Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Should the Unites States let Syrian refugees in??

Thanks
    DL/UL
    84/1
    Mentioned
    533 times
    Time Online
    134d 9h 16m
    Avg. Time Online
    52m
    The best part of being an adult?
    Responsibility and sobriety.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    30/0
    Mentioned
    1,998 times
    Time Online
    437d 22h 14m
    Avg. Time Online
    2h 29m
    Quote Originally Posted by Mophead View Post
    The best part of being an adult?
    Responsibility and sobriety.
    I hope that this post is laced with heavy amounts of sarcasm.
    sobriety sucks and responsibilities are even worse!
    What's my definition of success?
    Creating something no one else can
    Being brave enough to dream big
    Grindin' when you're told to just quit
    Giving more when you got nothin' left

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to I_royalty_I For This Useful Post:

Banannie (11-20-2015),Mophead (11-20-2015)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    81/0
    Mentioned
    191 times
    Time Online
    45d 20h 47m
    Avg. Time Online
    17m
    The U.S. doesn't care about our homeless. If we did, we wouldn't be keeping them on the streets. It costs more to keep them on the streets than it would to provide housing for them. A lot of them have mental health problems too that should be addressed, but that is a complete joke in terms of getting help to.

People are escaping a country where their family and friends are getting tortured or God knows what else. If we can help these people and support our economy, then I am all for it.

Where's the empathy?

5. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Aska For This Useful Post:

Banannie (11-20-2015),Foxglove (11-20-2015),hissi (11-20-2015),Persephone (11-20-2015),Winona (11-20-2015)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    13/0
    Mentioned
    228 times
    Time Online
    35d 5h 59m
    Avg. Time Online
    14m
    Quote Originally Posted by Elf View Post
    @(you need an account to see links) - Do you support Donald Trump by any chance?
    I honestly don't know who I support yet. I support somethings he does and some things the others do. Haven't decided yet.

---------- Post added at 06:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:34 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Aska View Post
    The U.S. doesn't care about our homeless. If we did, we wouldn't be keeping them on the streets. It costs more to keep them on the streets than it would to provide housing for them. A lot of them have mental health problems too that should be addressed, but that is a complete joke in terms of getting help to.

People are escaping a country where their family and friends are getting tortured or God knows what else. If we can help these people and support our economy, then I am all for it.

Where's the empathy?
    I'm not saying I don't feel for these people, I do.. it's what them coming here would do, it costs tons of money and resources to get them here and house them and clothe them and feed them.. and we have people here who already need all that, as you also pointed out. I just feel like we need it first and THEN we can help them .

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    219 times
    Time Online
    40d 7h 25m
    Avg. Time Online
    15m
    I agree with Aska, that homelessness is more of a mental health issue. We also have the space to rent out/give out housing for them, there are more than enough properties that aren't being lived in right now that could be used for this. Technically, we have the space to fit everyone in and house them, and doing so would cost people less money than what's being done right now.

I don't have any more opinions on refugees. They should be given shelter somewhere safe. What has been going on in their country is beyond horrific.

That said, even with Whithers opinions - y'all should chill thee thus with the flames. You can't change people's opinions with an aggressive stance like that, no matter how much you believe in your cause. Calling people names and challenging their intelligence pushes them in the opposite direction. How is that helping anyone other than making you feel like you have the moral high ground?

Stick to the facts. Calmly repeat the facts. Remain open for dialogue. Put yourself in someone else's shoes, doesn't matter what you agree on.

Sometimes the high road is hard to find.

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Banannie For This Useful Post:

Aska (11-20-2015),cookiemunster (11-20-2015),Shizuku (11-20-2015)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    13/0
    Mentioned
    228 times
    Time Online
    35d 5h 59m
    Avg. Time Online
    14m
    Quote Originally Posted by Banannie View Post
    I agree with Aska, that homelessness is more of a mental health issue. We also have the space to rent out/give out housing for them, there are more than enough properties that aren't being lived in right now that could be used for this. Technically, we have the space to fit everyone in and house them, and doing so would cost people less money than what's being done right now.

I don't have any more opinions on refugees. They should be given shelter somewhere safe. What has been going on in their country is beyond horrific.

