Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: What do you consider unforgivable in a relationship?

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    37/0
    Mentioned
    376 times
    Time Online
    58d 2h 18m
    Avg. Time Online
    22m
    Definitely cheating (including "flirting", if you have to delete text messages so your partner can't see them, you're there)

Lying depending on the severity of the lies. I'm not going to go into detail, but a small lie usually isn't a big deal.

Abuse whether verbal or physical

Monetary expectations. Be happy with the person you chose to be with, be ready to support every venture and failure, or move on.

Trying to " change" someone. I understand trying to positively impact someone to change a bad habit or something, but on the fact of trying to change who they are or what they enjoy doing; I think that's worse than cheating. You picked that person as a partner, embrace what they like doing.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    6/0
    Mentioned
    5 times
    Time Online
    1d 29m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    Honestly, I'm a pretty forgiving person which has left me in some really blah situations relationship wise. -__-

Now...if I did have some kind of backbone so I'd be able to leave my SO when they did something I didn't like, these would probably be qualifiers:
    -Any form of abuse
    -Manipulative behavior (tho I suppose that fits in with the first point)
    -Cheating
    -Frequent dishonesty

...and just, not feeling happy with the person anymore. Like, I was in a relationship for a few months, and they basically made me feel constantly guilty and like I was always screwing up, and would snap and get mad at me for no reason. I wouldn't want anyone to have to be in a relationship were they're feeling bad all the time.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 time
    Time Online
    7h 3m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    pretty much forgive anything, we all make mistakes. have a heart.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    27/0
    Mentioned
    13 times
    Time Online
    4d 15h 57m
    Avg. Time Online
    1m
    My answers are the same as the majority: cheating and lying
    I'm not sure if I could ever forgive if my boyfriend cheated on me, despite how sorry he was. He knew what he was doing.
    Lying is a bit different, if it's a little lie here and there, I'll get over it. If it's little lies pretty much everyday, like about what he was doing, ect, ect. Even if he was doing nothing bad, but he lied to me about it all the tie, I'd probably end it off of that. How would I know what the truth was anymore?
    A big lie is a big deal.

As well as physical and verbal abuse.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    7/0
    Mentioned
    4 times
    Time Online
    7h 15m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    Eating cheetos using three fingers.
    Two is all you need.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to TheLargeOne For This Useful Post:

tf4trftf43 (02-21-2015)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    4/0
    Mentioned
    2 times
    Time Online
    2d 4h 22m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    cheating, abuse (OBVIOUSLY!!!!!) and just generally being an asshole. also rude people!!
    i'm don't care about being a slob or not ~perfect romantic~ or w/e. i'm pretty sloppy/not very good at romance myself so it'd be hypocritical. i just want a decent person.

supporter of second rate ascii art since time began
    infamy, infamy, they've all got it in for me!~carry on cleo

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    50/0
    Mentioned
    46 times
    Time Online
    8d 20h 39m
    Avg. Time Online
    3m
    Lying

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    18/0
    Mentioned
    190 times
    Time Online
    59d 1h 57m
    Avg. Time Online
    20m
    Quote Originally Posted by Teal View Post
    ^

If someone cheated on me, I don't know how I would get over it. Whatsoever.
    I think it would flood my thoughts every single day.
    It hurts, a lot.
    But you cant let something like that ruin who you are.. Yes, if you date someone new the thoughts and "what ifs" still haunt you.. But, in time the pain and uncertainty will fade (not totally..you will always be aware) . Only if you let it. It still haunts me, but I try to push it to the back of my mind..
    I let my fears ruin two relationships I was in.. Wont make that mistake a third time.

1,000 post count!
    Last edited by Lindsay; 02-23-2015 at 09:09 PM.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Lindsay For This Useful Post:

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    18/0
    Mentioned
    190 times
    Time Online
    59d 1h 57m
    Avg. Time Online
    20m
    Quote Originally Posted by Teal View Post
    NICE, congrats!
    I'm trying to get things that have happened to me over the past, but it's pretty hard. :/
    I'm not sure what the best approach is for that.
    i know what you mean.. It's hard.. I've been through a lot (emotional abuse, cheated on, told I wasn't good enough, financially supported a cheater.. Ect). If you ever feel like you are having one of those days where you just want to break, feel free to shoot me a PM if you want to talk about it. I may not be able to make the pain go away, but I may be able to help you view the situation in a different light

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Lindsay For This Useful Post:

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    8 times
    Time Online
    2d 7h 38m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    Dishonesty and lack of integrity.

Dishonesty covers a broad spectrum. Lying, cheating, those are the big ones. Dishonesty is basically the great destroyer of relationships in my opinion. If I can't trust you, how can I live with you, and share my body with you?

Lack of integrity can be a deal breaker for me, and other times it can't. Some things can be fixed, because integrity is often affected by societal pressures and/or problems. But some things just get to a point where there's no helping someone, and I've gotta let them go.

---------- Post added at 11:48 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:46 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Lyric View Post
    I'm with the majority here. Cheating on SO- as in ultimate full contact cheating, would be the part I could not forgive nor ever give another chance to. I believe in the 'once a cheater' thing as well.

I consider having feelings for, touching, kissing, sneaking time as cheating. It doesn't have to be full out sex. The sex I wouldn't forgive but the other intimate acts I could look past.
    Exactly how I feel about it. My thing is too, if they'll do it with you, they'll not hesitate to do it to you.
    EEL SUSHI

14. The Following User Says Thank You to spleef35 For This Useful Post:

Lyric (02-24-2015)