3/0
    Mentioned
    186 times
    Time Online
    6d 1h 22m
    Avg. Time Online
    2m
    Quote Originally Posted by Raj View Post
    I can't be bothered to watch 2 hours worth of a trial to find one detail. Can you tell me what time they talk about it?
    And I can't be bothered to debate someone who is uninformed.
    You talk about this "injustice" when you actually do not know facts.
    hey let's neopets together ntmy

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    31/0
    Mentioned
    68 times
    Time Online
    34d 6h 55m
    Avg. Time Online
    11m
    This trial does not deserve NEAR the attention it has received.

As has been mentioned before, this was a simple self-defense case. Sometimes life isn't black and white, this is one of those cases. It's not right that someone is dead, it's not right that Zimmerman ignored the dispatcher and pursued Trayvon, but this happens DAILY. The only reason this is news is because it isn't news, and that means that the media has spent millions of dollars worth of airtime covering a non event, so this story continues to go on, now they're talking about riots, etc to keep the ball rolling. More airtime on this = more money.

This is just what happens when you have national media that is starving for ratings and credibility. How many actual murders have occurred since this case happened? What about the suicide rates of veterans, and the other thousands of real issues this country has that no one knows about If you remove yourself from all knowledge of this event and compare it to other murder trials, this one seems absurd. So why is everyone still talking about it? The media - constantly grasping at straws and issuing BREAKING NEWS because that's what their brand is. It's sad that someones dead and it could've been avoided, but that's life. Sometimes people forget we don't live in a perfect world, some things happen that we can't explain. Spending 6 months reading more into this story won't do anything but result in a prosecution by the media, which is what we have, and is a terrifying thing.

3. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to munsterpoo For This Useful Post:

Allegra (07-14-2013),Colby (08-02-2013),I_royalty_I (07-15-2013),Raj (07-14-2013),Scaletta01 (07-14-2013),SmileYaDead (07-15-2013),Smookie (07-14-2013)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    68/0
    Mentioned
    1,177 times
    Time Online
    96d 22h 1m
    Avg. Time Online
    33m
    Quote Originally Posted by Smookie View Post
    And I can't be bothered to debate someone who is uninformed.
    You talk about this "injustice" when you actually do not know facts.
    I'm not gonna lie, I don't know all the facts and I've been basing my arguments on the articles I read and what I've heard on the news and what other people on this thread have said. No one except you believes that Martin was vigorously bashing Zimmerman's head into the concrete for 45 seconds. Any logical person will tell you that if that were the case, then Zimmerman would have come out with far more injuries than that, or maybe he might not have come out at all. And am I representing Martin as an angel? No, I am not. Are you attempting to represent Zimmerman as one? Yes, you are. Am I saying there was an injustice against Martin? No, he did something wrong, which I acknowledge. But Zimmerman did wrong things too, whether it be self-defense or not. He still killed someone who is not an adult. Let me repeat that - he KILLED someone. I don't believe Martin was innocent; because he wasn't, by any means. But you shouldn't try to make Zimmerman out to be acting fully in self-defense. Malicious intent is everywhere, especially after (you need an account to see links). I don't believe Zimmerman is this innocent, fully helpless grown man you are portraying him to be.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    31/0
    Mentioned
    199 times
    Time Online
    129d 12h N/A
    Avg. Time Online
    44m
    Quote Originally Posted by munsterpoo View Post

As has been mentioned before, this was a simple self-defense case. Sometimes life isn't black and white, this is one of those cases. It's not right that someone is dead, it's not right that Zimmerman ignored the dispatcher and pursued Trayvon, but this happens DAILY. The only reason this is news is because it isn't news, and that means that the media has spent millions of dollars worth of airtime covering a non event, so this story continues to go on, now they're talking about riots, etc to keep the ball rolling. More airtime on this = more money.

This is just what happens when you have national media that is starving for ratings and credibility. How many actual murders have occurred since this case happened? What about the suicide rates of veterans, and the other thousands of real issues this country has that no one knows about If you remove yourself from all knowledge of this event and compare it to other murder trials, this one seems absurd. So why is everyone still talking about it? The media - constantly grasping at straws and issuing BREAKING NEWS because that's what their brand is. It's sad that someones dead and it could've been avoided, but that's life. Sometimes people forget we don't live in a perfect world, some things happen that we can't explain. Spending 6 months reading more into this story won't do anything but result in a prosecution by the media, which is what we have, and is a terrifying thing.
    That was really well said. Absolutely agree.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    22/0
    Mentioned
    9 times
    Time Online
    2d 14h 12m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    Quote Originally Posted by munsterpoo View Post

Pretty much the most intelligent bit of writing I've read in this thread.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    31/0
    Mentioned
    68 times
    Time Online
    34d 6h 55m
    Avg. Time Online
    11m
    @(you need an account to see links)a01 @(you need an account to see links)

Thanks for the rep and words guys - almost didn't post anything because I'm so tired of hearing about it.

If you're interested this is worth reading relevant to the whole news reporting side of this

(you need an account to see links)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    3/0
    Mentioned
    186 times
    Time Online
    6d 1h 22m
    Avg. Time Online
    2m
    I'm not gonna lie, I don't know all the facts and I've been basing my arguments on the articles I read and what I've heard on the news and what other people on this thread have said. No one except you believes that Martin was vigorously bashing Zimmerman's head into the concrete for 45 seconds. Any logical person will tell you that if that were the case, then Zimmerman would have come out with far more injuries than that, or maybe he might not have come out at all. And am I representing Martin as an angel? No, I am not. Are you attempting to represent Zimmerman as one? Yes, you are. Am I saying there was an injustice against Martin? No, he did something wrong, which I acknowledge. But Zimmerman did wrong things too, whether it be self-defense or not. He still killed someone who is not an adult. Let me repeat that - he KILLED someone. I don't believe Martin was innocent; because he wasn't, by any means. But you shouldn't try to make Zimmerman out to be acting fully in self-defense. Malicious intent is everywhere, especially after (you need an account to see links). I don't believe Zimmerman is this innocent, fully helpless grown man you are portraying him to be.
    So, killing someone is never justified?

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    68/0
    Mentioned
    1,177 times
    Time Online
    96d 22h 1m
    Avg. Time Online
    33m
    Quote Originally Posted by Smookie View Post
    So, killing someone is never justified?
    It can be. But not in this case.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    22/0
    Mentioned
    9 times
    Time Online
    2d 14h 12m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    People react differently.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    3/0
    Mentioned
    186 times
    Time Online
    6d 1h 22m
    Avg. Time Online
    2m
    Why?
    How is getting your head bashed into concrete again and again okay?
    He screamed the word helped 14 times..