That said, even with Whithers opinions - y'all should chill thee thus with the flames. You can't change people's opinions with an aggressive stance like that, no matter how much you believe in your cause. Calling people names and challenging their intelligence pushes them in the opposite direction. How is that helping anyone other than making you feel like you have the moral high ground?

Stick to the facts. Calmly repeat the facts. Remain open for dialogue. Put yourself in someone else's shoes, doesn't matter what you agree on.

Sometimes the high road is hard to find.
    I really appreciate that thank you. While I agree SOME homeless are mentally ill, that puts them even higher on my list of people that need help. They should be housed first if we have all yhis room - but not all homeless are mentally ill. Some are perfectly fine, some are junkies. There are alot of different kind of people.

It's the way I worded it all. It should have said them differently like royalty did. My fault I guess

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    32/0
    Mentioned
    137 times
    Time Online
    53d 21h 20m
    Avg. Time Online
    21m
    Sorry @(you need an account to see links) but you are so completely racist it actually hurts... The kind of racist people who stand by their own bigoted opinions just dumbfound me. It's just so ridiculous that you're defending your opinion and saying you're not racist when pretty much everyone else says you are.

Caucasians are becoming a minority here and with the way people reproduce here, in about 5 generations I really don't think there will be much more left, most will be mixed race.

Apparently mixing race is a bad thing, I'm sorry your whiteness will be reduced to nothing in the coming generations. Just the way the world is going to be thanks to the ease of transportation around the world nowadays. Sorry to all them white peoples your special genes will be mixed with them dirty non-whites.

Literally people joke around here that you can't get food stamps or healthcare or housing because we're white

Apparently homelessness, lack of food and housing only happens to white people in America? What? And how does this relate at all to refugees from Syria who are suffering from a terrible war and living constantly in fear of their own lives?

Indians come here and are given convenience stores and don't have to pay taxes, get rich and go back to their country rich af and living good. Same thing with the Mexican population, they get a job off the books, live in squalor and then when they save up a hundred grand they go back to Mexico rich af and living good.

This is so unbelievably racist, I just can't even understand how you DON'T see that this is racist? Making sweeping assumptions about A WHOLE RACE and making them out to be as if they're just money grubbers stealing from the white people. I'm... Just wow.

And you think you're not racist? Because what you say is the "truth"? Come on, stop deluding yourself there...

Edit: Ok so I've calmed down a bit and I'd rather make some more coherent points.

I'm 10000000% sure that economy is a lot more complex than just "refugees going into our country will steal our monies". I'm pretty sure hard working permanent immigrants contribute to the economy as much as a hard working American citizen. Refugees that move to countries like America and Australia are mostly there to build a better life for them and their family. How do you build a better life for yourself? By working hard and paying your taxes. Refugees eventually become citizens anyway and they become a part of the country and economy, and their children will be American citizens, so why is it ok to separate "them" and "us" when most of them are just looking for a better life for themselves? Wouldn't you want to leave a war-stricken country to build your own life again? Have some empathy, man... We're all human, let's not throw people's lives away because of the amount of melanin in their skin.
    Last edited by Fleur; 11-20-2015 at 08:59 PM.

[/FONT]

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Fleur For This Useful Post:

Aura (11-20-2015),Rainey (11-20-2015)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    13/0
    Mentioned
    228 times
    Time Online
    35d 5h 59m
    Avg. Time Online
    14m
    Quote Originally Posted by Whither View Post
    NO, NO, NO, a hundred times NO. This country is already at enough risk with it's foreign residents that reside here.. Caucasians are becoming a minority here and with the way people reproduce here, in about 5 generations I really don't think there will be much more left, most will be mixed race. The illegals here already take away alot of jobs, money and resources from people who need it who have lived here all their lives. Literally people joke around here that you can't get food stamps or healthcare or housing because we're white. There is probably some truth to it honestly. Indians come here and are given convenience stores and don't have to pay taxes, get rich and go back to their country rich af and living good. Same thing with the Mexican population, they get a job off the books, live in squalor and then when they save up a hundred grand they go back to Mexico rich af and living good. This country really needs to learn to take care of it's people first and other countries LAST, if anything's left.

The sad part is I don't even dislike alot of these people, they're good people, I know quite a few people in my town here illegally. They're good people.. but at the same time they have come here and taken part in draining our country dry and a little part of me can't forget that. I am also not racist in any way, it just happens that what we are talking about is race based and that is my opinion on it, so please do not try and tell me I am racist.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fleur View Post
    Sorry @(you need an account to see links) but you are so completely racist it actually hurts... The kind of racist people who stand by their own bigoted opinions just dumbfound me. It's just so ridiculous that you're defending your opinion and saying you're not racist when pretty much everyone else says you are.

Caucasians are becoming a minority here and with the way people reproduce here, in about 5 generations I really don't think there will be much more left, most will be mixed race.

Apparently mixing race is a bad thing, I'm sorry your whiteness will be reduced to nothing in the coming generations. Just the way the world is going to be thanks to the ease of transportation around the world nowadays. Sorry to all them white peoples your special genes will be mixed with them dirty non-whites.

Literally people joke around here that you can't get food stamps or healthcare or housing because we're white

Apparently homelessness, lack of food and housing only happens to white people in America? What? And how does this relate at all to refugees from Syria who are suffering from a terrible war and living constantly in fear of their own lives?

Indians come here and are given convenience stores and don't have to pay taxes, get rich and go back to their country rich af and living good. Same thing with the Mexican population, they get a job off the books, live in squalor and then when they save up a hundred grand they go back to Mexico rich af and living good.

This is so unbelievably racist, I just can't even understand how you DON'T see that this is racist? Making sweeping assumptions about A WHOLE RACE and making them out to be as if they're just money grubbers stealing from the white people. I'm... Just wow.

And you think you're not racist? Because what you say is the "truth"? Come on, stop deluding yourself there...

Edit: Ok so I've calmed down a bit and I'd rather make some more coherent points.

I'm 10000000% sure that economy is a lot more complex than just "refugees going into our country will steal our monies". I'm pretty sure hard working permanent immigrants contribute to the economy as much as a hard working American citizen. Refugees that move to countries like America and Australia are mostly there to build a better life for them and their family. How do you build a better life for yourself? By working hard and paying your taxes. Refugees eventually become citizens anyway and they become a part of the country and economy, and their children will be American citizens, so why is it ok to separate "them" and "us" when most of them are just looking for a better life for themselves? Wouldn't you want to leave a war-stricken country to build your own life again? Have some empathy, man... We're all human, let's not throw people's lives away because of the amount of melanin in their skin.
    Until you have read EVERY reply I posted on this thread, don't judge me. I made the mistake of naming specifics. Also if you READ what I wrote, you will see I am speaking ONLY of illegals here in the US, almost all of which consists mainly if two races, which is why they were mentioned. Also you will see how many times I attempted to defend what I said and I refuse to do it any more. Go find your answer in my replies.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    34/0
    Mentioned
    315 times
    Time Online
    49d 2h 15m
    Avg. Time Online
    16m
    Hang on. Do refugees get citizenship? Or does it mean they stay for a bit then get deported?

I just learned from the news here that the refugees coming here to Canada are being divided amongst the big cities because we can hold them. Here in Edmonton I learned they are going to the army garrison and some military individuals using the housing are going to be temporarily relocated (they worded as they need to find new temporary housing) once the refugees come. This implies they are not staying.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    32/0
    Mentioned
    137 times
    Time Online
    53d 21h 20m
    Avg. Time Online
    21m
    @(you need an account to see links) Trust me I've read all your responses and I still think you're racist. Racism isn't a black and white thing, you know that? Just because you say you aren't racist doesn't mean you aren't.

"You're not understanding what I meant either.. I am far from racist I just care about this country and we will be the ones paying for them to be here, at the cost if everyone else.

How is saying I don't want them here racist?? I didn't at any point say I hated syrians, racism is hatred of a race.."

You don't have to hate on a race to be racist, like how you don't have to hate homosexuals to be homophobic? You can think that you aren't racist but you can still spew out racist opinions.

Does refugees coming in take money out of your pocket directly? I really don't understand. Also your argument about homeless people, shelter etc.... Do you personally put money in to help homeless people? I mean, if you're going to make an argument about how the homeless should be helped within your own country, it would be a bit hypocritical to not do something about it yourself.

@(you need an account to see links) I'm not sure how it works in America or Canada since I don't live in either of those countries, but I'm fairly sure that refugees can live here in Australia? OR I'm totally wrong and misguided? I would think that you'd have to live here at least x amount of years and do the citizenship test to be qualified to be a citizen.

[/FONT]