10/0
    Mentioned
    20 times
    Time Online
    2d 21h 39m
    Avg. Time Online
    1m
    Quote Originally Posted by SCf3 View Post
    @(you need an account to see links) fuck off pls. you've literally been here for not even a month. do less. as in don't be a dick to @(you need an account to see links).
    See if you had answered like Cript did everything would be fine. Good to see some people are pieces of crap no matter where they go though :*

---------- Post added at 02:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:30 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Cript View Post
    If the transactions got to the server quickly enough, whatever tiny bit of sanity checking it was doing on the first POST wasn't completed by the time it saw the second one. It's so incredibly preventable that it's sad. They've been having people put things into shops for 15 years now and somehow still don't have it figured out?

Edit: I just remembered something. Neopets, unlike most sites, uses HTTP 1.0 instead of HTTP 1.1. That means a separate TCP connection for every HTTP Request. With that in mind, their piece of shit site couldn't have simply discarded the second transaction for having duplicate SEQ data because the previous TCP connection would have already been torn down. They'd have to rely on other logic, like not having a freakin user be able to create new objects in their database.
    Beautiful explanation, thanks

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    75/0
    Mentioned
    822 times
    Time Online
    111d 11h 4m
    Avg. Time Online
    40m
    @(you need an account to see links)
    your not helping either with responses like that. understand you may be upset or offended. but lets not fuel the fire.

BTW welcome to the forum!

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    10/0
    Mentioned
    20 times
    Time Online
    2d 21h 39m
    Avg. Time Online
    1m
    Quote Originally Posted by |2eap View Post
    @(you need an account to see links)
    your not helping either with responses like that. understand you may be upset or offended. but lets not fuel the fire.

BTW welcome to the forum!
    I thought the point of being an older user was to be welcoming to newer users, but apparently some users missed that memo, even when my question had nothing to do with performing the actual exploit. But thank you

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to visionarix For This Useful Post:

Forever (10-03-2014),Katnip (10-03-2014),Tablo (10-03-2014)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    103/4
    Mentioned
    640 times
    Time Online
    15d 12h 13m
    Avg. Time Online
    5m
    Quote Originally Posted by visionarix View Post
    I thought the point of being an older user was to be welcoming to newer users, but apparently some users missed that memo, even when my question had nothing to do with performing the actual exploit. But thank you
    As an older user ( way older than those of you claiming to be "old") I am disappointed at your lack of welcoming. I fully agree with @(you need an account to see links), you guys are being rude for no reason.

6. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Ryan~ For This Useful Post:

Forever (10-03-2014),Katnip (10-03-2014),Nexus (10-03-2014),visionarix (10-03-2014),zxzero (10-03-2014)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    2/0
    Mentioned
    37 times
    Time Online
    15d 2h 15m
    Avg. Time Online
    5m
    A lot of the people that are being rude are sellers that are butt hurt over the fact that everyone is able to dupe and "cheat" and get free items. Now these people cannot sell these pixels for an overpriced amount and make a couple easy bucks. They are greedy, capitalists that initially attempted to circumvent the majority of the Neopets population through programs/cheats/bugs for monetary purposes or to get a lead in the game. But now are crying over the fact that everyone is doing it. So to prevent this, they are trying to keep the exploit in the hands of the few so they can dupe and secure hundreds of items and then sell these duped items for money once the whole fiasco is over...

Pretty sad really, they act like their livelihood is on the line...

Anyways, Welcome to Clraik
    Last edited by BGH; 10-03-2014 at 07:41 PM.

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to BGH For This Useful Post:

Aura (10-03-2014),Nexus (10-03-2014),visionarix (10-03-2014)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    3/0
    Mentioned
    27 times
    Time Online
    13d 7h 34m
    Avg. Time Online
    4m
    Quote Originally Posted by SCf3 View Post
    @(you need an account to see links) fuck off pls. you've literally been here for not even a month. do less. as in don't be a dick to @(you need an account to see links).
    pretty sure Miri was a dick to him first.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Nexus For This Useful Post:

Ryan~ (10-04-2014),visionarix (10-03-2014)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    10/0
    Mentioned
    20 times
    Time Online
    2d 21h 39m
    Avg. Time Online
    1m
    Quote Originally Posted by BGH View Post
    A lot of the people that are being rude are sellers that are butt hurt over the fact that everyone is able to dupe and "cheat" and get free items. Now these people cannot sell these pixels for an overpriced amount and make a couple easy bucks. They are greedy, capitalists that initially attempted to circumvent the majority of the Neopets population through programs/cheats/bugs for monetary purposes or to get a lead in the game. But now are crying over the fact that everyone is doing it. So to prevent this, they are trying to keep the exploit in the hands of the few so they can dupe and secure hundreds of items and then sell these duped items for money once the whole fiasco is over...

Thanks This would make sense, actually, but since I already knew how to exploit the now-patched glitch (shops/galleries), I wanted to know how it worked from a technical standpoint. But I guess some people just don't get far in life, so they actually need this source of income Kinda sad, really.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to visionarix For This Useful Post:

Ryan~ (10-04-2014)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    30/0
    Mentioned
    1,998 times
    Time Online
    437d 22h 14m
    Avg. Time Online
    2h 29m
    Everyone is usually pretty welcoming, but everyone is also on edge with everyone coming around asking for this or that. You may just be asking the mechanics of how it works, but youre still just a newbie who came here looking for information. Pretty close to what other people have been doing, only they were asking for a different piece of information. So calm yourself down a notch or two.

---------- Post added at 09:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:00 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by BGH View Post

You sound a bit more upset than the greedy capitalists that you are raging about.
    Obviously people tried to keep things quiet, why wouldn't they? Why tell everyone and their mother how to dupe things, thus, pushing values of things to rock bottom? There's a reason why the top people are at the top, and it's not because they sit around and complain that things aren't handed to them on a silver platter, it's because they spend the time, money and effort that it takes to get to the top. Personally, I don't really care that people know, because I've been hoping it got patched up and reversed for awhile now.

Not welcome to clraik, welcome to the world. Where things aren't fair and you have to work for what you want. That should be the message.
    What's my definition of success?
    Creating something no one else can
    Being brave enough to dream big
    Grindin' when you're told to just quit
    Giving more when you got nothin' left

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to I_royalty_I For This Useful Post:

Absinthe (10-03-2014),Ghosts (10-06-2014),Scottt (10-03-2014)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    16/0
    Mentioned
    220 times
    Time Online
    38d 18h 14m
    Avg. Time Online
    15m
    Quote Originally Posted by Miri View Post
    Been here longer than you sweetie, you can't tell me anything. Bye
    Not sure where you get off being this rude to somebody you dont know.
    Just because you've been here a long time doesn't mean you get to shit on people for no reason for curiosity. Anybody who wants to know the glitch can know it, this guy is asking a genuine question.
    @(you need an account to see links) is correct, and if you say you arent like that, you are lying, because I was like that, everybody who made money of this game is like that.
    Last edited by Tablo; 10-03-2014 at 08:43 PM.

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Tablo For This Useful Post:

Ryan~ (10-04-2014),visionarix (10-03-2014)