2/0
    Mentioned
    10 times
    Time Online
    4d 2h 57m
    Avg. Time Online
    1m

Best reflector

Hey. If you were to you use a reflector in L97 or just high level Battledoming, which one would be the best to use?
    Is it always just Klens? Or is there anything to Clawed Shield, UBOGJ and Triple turbo dryer?

Which one do you think is the best?

Pronouns
    He / Him
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    16/0
    Mentioned
    232 times
    Time Online
    65d 14h 33m
    Avg. Time Online
    22m
    I'm out of neo so long there's now a L97

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    19/0
    Mentioned
    376 times
    Time Online
    69d 4h 34m
    Avg. Time Online
    23m
    King Lens is good because it reflects 3 different icons. My personal favorite is UDS cause I occasionally faced peas & istaff. Clawed shield is another good one cause there are only a few ways to deal with fire
    Free JD!

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    2/0
    Mentioned
    37 times
    Time Online
    15d 2h 15m
    Avg. Time Online
    5m
    UDS is the best for high tier play. By high tier, I mean pea level. At that level most opponents have some real strong earth combos whether it may be SuAP or I-Staff or FSS or GoW etc. Klens is not as good at it seems. At a glance you might think its really good, 50% for 3 icons. But if you actually break it down and analyze it, its not that good. For instance at high level play you might not face combinations of Light/Earth, considering Snarl's Sword being the only big light item, so that light reflection is just gone to waste when most players forgo S-Sword and get WoDF that does a much better job at reflecting light and does dmg at the same time. So you are left with 50% Earth and 50% dark. Why have 50% Earth when you can have 75% Earth with UDS. Now for the dark, there are many good items at high level play that counter dark, such as RoDN or or I-staff or G-shield. So when you reflect dmg using Klens you are not doing enough damage back at the opponent as you are only reflecting much of the dark back and not enough of the other icons while the opponent can out damage you slightly through say 75% light/earth reflect from WoDF/UDS combo or even just items that do not have 1 of the other icons needed in Klens, say air from G-sword or Fire from GoW.

Now for L97 its a bit different. Klens is a decent item in L97 but again not that great since most of the meta game items have earth/air/fire combo in them. So with Klens you wouldn't be blocking air and fire. You can argue that since it blocks 3 icons its able to reduce the amount of chance and prediction that's associated with the battle, but again its only 50% and on top of that most L97 don't have those 3 exact combos necessary to do a marginal blow to come on top. For instance you can take RBD that does 6 Earth and 5 air. Now someone say uses 1 RBD and 1 P-kiln (both highly used items in L97) and you use say Klens and P-Kiln you would reflect 3 Earth back from RBD but then you still need to deal with 3 Earth/5 Air/11 Fire against your 11 Fire/3 Reflected Earth. Not to mention any faerie abilities used. And this is just one very highly hypothetical play used from very favored items. Lots of Combos of these result in Klens losing out marginally. It would be best to get a Fire/Air reflector for L97 and Dual duties for other icons since its a wide array of combos that cannot be blocked by one "best" reflector nor a reflector that reflects multiple types of icons in a mediocre way.

Also apparently this was the last L97 tournament since the IDB guy who hosted got tired of BD bugs not being fixed so it really doesn't matter. Unless someone else takes his place.
    Last edited by BGH; 08-18-2014 at 02:09 AM.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BGH For This Useful Post:

cibomatto (08-19-2014),p0nch0 (08-18-2014)

Thanks
    DL/UL
    2/0
    Mentioned
    10 times
    Time Online
    4d 2h 57m
    Avg. Time Online
    1m
    Quote Originally Posted by BGH View Post
    UDS is the best for high tier play. By high tier, I mean pea level. At that level most opponents have some real strong earth combos whether it may be SuAP or I-Staff or FSS or GoW etc. Klens is not as good at it seems. At a glance you might think its really good, 50% for 3 icons. But if you actually break it down and analyze it, its not that good. For instance at high level play you might not face combinations of Light/Earth, considering Snarl's Sword being the only big light item, so that light reflection is just gone to waste when most players forgo S-Sword and get WoDF that does a much better job at reflecting light and does dmg at the same time. So you are left with 50% Earth and 50% dark. Why have 50% Earth when you can have 75% Earth with UDS. Now for the dark, there are many good items at high level play that counter dark, such as RoDN or or I-staff or G-shield. So when you reflect dmg using Klens you are not doing enough damage back at the opponent as you are only reflecting much of the dark back and not enough of the other icons while the opponent can out damage you slightly through say 75% light/earth reflect from WoDF/UDS combo or even just items that do not have 1 of the other icons needed in Klens, say air from G-sword or Fire from GoW.

Now for L97 its a bit different. Klens is a decent item in L97 but again not that great since most of the meta game items have earth/air/fire combo in them. So with Klens you wouldn't be blocking air and fire. You can argue that since it blocks 3 icons its able to reduce the amount of chance and prediction that's associated with the battle, but again its only 50% and on top of that most L97 don't have those 3 exact combos necessary to do a marginal blow to come on top. For instance you can take RBD that does 6 Earth and 5 air. Now someone say uses 1 RBD and 1 P-kiln (both highly used items in L97) and you use say Klens and P-Kiln you would reflect 3 Earth back from RBD but then you still need to deal with 3 Earth/5 Air/11 Fire against your 11 Fire/3 Reflected Earth. Not to mention any faerie abilities used. And this is just one very highly hypothetical play used from very favored items. Lots of Combos of these result in Klens losing out marginally. It would be best to get a Fire/Air reflector for L97 and Dual duties for other icons since its a wide array of combos that cannot be blocked by one "best" reflector nor a reflector that reflects multiple types of icons in a mediocre way.

Also apparently this was the last L97 tournament since the IDB guy who hosted got tired of BD bugs not being fixed so it really doesn't matter. Unless someone else takes his place.
    Great explanation! I'll take it into consideration.

Whats that about the IDB guy not hosting tournaments? I've been out of the game for a while.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    2/0
    Mentioned
    37 times
    Time Online
    15d 2h 15m
    Avg. Time Online
    5m
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarah :i View Post
    Great explanation! I'll take it into consideration.

Whats that about the IDB guy not hosting tournaments? I've been out of the game for a while.
    The iDB person "Penguinqwert" who hosted the L97 events said he no longer wishes do so because of so many bugs in the battle dome and TNT not fixing them for so long (over 2 years apparently), for instance the challenge bug that causes you to be bugged and not be able to challenge other people making it so you cannot participate in 2 player battles, practically making 2p useless. Thus he is fed up and no longer doing them.

Although I read on the boards another iDB member said he will do them, so I guess its not that bad, but people are dropping like flies, so the state of the BD is pretty bad and TNT said they will not focus on the BD atm.
    Last edited by BGH; 08-18-2014 at 10:03 AM.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    13/0
    Mentioned
    416 times
    Time Online
    50d 2h 28m
    Avg. Time Online
    17m
    oh god your explanation @(you need an account to see links) could top anything i could ever say.

Thanks
    DL/UL
    2/0
    Mentioned
    10 times
    Time Online
    4d 2h 57m
    Avg. Time Online
    1m
    The iDB person "Penguinqwert" who hosted the L97 events said he no longer wishes do so because of so many bugs in the battle dome and TNT not fixing them for so long (over 2 years apparently), for instance the challenge bug that causes you to be bugged and not be able to challenge other people making it so you cannot participate in 2 player battles, practically making 2p useless. Thus he is fed up and no longer doing them.

Although I read on the boards another iDB member said he will do them, so I guess its not that bad, but people are dropping like flies, so the state of the BD is pretty bad and TNT said they will not focus on the BD atm.
    Yea it does seem like someone else is willing to host it. There's also being introduced a new league "fyora", with the L97 design, just higher health and better weapons.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    2/0
    Mentioned
    37 times
    Time Online
    15d 2h 15m
    Avg. Time Online
    5m
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarah :i View Post
    Yea it does seem like someone else is willing to host it. There's also being introduced a new league "fyora", with the L97 design, just higher health and better weapons.
    The guy who will host the next L97 also hosts Fyora League. I'm training my pet for Fyora League, it sounds much more fun than L97 as you can use some big shiny items. L97 is kinda no fun when you can't use all your cool items. They just lay around and rot. There's also a 1000 HSD tournament, I forget the details of that tournament but my pet isn't trained for that, however I would try that one as well once I am. With the bugs in BD both FL and L97 have some of there rules changed and restrictions put on so it kinda sucks and not as much fun.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    19/0
    Mentioned
    376 times
    Time Online
    69d 4h 34m
    Avg. Time Online
    23m
    The guy who will host the next L97 also hosts Fyora League. I'm training my pet for Fyora League, it sounds much more fun than L97 as you can use some big shiny items. L97 is kinda no fun when you can't use all your cool items. They just lay around and rot. There's also a 1000 HSD tournament, I forget the details of that tournament but my pet isn't trained for that, however I would try that one as well once I am. With the bugs in BD both FL and L97 have some of there rules changed and restrictions put on so it kinda sucks and not as much fun.
    The BD as a whole isnt fun anymore. Once I got the challenge glitch, it lost all its appeal to me as well as neo in general
    Free JD!