DL/UL
    3/0
    Mentioned
    95 times
    Time Online
    127d 13h 57m
    Avg. Time Online
    49m
    I think gays should be allowed to marry.
    Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but interfering with other peoples' lives is sooo different from having an opinion. I really dislike those who are against gay marriage and actively seek to bar the gays from marrying, I mean, who are you to butt yourself into another person's life and tell them what they can and cannot do, when they themselves are not inflicting any harm on you?

I will admit this though -- people who carry such strong prejudice against gays (or anything, really) ARE harmed, because in being prejudice, your autonomic nervous system kicks in and your blood vessels constrict and your body starts taking apart your muscle in an attempt to get more energy ready for the "fight or flight" reaction. This ultimately can lead to early disease (such as heart disease; heart is a muscle, and if this prejudice is eating away at your heart muscle, then yeah, it's not a good thing).

But this is NOT the fault of any gay individual* -- it is your own fault for carrying such prejudice. But this prejudice can dissipate over time, with regular exposure to positive, good experiences with gay individuals.

* There are people who have similar reactions to individuals of color. (You can call them racist, but really, we all sit on a continuum of racism, and we simply fall at different points on the scale, and maybe those individuals sit at the far end of the scale.) And would you say that it is the individual of color's fault for existing, that this "racist" individual ends up being harmed by their presence? Absolutely not! It's simply the "racist" individual's fault (well, maybe not, because our world views and our understanding of the metaphysics of the world are in large part based on nurture) for being so prejudiced, and it's in their best interest to become less prejudiced over time.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    37/0
    Mentioned
    376 times
    Time Online
    58d 2h 18m
    Avg. Time Online
    22m
    Quote Originally Posted by miviresefo View Post
    I think gays should be allowed to marry.
    Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but interfering with other peoples' lives is sooo different from having an opinion. I really dislike those who are against gay marriage and actively seek to bar the gays from marrying, I mean, who are you to butt yourself into another person's life and tell them what they can and cannot do, when they themselves are not inflicting any harm on you?

I will admit this though -- people who carry such strong prejudice against gays (or anything, really) ARE harmed, because in being prejudice, your autonomic nervous system kicks in and your blood vessels constrict and your body starts taking apart your muscle in an attempt to get more energy ready for the "fight or flight" reaction. This ultimately can lead to early disease (such as heart disease; heart is a muscle, and if this prejudice is eating away at your heart muscle, then yeah, it's not a good thing).

But this is NOT the fault of any gay individual* -- it is your own fault for carrying such prejudice. But this prejudice can dissipate over time, with regular exposure to positive, good experiences with gay individuals.

* There are people who have similar reactions to individuals of color. (You can call them racist, but really, we all sit on a continuum of racism, and we simply fall at different points on the scale, and maybe those individuals sit at the far end of the scale.) And would you say that it is the individual of color's fault for existing, that this "racist" individual ends up being harmed by their presence? Absolutely not! It's simply the "racist" individual's fault (well, maybe not, because our world views and our understanding of the metaphysics of the world are in large part based on nurture) for being so prejudiced, and it's in their best interest to become less prejudiced over time.
    butt yourself into another person's life

Ok done joking. In all seriousness, you make very valid points. I agree with you 100%

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    11 times
    Time Online
    1d 14h 32m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    I believe in gay marriage.
    I mean honestly, what's the harm? I fully believe in people doing whatever the hell they want as long as it doesn't do bodily harm to someone else.
    I don't think anyone has a right to dictate how another should live theirs. (Again, as long as it doesn't harm people)
    Religion wise (if they're in the US) not everyone is Christian/Catholic so we really shouldn't just abide by what they feel is wrong or right. Hell this country was founded so we could all live the way we want yet years later we're still debating whether we should let certain people get married. Damn.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Rissa For This Useful Post:

BEDDOEDv (03-14-2014),Cheese (05-05-2014)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    37/0
    Mentioned
    376 times
    Time Online
    58d 2h 18m
    Avg. Time Online
    22m

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    46/0
    Mentioned
    9 times
    Time Online
    4d 17h 24m
    Avg. Time Online
    1m
    Just saw this thread.
    This debate hits very close to home for me as I have many friends who are members of the LGBT community. I see them struggle on a daily basis and would fight someone who infringed on their rights to the end of the earth.
    When it comes down to it, a recent picture circulating on facebook sums up my feelings on this and many other similar equality matters:

(you need an account to see links)

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to EdenQueen For This Useful Post:

jmg (06-12-2014),simmie (06-12-2014)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    24/0
    Mentioned
    2 times
    Time Online
    8d 14h 58m
    Avg. Time Online
    3m
    For. Two consenting adults should be able to do whatever they want to do, regardless of their gender.

Pronouns
    Any
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    170/0
    Mentioned
    23 times
    Time Online
    8d 22h 5m
    Avg. Time Online
    3m
    I vote for gay zoophile marriage. I wish I can marry my cats you know...

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    1/0
    Mentioned
    23 times
    Time Online
    10d 20h 27m
    Avg. Time Online
    4m
    All for gay marriage. For starters, I don't give a shit what the next person does as long as it's not potentially harming my children or I, now or in the future...and frankly, gay marriage is such a positive for society. Besides the fact that America has separation of church and state (except for in this case, of course, which just shows how absolutely disgusting ALL politicians are) and this shouldn't be an issue legally, at alllllll....there are actually several positive outcomes from widespread gay marriage which is held equal to regular marriage (?) I don't even know how to word it because I don't consider gay marriage abnormal, you get the idea though right?...anyways....one of the biggest arguments against gay marriage is about the children and how it effects them. It's honestly the most pseudoscience bullshit ever...here's a decent debate, if you have the time, Gallagher really show how STUPID anti-gay marriage beliefs are...even though she didn't mean to.

This isn't the exact debate I wanted to show you but I can find it and I'm annoyed. I'm sure the content is fairly similar anyways....
    "but I ain't got time for time...dancing in the shadows of the shadows, no time to shine..."

11. The Following User Says Thank You to rosieb For This Useful Post:

Cheese (05-05-2014)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    2/0
    Mentioned
    1 time
    Time Online
    15h 46m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    Quote Originally Posted by katix View Post
    I think that essentially all humans are bisexual and in the future it will be a norm. Its already seen in many animal species.
    Quote Originally Posted by CharlieG View Post
    I think I kind of agree with this but too many people are afraid to explore. I haven't ever been attracted to another female personally but I think love is love with a person, not a gender.
    i, personally, agree with this idea. people fall in love with a person, not a gender.
    anyone who denies themselves the opportunity to make a once in a lifetime connection with someone just because they have or lack a specific body part might seriously be missing out.

and to answer the original question, i wholeheartedly support marriage between same-sex partners. equality for all. it's basic.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    9/0
    Mentioned
    124 times
    Time Online
    24d 12h 40m
    Avg. Time Online
    9m
    I approve. People love who they love, you can try to tell them that it's "wrong" all you want, but in the end it's exactly that and you can't take it away from them.