DL/UL
    37/0
    Mentioned
    376 times
    Time Online
    58d 2h 18m
    Avg. Time Online
    22m
    I don't see a reason not to. If I can help someone else after I'm gone, harvest away!

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    26/0
    Mentioned
    23 times
    Time Online
    5d 17h 56m
    Avg. Time Online
    1m
    I would, but they don't want mine. IDK why they are so strict and picky, like the receiver cares I have irrelevant health issues.
    The hippos are on the hunt tonight
    Can you hear them howling in the distance?

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    34/0
    Mentioned
    315 times
    Time Online
    49d 2h 15m
    Avg. Time Online
    16m
    Quote Originally Posted by neoplux View Post
    I would, but they don't want mine. IDK why they are so strict and picky, like the receiver cares I have irrelevant health issues.
    To be fair any recipient would prefer to have healthy organs transplanted. It is all a case-by-case basis though. Individuals with HIV and recent cancer are exluded as donors. However there is more than just organs that can be donated, and someone with a certain condition may not be able to give their heart but their liver may be healthy to give. It always varies. For example if a person is not eligible for donating their pancreas due to Type 1 Diabetes they may still be eligible to give tendons or skin grafts amongst other things. It's up to the Doctors though. HIV patients can even donate to other HIV patients, but not to non-infected individuals. Even smokers lungs can be donated as a transplant, given the recipient takes well to it and they are a non-smoker they can make the lungs healthy again. There are still a lot of options even when people believe they could not be a donor.

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 time
    Time Online
    10h 23m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    Yes I would. I would like to donate my organs so I could help save other people's lives. That's a really nice thing to do. That's what Jesus would do

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    16/0
    Mentioned
    3 times
    Time Online
    20h 4m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    Yes of course. I am a healthy individual without any hereditary or genetic disorders (thus far at least), hence there is no good reason why I should choose not to donate my organs if something were to happen to me. I am already registered where I live.

Besides, if you're dead you won't have to worry about the 'icky' factor.

The question is if religion should prevent an individual from donating organs, or having surgical procedures, etc.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    2/0
    Mentioned
    120 times
    Time Online
    42d 21h 50m
    Avg. Time Online
    15m
    I'm an organ donor on my license, but I plan to reverse my decision on my next renewal/or when I transfer my license to another state.

I've just grown uncomfortable with the idea. I'm really not sure why, it's just something that disturbs enough that I no longer want to participate. Probably doesn't make a whole lot of sense.

Pronouns
    he/they/she
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    8/0
    Mentioned
    59 times
    Time Online
    30d 11h 46m
    Avg. Time Online
    13m
    Yeah, I guess, although, the idea does irk me a bit.... I am a bit of a chicken when it comes to any sort of surgery or anything, and I've avoided fixing my TMJ or looking at my bad knee because I am afraid of going under the knife or getting a pin in my body, and, I know, you only donate when you're dead, but yet.... IDK, I mean, I guess that, after seeing my mother's gallbladder surgery and c-section mess and the whole after surgery issues, I am sort of really like, wary of people cutting into my body....

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    29/0
    Mentioned
    101 times
    Time Online
    28d 2h 56m
    Avg. Time Online
    13m
    Yes, I'm a donor. If I can't use them anymore, why shouldn't another good person use them?

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    169/0
    Mentioned
    273 times
    Time Online
    56d 5h 29m
    Avg. Time Online
    19m
    After watching Angel Beats (spoiler alert) it made me cry and encouraged me to sign up for this. So yes, I would.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    27/0
    Mentioned
    242 times
    Time Online
    123d 34m
    Avg. Time Online
    49m
    I was just talking with my girlfriend about this yesterday. I'm not a registered donor and she is. She told me they sew you back up nicely so that you are presentable at a wake/funeral which I wasn't sure how well that was done. But it is something I am considering reversing since it's not as bad as I had imagined it.