Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Have you stayed friends with people you dated?

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    45/0
    Mentioned
    11 times
    Time Online
    7d 12h 43m
    Avg. Time Online
    3m

Have you stayed friends with people you dated?

No I do not stay friends with an ex. Having a title to me is different then just being fuck friends. If you develop past that point then it means both parties feel that there is something to engage in.

A friend is pretty much something both parties benefit from so they remain friends. For guys they can get all their non sexual needs from other guy friends so there is no need to keep a female around after the point they are no longer interested.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by TheBaphomet; 10-10-2015 at 06:43 PM.

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    219 times
    Time Online
    40d 7h 25m
    Avg. Time Online
    15m
    Yikes, sorry he's being a butt about the breakup, totally know how that feels.
    I've remained friends with a few, but truthfully I've never been an easy person to date.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    7/0
    Mentioned
    1 time
    Time Online
    7h 47m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    I think it also depends a bit how long youve been together, if you lived together etc. and the way you broke up. If the love isnt just there anymore you can separate as friends, but if for example someone cheated on you its impossible. Ive been with my gf for 5 years now and i dont think we will break up, but if it happens i think i would stay friends since she has been really important for me during my life. i hope youre fine, just give it some time, and maybe after you can be friends again!

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    48/0
    Mentioned
    33 times
    Time Online
    5d 16h 5m
    Avg. Time Online
    2m
    I've attempted to stay friends before and had some positive response by the other party, but it never worked out and I'm trying to stay away from it now.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    11/0
    Mentioned
    112 times
    Time Online
    28d 21h 1m
    Avg. Time Online
    10m
    i guess you could say im friends with one of them

but he's really touchy with me if we were to hangout.
    last time, we hit one and watched a movie together but he was holding my hand and called me babe even though he was engaged with his gf

well, all my relationships ended in bitterness
    Last edited by Lenars; 10-11-2015 at 08:48 AM.

open for a surprise ~

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Lenars For This Useful Post:

John_ (10-11-2015)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    81/0
    Mentioned
    80 times
    Time Online
    15d 23h 3m
    Avg. Time Online
    5m
    I'm so sorry ,that's the worst. Even if you end on good terms when they flip out and delete you from everything it feels unresolved. Like...what did I even do?? But I'm sure it's not you it's 100% him and maybe he just has a weird way of coping? Like he has to just shut everything out. Like @(you need an account to see links) said, maybe he'll come around, but even if he doesn't maybe it's better that way. If he's prone to doing something like that would you even want to stay friends? What if he did the same thing later down the line in the friendship, at least now you know he'd have a tendency to drop off the face of social media (not that its a huge comfort though I'm sure)

Breakups are hard enough and I'm sorry, it's cliche but the only thing that really helps is time and friends and just letting yourself feel bad until it doesn't feel bad anymore. I hope you feel better soon.

(also wow that was off topic, to answer your question I only stayed friends with one ex but that's because the queer community is so small in my area she's literally the only other gay girl I know irl and we ended up dating just because of that and it didn't work out, but we sort of made the friendship work afterwards just to stay in contact lol. We aren't as close as we were though because it kinda feels weird, like there's these new boundaries I don't want to cross because it's too close to when we were dating, like I don't spend the night anymore at her house and I feel like I have to be careful in how emotional we are together so I don't get a crush again. But I'm not friends with any of my guy exs. Fuck em.)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    81/0
    Mentioned
    191 times
    Time Online
    45d 20h 47m
    Avg. Time Online
    17m
    Maybe try reaching out to him in a few months or so. He might just need some time to heal. My ex is kinda doing this to me; he'll only talk to me if I text him. Outside of that he's silent. Not that I really care at this point (not bitter in terms of the breakup, just other stuff with him).

And I'm friends with a couple of my exes, but most of the time my relationships end badly so I just want to do away with all reminders of my fuckups.

Edit: I forgot to say that I wasn't friends with my exes right away. I needed that space to heal.
    Last edited by Aska; 10-11-2015 at 12:21 PM.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    54/0
    Mentioned
    86 times
    Time Online
    35d 6h N/A
    Avg. Time Online
    12m
    I'm actually friends with all my ex's . o.o

We skype, and goof off like we used to before dating.

There was one that took like 2 years to actually come around and start being my friend again but now we are fine. Maybe not bff5evr status but still decent friends. (I tried supppperrrr hard to keep this friendship though...like...I was persistent to keep checking up once in a while, try to start convos, etc.)

I think its important to keep ex's as friends. They may not have been the right person to be with forever but I obviously found something good with each and every one of them, which ultimately means they helped me be one step closer to finding who I truly want to be with forever. I would be so sad to lose their friendship; I cherish each of them as friends.

Shoot I've even hooked one of them up with another friend of mine because I felt they were more compatible and their personalities would compliment each other. They are still going strong after 2 years ^_^

Pronouns
    She/Her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    5/0
    Mentioned
    121 times
    Time Online
    39d 18h 33m
    Avg. Time Online
    16m
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBaphomet View Post
    No I do not stay friends with an ex. Having a title to me is different then just being fuck friends. If you develop past that point then it means both parties feel that there is something to engage in.

A friend is pretty much something both parties benefit from so they remain friends. For guys they can get all their non sexual needs from other guy friends so there is no need to keep a female around after the point they are no longer interested.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    See this is the reason why I broke up with him like... he asked if we could have a chat & then we started talking about what we were looking for in a relationship.

I told him I was looking for a best friend (and considered him my best friend) in my partner. He disagreed and said that he didn't view me as a best friend and that he had other people for that which just broke my heart because I was so attached to him/felt so close to him (but I guess not). After that convo things just kinda died for me so I just told him honestly that I couldn't see the relationship heading down a path I wanted.

I guess we were just looking for different things but hell, that was effing harsh.

& To everyone else, thanks for your advice/comments. It really means a lot that you'd all pitch in your thoughts to this.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    7/0
    Mentioned
    98 times
    Time Online
    12d 10h 23m
    Avg. Time Online
    4m
    Yes.

I try to stay on good terms with everyone.

It's just in my nature.

Except my first long term bf. But I still wish him well in life even though I know his life is complete shit and he did everything I told him NOT to do in life and well lookie there... I was right.

Sorry your ex is being a douche, but like mentioned above maybe he'll come back around and that is his way of coping with the break-up. Breaking up with you on /everything/. Ya know?
    I love other Jess even tho I log in like twice a year