevent such things: interview with doctors before the procedure, counselling... It is made clear to the patient that she can change her mind until the very last moment without having to justify herself in any way. If someone was trying to force a girl to have an abortion, I don't think the surgeon would go along with it.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to gilly777 For This Useful Post:

MrNokezo (06-05-2016)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    49/0
    Mentioned
    18 times
    Time Online
    7d 18h 59m
    Avg. Time Online
    2m
    @(you need an account to see links) I think i expressed myself bad. I meant that one of the most used argue of "pro-life" people from here is that they would never abort, and this makes no sense at all, as no one is asking them to do it.
    English isn't my native language so if I misspell anything, send me a PM!