DL/UL
    13/0
    Mentioned
    51 times
    Time Online
    55d 4h 10m
    Avg. Time Online
    21m
    I can't simply say I believe, rather I have to tell the story of my first real experience.
    There are mountains nearby where my family live, and it is just oozing with history. The Spaniards mined gold there in the 1800s, and miners in general have just been working up there for a very long time, I would say around a century. There are old mines intermixed with newer ones as late as the 90s, and it's all open to the public if you know about it. Now, my father and I use to hike up there almost every week. We'd find old mine shafts, old machinery, and just hike around the mountain and just have a good old-time. We'd find all kinds of things these people would use, like broken pottery, old gun shells, ect. It was a very prominent part of my childhood.

One day, we drove up one of the trails and stopped at this abandoned site with massive machinery and old cars. It was a rough ride to get up there too, woah boy. I'd swear Jeeps could crawl up walls after that. Now, on the far end of this site there was this tunnel they had began digging, but stopped about 20ft in. So we walked into this tunnel, and my father was telling me about the history of the area when we hear people arguing outside the cave. Instantly we think "oh shit, these people are going to be pissed that we're in this tunnel." So we walk out and saw no one. No cars, no people, and it was rather unlikely there were people around, especially on a Monday of all days. My father and I start discussing it, trying to explain why we might have heard it. Were our phones on, was the jeep's radio on, ect. Now to give you guys an idea, I was looking into the cave with the sun hitting inside of it, while my father was standing toward me. My eyes were instantly drawn to a rock that I watched move from the front of the entrance, arc upwards and hit my father about 2ft away. It was actually clearly defined by the sunlight against the dark cave behind it. Right after, my father said, "did something just hit me?" I had no real words to give him as I was stunned. How do you explain a rock moving upwards as if it had been tossed, on a relatively flat ground?

After that day, I had plenty of other experiences on that mountain. Voices, seeing people who aren't there (especially a person known as the "man in blue", which I've seen twice, and other hikers/people have seen as well. One person even claimed it was a real person that disappeared on them suddenly.), hearing loud bangs and clanks that feel unnatural, and having emotions suddenly hit you like anger, sorrow, and happiness. Weird things happen on that mountain, whether it's ghost or the environment radiating energy (there's a theory that quartz can hold energy, and gold is normally found with quartz and iron/copper), I just know I've seen things that I can't explain logically. o__o

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    4 times
    Time Online
    9d 52m
    Avg. Time Online
    4m
    Not at all, lol. Ghosts aren't real. Humans don't just stay behind after we die... our consciousnesses aren't tangible things. When you die, you die, and there is just nothingness.

That's just my opinion, at least.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    32/0
    Mentioned
    312 times
    Time Online
    77d 22h 42m
    Avg. Time Online
    29m
    Yes I believe in @(you need an account to see links) he is very trustworthy.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    6/0
    Mentioned
    16 times
    Time Online
    5d 5h 8m
    Avg. Time Online
    2m
    I absolutely do believe we have a spiritual energy that endures after death. I have had quite a few experiences along with my scientific background which makes me believe it more, not less, the more I study science.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    63/0
    Mentioned
    Never
    Time Online
    19h 20m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    I do. I've seen a ghost before in my house. Still remember exactly what it looked like lol creepiest thing that's ever happened to me.

---------- Post added at 12:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:25 PM ----------

that gave me goosebumps reading your story

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    13/0
    Mentioned
    10 times
    Time Online
    14d 18h 54m
    Avg. Time Online
    7m
    In general, yes. I've heard way too many stories from friends that have been confirmed by other witnesses. My first-hand experience is limited, but I too started to experience weird things when I got on a horror movie kick one time and started reading creepy things on the internet out of pure curiosity. I'm a weenie, though, so I backed off of that stuff (in fact, I'm not sure I've watched a "ghost-themed" horror movie since), and the weirdness stopped. I don't have specific beliefs about the nature of "ghosts," but I do believe that if you seek them out and make way for them (like I feel I started to do), it has an effect.

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    4 times
    Time Online
    2d 7h 34m
    Avg. Time Online
    1m
    Due to a lot of unfortunate circumstances I have witnessed and endured a lot of different things in my life. There have been times when I have tried to delve into misc. things in order to cope and/or distract myself from reality. At one time one of those things was in fact ghosts and the concept of "another side" after death. Dug a little too deep and did a little too much. I regret every single moment I chose to become involved in that subject because it led me to experience several terrifying encounters with what I believed and felt was a malevolent entity. Luckily these days I tend to be left alone and I tend to leave them alone.

Maybe one day I'll type everything I can remember out and put it up here to be read. Was a long time ago.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    62/0
    Mentioned
    8 times
    Time Online
    14d 15h 1m
    Avg. Time Online
    6m
    Yep, in my house had many, at 2:30 am, the doors open.. and crash manyyy items in the kitchen D:

Pronouns
    they/them
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    26/0
    Mentioned
    27 times
    Time Online
    17d 23h 10m
    Avg. Time Online
    7m
    I kinda believe in spirits because of my religion and I definetly believe sometimes spirits can influence our thoughts. Believing in ghosts is part of it, but I myself haven't seen anything and quite frankly I don't want to. I know that ghosts are spirits and they're people but science can't really explain that? So it freaks me out a bit.

The only experience I had (which I still have sometimes) was an annoying knocking on the floor. It's literal knocking like someone just sat there and started knocking the floor. Several times I tried to localize it thinking it might be a bug stuck between the wall and the floor-thingy, but whenever I got close it would stop.

I once sat in front of it really quietly and without moving and it stopped. I checked to see if there was anything that could be making that noise but there was literally nothing, just bare wall and floor. I walked away for like a minute to get in bed and it started again.

Sometimes the noise would be loud enough to make me lose sleep. One day I said "stop it, it's not fun" and the noise stopped?

I have no idea if this was supernatural or not, but it spooked me back then. lol

Sent from my potato using Tapatalk

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    34/0
    Mentioned
    315 times
    Time Online
    49d 2h 15m
    Avg. Time Online
    16m
    Quote Originally Posted by Witchy1 View Post
    I absolutely do believe we have a spiritual energy that endures after death. I have had quite a few experiences along with my scientific background which makes me believe it more, not less, the more I study science.
    Interesting. How does your scientific background make you believe in these matters more? I too have a scientific background and to be honest the sciences help disprove spirits, ghosts and things.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast