Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: soooo.... whos hacking the PC'ers again?

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    5/0
    Mentioned
    8 times
    Time Online
    7d 3h 19m
    Avg. Time Online
    3m
    Holy... I just saw some boards on PC o-o
    I nervously checked two accounts where I hold my UCs and they're both fine.
    Hopefully they'll survive this hacking wave. Darn, I've been signed up to many browser based games and I have never seen/heard of account hacking on such a mass scale.
    I love neo but it's security is shitty ;w;

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    3/0
    Mentioned
    45 times
    Time Online
    6d 23h 46m
    Avg. Time Online
    2m
    One of my accounts (which doesn't even have UC) got the user lookup status changed to stealth. I have changed my password. What else can I do to protect my account? nothing was taken and nothing was inside the side anyway

Thanks
    DL/UL
    19/0
    Mentioned
    733 times
    Time Online
    158d 26m
    Avg. Time Online
    56m
    Quote Originally Posted by Malt View Post
    One of my accounts (which doesn't even have UC) got the user lookup status changed to stealth. I have changed my password. What else can I do to protect my account? nothing was taken and nothing was inside the side anyway
    Change the mail as well and your PIN and just to be sure it wouldn't hurt to clean cookies as well

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    41/0
    Mentioned
    1,446 times
    Time Online
    368d 17h 50m
    Avg. Time Online
    2h 6m
    Quote Originally Posted by Malt View Post
    If nothing was taken, good chances are they couldnt do anything because of your pin

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    119/0
    Mentioned
    37 times
    Time Online
    19d 6h 49m
    Avg. Time Online
    9m
    I was just reading another board where this happened. I read a forum post a few days ago about how we should all have this "No Script" attachment on Firefox (I couldn't find one for Chrome). It will secure you from this happening to you. I will try to find the post I read and copy/paste it here

---------- Post added at 01:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:02 PM ----------

Alright, this wasn't what I had originally read, but it describes what I was trying to say perfectly!!!
    (you need an account to see links)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    12/0
    Mentioned
    17 times
    Time Online
    6d 34m
    Avg. Time Online
    2m
    Is there a no script thing for chrome? Neopets runs like shit on Firefox for me. All the flash elements are slow and I have a gaming computer so it's definitely not my hardware.

This is interesting because I have run across 1-2 userlookups in the last day that had a bunch of broken code on their userlookup and I thought it was strange/lazy because they seemed like nice, active accounts. Makes me wonder if they were hit, too.

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    119/0
    Mentioned
    37 times
    Time Online
    19d 6h 49m
    Avg. Time Online
    9m
    There was a script for Chrome but Google Chrome made it so you can only activate scripts that were downloaded directly through their shop I hate using Neo on Firefox, I only do it if I have to... and even then, I hardly do.

I'm confused about this "Stealth" thing... is that where people have things like "Online - ignoring YOU!" type things? I've been away from neo for several years.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    41/0
    Mentioned
    1,446 times
    Time Online
    368d 17h 50m
    Avg. Time Online
    2h 6m
    Quote Originally Posted by mmichelleej View Post
    There was a script for Chrome but Google Chrome made it so you can only activate scripts that were downloaded directly through their shop I hate using Neo on Firefox, I only do it if I have to... and even then, I hardly do.

I'm confused about this "Stealth" thing... is that where people have things like "Online - ignoring YOU!" type things? I've been away from neo for several years.
    Stealth used to be a premium only feature that you could put as a status so people couldn't see your last login, and then they released it to everyone. Its sort of a security measure.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Bettser For This Useful Post:

xCarRadio (02-23-2016)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    12/0
    Mentioned
    17 times
    Time Online
    6d 34m
    Avg. Time Online
    2m
    Quote Originally Posted by mmichelleej View Post

Oh, so I don't have to worry about it if I'm on Chrome because only scripts from their google store will run on the browser? Or the things that stopped scripts from running on the browser isn't available anymore because it's not in the store? XD

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    119/0
    Mentioned
    37 times
    Time Online
    19d 6h 49m
    Avg. Time Online
    9m
    I found this through the Chrome Script store.
    (you need an account to see links)

---------- Post added at 01:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:42 PM ----------

@(you need an account to see links) No, sorry I worded that weirdly. There was a NoScript extension for Google Chrome, however Chrome decided to up their security and only allow extensions downloaded directly from their store to work. I found one on the Chrome store that looks to be very similar to the Firefox one that I posted! I'm just downloading it now.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to xCarRadio For This Useful Post:

cinnamon (02-23-2016)