Mentioned
    228 times
    Time Online
    35d 5h 59m
    Avg. Time Online
    14m
    Quote Originally Posted by Winona View Post
    Super easy fix to this: VPN.

Doesn't even have to be paid VPN, I use Hotspot Shield when I don't want to make an effort. It works great, and they can't see shit. Torrents for days
    What is hotspot shield?

Pronouns
    she/elle/o/ол
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    8/0
    Mentioned
    85 times
    Time Online
    27d 8h 17m
    Avg. Time Online
    11m
    Quote Originally Posted by Whither View Post
    What is hotspot shield?
    A free VPN client. It can get mildly annoying sometimes (pops up a new tab every time you turn it on), but it works well enough for me in the VPN department. I would never use it for Neo-related things because it's definitely not advanced enough to make account securing safe, but it works great for getting around web filters and making sure my ISP doesn't see my activity.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    2/0
    Mentioned
    6 times
    Time Online
    2d 1h 35m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    Quote Originally Posted by Winona View Post
    A free VPN client. It can get mildly annoying sometimes (pops up a new tab every time you turn it on), but it works well enough for me in the VPN department. I would never use it for Neo-related things because it's definitely not advanced enough to make account securing safe, but it works great for getting around web filters and making sure my ISP doesn't see my activity.
    I second this ~ The popup can be annoying, but I use the elite version (I believe it's ~$3 a month?) and haven't had any real problems!

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    5/0
    Mentioned
    3 times
    Time Online
    1d 4h 35m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    My favourite (paid) VPN is Private Internet Access. Lets me access whatever country's Netflix I want, torrent whatever Netflix doesn't have safely, and stops my shitty-ass government from storing my metadata. Forty bucks USD a year. It slows my internet down slightly, but I only notice the difference when I'm loading pages full of gifs - although you lucky motherfuckers in non-Australian countries with decent internet speeds might notice a bit more of a difference, I dunno. Tried Express VPN too and they were fantastic and didn't slow me down at all (plus lots more exit servers than PIA), but it wasn't enough to convince me to pay as much as I was. Still, whoever you go with, VPNs are fantastic. Just make sure the company doesn't keep logs, or they can still hand your data over to the government.

Pronouns
    he/they/she
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    8/0
    Mentioned
    59 times
    Time Online
    30d 11h 46m
    Avg. Time Online
    13m
    I don't download anything, also because the few times I've seen my parents and my sister use torrents, they all got nasty viruses that were awful to get rid of. So I just watch online, with all sorts of malware and antivirus programs and popup blockers and adblockers and script blockers. My computer is a wall.

Thanks
    DL/UL
    127/0
    Mentioned
    575 times
    Time Online
    62d 4h 17m
    Avg. Time Online
    21m
    Australia was land of the free but now we are not safe either so VPNs are my safety net but I just use Netflix now it's awesome, I use VPN because Aus Netflix sucks lol but US Netflix is awesome

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pronouns
    she/her or they/them
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    44/0
    Mentioned
    145 times
    Time Online
    32d 11h 47m
    Avg. Time Online
    11m
    Quote Originally Posted by LaVieBoheme View Post
    My favourite (paid) VPN is Private Internet Access. Lets me access whatever country's Netflix I want, torrent whatever Netflix doesn't have safely, and stops my shitty-ass government from storing my metadata. Forty bucks USD a year. It slows my internet down slightly, but I only notice the difference when I'm loading pages full of gifs - although you lucky motherfuckers in non-Australian countries with decent internet speeds might notice a bit more of a difference, I dunno. Tried Express VPN too and they were fantastic and didn't slow me down at all (plus lots more exit servers than PIA), but it wasn't enough to convince me to pay as much as I was. Still, whoever you go with, VPNs are fantastic. Just make sure the company doesn't keep logs, or they can still hand your data over to the government.
    Private Internet Access is the bomb. Doesn't log me out like Hotspot Shield and isn't slow as heck as that Ghost one.

Thanks
    DL/UL
    51/7
    Mentioned
    105 times
    Time Online
    21d 20h 18m
    Avg. Time Online
    8m
    Use Peerblock. Problem fixed.