DL/UL
    6/0
    Mentioned
    182 times
    Time Online
    97d 3h 43m
    Avg. Time Online
    39m
    I nearly lost my side account that I had for ages, Thankfully i wrote down all my emails and the passwords to them

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    3/0
    Mentioned
    248 times
    Time Online
    58d 6h 40m
    Avg. Time Online
    22m
    I didn't lose any of my personal stuff. I suggest people make sure their accounts have working and accessible emails. It would have been nearly impossible for TNT to reset EVERY inactive during the initial wave, so who knows if they plan on doing another set in the future. Better safe than sorry.

I love Jess

3. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Roslyn For This Useful Post:

Aura (05-09-2016),Herb (05-12-2016),Jericho (05-10-2016)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    17/0
    Mentioned
    27 times
    Time Online
    5d 21h 15m
    Avg. Time Online
    2m
    Hey guys. Haven't been on in a while, was browsing through interesting threads and this caught my eye. So whats the jist what all came from this? Inflation in value of items both in USD and NP on-site?

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    5/0
    Mentioned
    6 times
    Time Online
    1d 16h 17m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    Quote Originally Posted by VnD View Post
    Hey guys. Haven't been on in a while, was browsing through interesting threads and this caught my eye. So whats the jist what all came from this? Inflation in value of items both in USD and NP on-site?
    Prices will probably slightly increase in the next few weeks, a lot of big guys have lost stock.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    27/0
    Mentioned
    28 times
    Time Online
    22d 41m
    Avg. Time Online
    10m
    Looks like JS is starting to send out emails about changing your password.
    I received this email shortly after midnight today:

Subject: Neopets.com Password Update Required

On the evening of May 3, 2016, a reporter informed us that an unidentified hacker claims to have obtained illegal access to account information from Neopets.com. The reporter shared information received from the hacker about 100,000 Neopets.com accounts. The information provided by the hacker included name, email address, username, password, date of birth, gender and IP address but not all information was provided for all of the 100,000 accounts. Credit card information was not part of the illegally accessed information. Neopets determined that the information provided by the hacker predates 2013.

For your protection, we are requiring a password reset for all Neopet accounts that have not changed their passwords since 2012 and suggest that those who do not regularly change their passwords also update/change their passwords. Please visit your Neopets.com account and follow the instructions to create your new password. We also recommend that you consider changing your password for any other account for which you use the same or similar password. Please exercise caution if you receive any email or telephone call requesting your personal information or directing you to a website to provide personal information. Neopets.com does not and will not ask you for personal or account information through email.

We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience the password reset process may cause. We will provide updates if and when we learn more from or about the hacker. In the meantime, please email us at (you need an account to see links) if you have questions.

Sincerely,

Neopets
    Lol, did they really just say they're hoping to hear from the hacker?

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    32/0
    Mentioned
    87 times
    Time Online
    42d 17h 6m
    Avg. Time Online
    14m
    Quote Originally Posted by Semtex View Post
    Looks like JS is starting to send out emails about changing your password.
    I received this email shortly after midnight today:

Lol, did they really just say they're hoping to hear from the hacker?
    That is f'ing hilarious tbh... only on neopets.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    30/0
    Mentioned
    1,998 times
    Time Online
    437d 22h 14m
    Avg. Time Online
    2h 29m
    Im pretty sure they only reset the passwords that hadn't been changed since 2012. That leaves quite a lot of accounts though, pretty huge part of my stock tbh lol.

Only a matter of time before they realize how vital the illegit side of this game is to normal operations. We are the guardians, they seem to be clueless. Soon there will be no new UCs and the current ones will get iced for stupid reasons. Rare items will become a thing of the past and nobody will be able to afford the prices the lucky few have set on their items. It's unfortunate that TNT decided this was the best course of action. Some people must enjoy pissing their money away though - to each their own.
    What's my definition of success?
    Creating something no one else can
    Being brave enough to dream big
    Grindin' when you're told to just quit
    Giving more when you got nothin' left

Thanks
    DL/UL
    6/0
    Mentioned
    182 times
    Time Online
    97d 3h 43m
    Avg. Time Online
    39m
    Problem is, they've changed passwords even though people have changed their passwords :L

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    84/0
    Mentioned
    142 times
    Time Online
    11d 18h 27m
    Avg. Time Online
    4m
    Anyone know what this does with unregs/accounts with no email at all? Long ago, you weren't required to sign up with an email and sometimes you still get an account without one. And then emails that have since been deleted/expired like hotmails?