DL/UL
    1/0
    Mentioned
    11 times
    Time Online
    1d 10h 12m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    I think that would work well, thank you.
    Sorry for all the trouble ^^;
    Last edited by pillowpuff14; 07-19-2014 at 12:43 PM.

Pronouns
    any :)
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    1/0
    Mentioned
    105 times
    Time Online
    21d 20h 15m
    Avg. Time Online
    8m
    hey, here's some advice from a fellow artist! c: i don't know if you enter the BC or AG regularly, but if you do, it would be in both your best interest and your customer's interest to not allow art you sell to be entered in those competitions or the NT-- people would probably report them for art theft even if you made it for them! then you both look suspicious and that's just not good at all.

also, if you do post your art on neopets at all, i HIGHLY recommend not posting example here and asking people to PM you for them instead. even if you post commissioned examples here instead of art of your own neopets, style can be recognized, and even though selling art here doesn't mean you're a huge cheater (you just found a way to bypass neo's no commission rules) people seem to think that's what it means. TNT does sometimes look at art of certain users out of curiosity and they do lurk here, it's just not a good idea. you do not want to give anyone, regardless of whether they are TNT or not, a way to figure out who you are on neopets.

3. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Q*bert For This Useful Post:

Frump (07-21-2014),pillowpuff14 (07-19-2014),simmie (07-19-2014)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    3/0
    Mentioned
    23 times
    Time Online
    13d 3h 57m
    Avg. Time Online
    5m
    @(you need an account to see links) @(you need an account to see links)

This info has been wildly helpful thank you so much. Just thought I should let you guys know this haha. n_n

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kayla For This Useful Post:

Q*bert (07-19-2014),simmie (07-19-2014)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    1/0
    Mentioned
    11 times
    Time Online
    1d 10h 12m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    Quote Originally Posted by qbert View Post
    hey, here's some advice from a fellow artist! c: i don't know if you enter the BC or AG regularly, but if you do, it would be in both your best interest and your customer's interest to not allow art you sell to be entered in those competitions or the NT-- people would probably report them for art theft even if you made it for them! then you both look suspicious and that's just not good at all.

also, if you do post your art on neopets at all, i HIGHLY recommend not posting example here and asking people to PM you for them instead. even if you post commissioned examples here instead of art of your own neopets, style can be recognized, and even though selling art here doesn't mean you're a huge cheater (you just found a way to bypass neo's no commission rules) people seem to think that's what it means. TNT does sometimes look at art of certain users out of curiosity and they do lurk here, it's just not a good idea. you do not want to give anyone, regardless of whether they are TNT or not, a way to figure out who you are on neopets.
    Ahh alrighty! Thank you for the advice!
    I actually entered the bc recently orz

Thank you for the helpful post!

Pronouns
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    1/0
    Mentioned
    105 times
    Time Online
    21d 20h 15m
    Avg. Time Online
    8m
    Quote Originally Posted by pillowpuff14 View Post
    Ahh alrighty! Thank you for the advice!
    I actually entered the bc recently orz

Thank you for the helpful post!
    no problem!!! its alright to enter the BC and do art commissions here, just dont let your customers use your art in the BC, it could compromise their account and maybe yours too.

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    19 times
    Time Online
    8d 7h 17m
    Avg. Time Online
    2m
    Actually, I've had success in selling BC entries, and I still enter the BC. Try to imitate someone else's style when you do something for someone else. Unless, of course, you're just doing a sketch for them to finish themselves. Then you can do whatever. c: Basically, look at your art - what identifies you? The way you draw your eyes? The particular way you shade? Is your hair really unique? Do you draw feet a certain way that others don't? Take what you think is "unique" about your art and try to switch it up a bit.

Pronouns
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    1/0
    Mentioned
    105 times
    Time Online
    21d 20h 15m
    Avg. Time Online
    8m
    Quote Originally Posted by Isto View Post
    Actually, I've had success in selling BC entries, and I still enter the BC. Try to imitate someone else's style when you do something for someone else. Unless, of course, you're just doing a sketch for them to finish themselves. Then you can do whatever. c: Basically, look at your art - what identifies you? The way you draw your eyes? The particular way you shade? Is your hair really unique? Do you draw feet a certain way that others don't? Take what you think is "unique" about your art and try to switch it up a bit.
    hm yes that is true! i think i am too set in certain ways to try this but it is a valid method.

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    19 times
    Time Online
    8d 7h 17m
    Avg. Time Online
    2m
    Quote Originally Posted by qbert View Post
    hm yes that is true! i think i am too set in certain ways to try this but it is a valid method.
    And that is completely understandable! xD It's just the best way to protect yourself and the customers.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    1/0
    Mentioned
    11 times
    Time Online
    1d 10h 12m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    Quote Originally Posted by Isto View Post
    Hm, im not too sure what makes my art unique, but I'll be swapping up my style a bit to be sure.

Thanks for the advice, to the both of you!

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    19 times
    Time Online
    8d 7h 17m
    Avg. Time Online
    2m
    Quote Originally Posted by pillowpuff14 View Post
    Hm, im not too sure what makes my art unique, but I'll be swapping up my style a bit to be sure.

Thanks for the advice, to the both of you!
    If you want to pm me some examples, I could probably help you figure out some identifying features you could change? c: