84/0
    Mentioned
    142 times
    Time Online
    11d 18h 27m
    Avg. Time Online
    4m

my insomnia is so bad right now

I keep ending up not sleeping for 3-ish days and then sleeping for a few hours max and then not sleeping for two days and today I couldn't sleep until 6:30am and then when I tried to get up at a decent time this morning, I physically could not move and I'm just rly tired (ha ha ha) of this man it's ruining my life

ok spammy small rant over

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    58/0
    Mentioned
    58 times
    Time Online
    23d 13h 50m
    Avg. Time Online
    11m
    As someone with also diagnosed insomnia since i was a kid, i feel you, ruins your whole life all together, makes you cherish being able to sleep out of the bloom. Since i don't have the option to skip responsibility like almost everyone in the planet, i looked for help from a psychiatrist who prescipted me meds. I can tell from experience, it's exausting, you get to sleep or basically pass out, though you won't feel like your self, at least that happened for me and it takes a LOT of time to get used to it but mostly, the type of med you need, i mean you just can't take the same one for ever, since our organism adapts to them to find some equilibrium which will probably make you switch dosis and so on. If you need this because simply it's destroying your life and making you unable to get to work or others, you might wanna consider it, but if timing and having to comply with a schedule i recommend exercise LOTS of it, till your body can't handle it anymore. I'm not a doctor but i've been your place before, seek a doctor about this before it affects your whole daily routine. And of course, best of luck!
    @(you need an account to see links)
    Last edited by NotADoctor; 07-27-2016 at 05:52 PM.

Thanks
    DL/UL
    127/0
    Mentioned
    575 times
    Time Online
    62d 4h 17m
    Avg. Time Online
    21m
    hope you get some sleep soon, i used to work with someone that used to sleep every 2 weeks and holy shit he was like a zombie even with all the energy drinks he was consuming which was not good for the health though he did have a GF that also suffered as well so he wasn't alone but i can't image staying up for that long like WOW.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    24/0
    Mentioned
    57 times
    Time Online
    6d 11h 1m
    Avg. Time Online
    2m
    Damn, that sounds like a horrible experience. Sending positive and sleepy vibes your way!

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

(⊃。�́‿�̀。)⊃━☆゚.*・。゚Nique

"Shorten that to 20 words or less!"- Saitama

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    15/0
    Mentioned
    24 times
    Time Online
    12d 1h 50m
    Avg. Time Online
    5m
    Please take caare. Sending you my well wishes too, and may you have a good rest soonn

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    84/0
    Mentioned
    142 times
    Time Online
    11d 18h 27m
    Avg. Time Online
    4m
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Lemonade View Post
    As someone with also diagnosed insomnia since i was a kid, i feel you, ruins your whole life all together, makes you cherish being able to sleep out of the bloom. Since i don't have the option to skip responsibility like almost everyone in the planet, i looked for help from a psychiatrist who prescipted me meds. I can tell from experience, it's exausting, you get to sleep or basically pass out, though you won't feel like your self, at least that happened for me and it takes a LOT of time to get used to it but mostly, the type of med you need, i mean you just can't take the same one for ever, since our organism adapts to them to find some equilibrium which will probably make you switch dosis and so on. If you need this because simply it's destroying your life and making you unable to get to work or others, you might wanna consider it, but if timing and having to comply with a schedule i recommend exercise LOTS of it, till your body can't handle it anymore. I'm not a doctor but i've been your place before, seek a doctor about this before it affects your whole daily routine. And of course, best of luck!
    I've seen 4 different doctors, been on a variety of different meds, had two sleep studies, and am getting nowhere but thanks anyway

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    34/0
    Mentioned
    315 times
    Time Online
    49d 2h 15m
    Avg. Time Online
    16m
    Quote Originally Posted by scarmans View Post
    hope you get some sleep soon, i used to work with someone that used to sleep every 2 weeks and holy shit he was like a zombie even with all the energy drinks he was consuming which was not good for the health though he did have a GF that also suffered as well so he wasn't alone but i can't image staying up for that long like WOW.
    I am going to say your work buddy did not go that long without sleep. He would very likely be dead if he went legit 14 days without sleep. Not having a good night's sleep in 14 days is very possible however. Thats kinda what I run on. Half-ass sleeping for 3-4 hours a night (which many people will say "I never slept") then a week or two later I am exhausted enough go sleep a full 8 hours. It is a glorious feeling when it happens.

But 14 days or so straight with zero sleep would be a world record and a saught after study item.

@(you need an account to see links) I too have trouble sleeping not to the level of needing meds, not that I have not thought about it, but have you tried simple things like freshly washed bedsheets or taking a nice warm bath with calming/soothing aromas? I don't believe in all that holistic essential oils on the body bs but sometimes just being comfy is the hardest part of falling asleep. So I use the fabric softener more than I would and I use a bubble bath called Dr. Teals Lavender Soothe and Sleep, and Dr. Teals Lavender Epsom Salts. Took me awhile to find a brand and scent that works but for me that ended up being the combo I needed to at least be able to get more than ~2 hours a night. I still have issues sleeping but my times have doubled since using the bath products. Maybe search around for something like that which can help put your body into that restful state.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    66/0
    Mentioned
    63 times
    Time Online
    9d 2h 21m
    Avg. Time Online
    3m
    Have your tried physical exercise, or something similar that will physically exhaust you to the point of sleep? I used to sleep like a baby after a workout. I do manual work now and am up at 6:30 am everyday and when it gets to 11/12pm I am ready to pass out.
    The key is to get into a routine, however I know that is easier said than done. Keep seeing your doctor/ psychiatrist even if you feel it isn't working. I take it you have been on a course of sleeping tablets? Did those not work?

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    84/0
    Mentioned
    142 times
    Time Online
    11d 18h 27m
    Avg. Time Online
    4m
    I appreciate the suggestions + advice but this has literally been a lifelong problem for me and I have tried just about everything from pills to routines to exercise to habits and nothing really seems to work so I just keep myself occupied until sleep comes to find me.

The sandman? My mortal enemy.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    42/0
    Mentioned
    180 times
    Time Online
    53d 8h 50m
    Avg. Time Online
    18m
    Quote Originally Posted by Sci_Girl View Post
    I am going to say your work buddy did not go that long without sleep. He would very likely be dead if he went legit 14 days without sleep. Not having a good night's sleep in 14 days is very possible however. Thats kinda what I run on. Half-ass sleeping for 3-4 hours a night (which many people will say "I never slept") then a week or two later I am exhausted enough go sleep a full 8 hours. It is a glorious feeling when it happens.

But 14 days or so straight with zero sleep would be a world record and a saught after study item.

@(you need an account to see links) I too have trouble sleeping not to the level of needing meds, not that I have not thought about it, but have you tried simple things like freshly washed bedsheets or taking a nice warm bath with calming/soothing aromas? I don't believe in all that holistic essential oils on the body bs but sometimes just being comfy is the hardest part of falling asleep. So I use the fabric softener more than I would and I use a bubble bath called Dr. Teals Lavender Soothe and Sleep, and Dr. Teals Lavender Epsom Salts. Took me awhile to find a brand and scent that works but for me that ended up being the combo I needed to at least be able to get more than ~2 hours a night. I still have issues sleeping but my times have doubled since using the bath products. Maybe search around for something like that which can help put your body into that restful state.
    I had a friend that stayed up for 12 days straight. No sleep. No napping.

She then slept for 30+ hours, only getting up to use the bathroom.

Thank you Hellraid <3