19/0
    Mentioned
    143 times
    Time Online
    34d 23h 37m
    Avg. Time Online
    13m

is this a good deal?

I'm trying to get full caramel colored highlights in my hair. My hair is long, about midway down my back or longer and is really dark brown/almost black. I went to Regis hair salon today and they said it would be around $150 for the highlights, toner and cut/style if I do it today but they gave me a 20% off coupon that's valid from September 16th to November something so I'm going to be using that. Do you think I could get it done for cheaper or is that a good price?

Thanks Munna for this qt signature <3
    Thanks Air for my awesome avatar!

Queso Bandito

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    75/0
    Mentioned
    60 times
    Time Online
    20d 9h 55m
    Avg. Time Online
    7m
    Depends where you are Here in new york a decent salon will charge at least 80 for the colour, another 30 for the highlights, and another 60 or so for the cut.....so that's a pretty good deal.

Otherwise, shop around on yelp and compare for your area - see what people say. You can also get good deals off lifebooker and groupon - check those out as well
    There are no girls on the internet.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to osiyo For This Useful Post:

Cheese (09-06-2014)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    19/0
    Mentioned
    143 times
    Time Online
    34d 23h 37m
    Avg. Time Online
    13m
    Quote Originally Posted by osiyo View Post
    Depends where you are Here in new york a decent salon will charge at least 80 for the colour, another 30 for the highlights, and another 60 or so for the cut.....so that's a pretty good deal.

Otherwise, shop around on yelp and compare for your area - see what people say. You can also get good deals off lifebooker and groupon - check those out as well
    Thanks for the advice! I think I found some places that do it cheaper but they're like "cuts 4 less" and I'm not too sure it would be as good of quality. I definitely don't want to sacrifice quality to save a couple bucks!

Thanks Munna for this qt signature <3
    Thanks Air for my awesome avatar!

Queso Bandito

Pronouns
    Any
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    53/0
    Mentioned
    122 times
    Time Online
    116d 10h 26m
    Avg. Time Online
    42m
    That is an excellent deal for all of that!
    As a cosmetology student I hear of people spending an upwards of at least $100 for just highlights and another $20-40 on a simple cut.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to My name is Yoshikage Kira For This Useful Post:

Cheese (09-10-2014)

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    33 times
    Time Online
    13d 21h 4m
    Avg. Time Online
    5m
    my hair cut costs me about 70 dollars for the color and cut, but mine is much shorter (an undercut) but has three colors
    But I live in the country/middle of nowhere, and so hair cuts are always super cheap around here /shrugs

I say it's a good deal, just make sure it's how you want it when you're done, don't settle for a haircut you're unhappy with (usually they'll refund or discount if it's bad)

8. The Following User Says Thank You to MonsterMann For This Useful Post:

Cheese (09-10-2014)

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    20 times
    Time Online
    6d 7h 53m
    Avg. Time Online
    2m
    Dang, I didn't realize it was so pricey to get things done at a salon. That's why I do everything myself. Don't want anyone else touching my hair either. :C I feel like you should be able to get it cheaper, but of course there is the concern of whether or not it'd be of high quality. Like dang just come to my place I'll do it for half that lol.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to flowercrown For This Useful Post:

Cheese (09-10-2014)