Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Should the Unites States let Syrian refugees in??

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    19/0
    Mentioned
    120 times
    Time Online
    21d 35m
    Avg. Time Online
    9m
    Quote Originally Posted by Maison View Post
    What are you views of people saying that they could be terrorist that come into our Country to do harm?
    Do you think that we should help the people right in front of us that need it like the homeless?? How do you think this can affect the economy? I love your views on things!!
    Honestly, some very well could. I do not believe that the value of hundreds of thousands of refugee lives should be judged on this matter alone. Home-grown terrorism is the threat these days. We can sit here and cower in the wake of anybody that we do not recognize, or we can be vigilant, support each other, and live our lives as we normally would. We need to have faith in our government, and the international community as a whole. Sure, national interests may conflict with each other, but I feel like the world is coming to realize that we are all human, and our joint existence is being threatened by this group.

You cannot simply bomb an idea out of people - think V for Vendetta. These people are FLEEING ISIS, if Islam is your issue, why not "convince" them that jihad is a terrible mistake, by showing them kindness, dispelling the false notions which inspire terrorism to begin with. Jihadism is not a person, you cannot kill it with a single blow, the idea must be extinguished among the people.

Homelessness and refugees are completely different topics, I hate when people mix the two together. Refugees are fleeing dire circumstances (literally life or death/rape/slavery), and obviously would prefer to stay in their country of origin, had circumstances permitted. To be clear, in making this distinction, I am not saying that the homeless desire this lifestyle, but they are from among the native population. Thus, we are comparing apples to oranges - it may be tempting, but I implore you to distinguish the drasticay different circumstances. Homelessness is a domestic social issue, while refugees are an international emergency, brought about by destruction, war, and genocide.

When trying to compare these two groups, I ask that you once again think in terms of my previously used analogy to the Holocaust. Do not be clouded by your emotions due to current events - look back to the Holocaust, and how several countries were initially hesitant to take the initial waves of refugees, until the scope of the atrocities were fully understood (antisemitism was alive and well in other parts of the world at the time). I suspect that once I he scope of ISIS' deed is truly understood, that we will be looking back with contempt at the words of those who are against accepting the refugees, just as we do those who refused to help/didn't help enough during WWII.
    Last edited by haiqtpi; 11-18-2015 at 11:44 AM.
    Queen Bee

2. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to haiqtpi For This Useful Post:

Aska (11-18-2015),Aura (11-18-2015),Banannie (11-18-2015),Ghosts (11-18-2015),Maison (11-18-2015),Persephone (11-19-2015),Skarner (11-18-2015)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    32/0
    Mentioned
    312 times
    Time Online
    77d 22h 42m
    Avg. Time Online
    30m
    Quote Originally Posted by Whither View Post
    NO, NO, NO, a hundred times NO. This country is already at enough risk with it's foreign residents that reside here.. Caucasians are becoming a minority here and with the way people reproduce here, in about 5 generations I really don't think there will be much more left, most will be mixed race. The illegals here already take away alot of jobs, money and resources from people who need it who have lived here all their lives. Literally people joke around here that you can't get food stamps or healthcare or housing because we're white. There is probably some truth to it honestly. Indians come here and are given convenience stores and don't have to pay taxes, get rich and go back to their country rich af and living good. Same thing with the Mexican population, they get a job off the books, live in squalor and then when they save up a hundred grand they go back to Mexico rich af and living good. This country really needs to learn to take care of it's people first and other countries LAST, if anything's left.

The sad part is I don't even dislike alot of these people, they're good people, I know quite a few people in my town here illegally. They're good people.. but at the same time they have come here and taken part in draining our country dry and a little part of me can't forget that. I am also not racist in any way, it just happens that what we are talking about is race based and that is my opinion on it, so please do not try and tell me I am racist.
    Whoa whoa whoa hold the fuck up there...I'm Hispanic born here in the states and the reasons why Mexicans "take your jobs" is cause other people mainly Caucasians are to lazy as fuck to do them or don't want to get dirty.

4. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Vindictive For This Useful Post:

Amber (11-18-2015),hissi (11-18-2015),Persephone (11-19-2015),Pusheen (11-18-2015),Shizuku (11-20-2015)

Thanks
    DL/UL
    127/0
    Mentioned
    575 times
    Time Online
    62d 4h 17m
    Avg. Time Online
    21m

Should the Unites States let Syrian refugees in??

Quote Originally Posted by Vindictive View Post
    Whoa whoa whoa hold the fuck up there...I'm Hispanic born here in the states and the reasons why Mexicans "take your jobs" is cause other people mainly Caucasians are to lazy as fuck to do them or don't want to get dirty.
    What's dirty mean? Lol

I'm white Aussie and I wouldn't do trade work I like office work though I have done trade work (sheet metal) and wouldn't go back to it.

True though here in Aus New Zealanders, Indians and Asians I've know say the same thing about certain trade jobs and general like mowing/clean up/cleaning work here so probably same there by the sounds.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Naked Gamer; 11-18-2015 at 12:01 PM.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    32/0
    Mentioned
    312 times
    Time Online
    77d 22h 42m
    Avg. Time Online
    30m
    Quote Originally Posted by scarmans View Post
    What's dirty mean? Lol

I'm white Aussie and I wouldn't do trade work I like office work though I have done trade work (sheet metal) and wouldn't go back to it.

True though here in Aus New Zealanders, Indians and Asians I've know say the same thing about certain trade jobs and general like mowing/clean up/cleaning work here so probably same there by the sounds.

Anything that's outside pretty much, a lot of people don't notice but a lot of the immigrants here work to support their families just like everyone else and at the same time make our economy go round by doing shit others don't want to do instead of protesting outside the white house or wasting time at a coffee shop complaining to your friends that it's hard being a jobless college white student. There is work everywhere you just have to be willing to get up off your lazy ass and get dirty and get to work male or female doesn't matter.

Thanks
    DL/UL
    127/0
    Mentioned
    575 times
    Time Online
    62d 4h 17m
    Avg. Time Online
    21m

Anything that's outside pretty much, a lot of people don't notice but a lot of the immigrants here work to support their families just like everyone else and at the same time make our economy go round by doing shit others don't want to do instead of protesting outside the white house or wasting time at a coffee shop complaining to your friends that it's hard being a jobless college white student. There is work everywhere you just have to be willing to get up off your lazy ass and get dirty and get to work male or female doesn't matter.
    Basically! Always work out there you're just got to be willing to do it.

People just don't understand shit and love to complain so I'm like meh that's your life then and here I am doing what I have to do bettering myself with not complaining about work. I was jobless at one point for 8months until I got a crappy job at a KFC then in my spare time went to job agency and got lucky with where that took me to my current probably retirement job.

Last edited by Naked Gamer; 11-18-2015 at 12:14 PM.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    32/0
    Mentioned
    312 times
    Time Online
    77d 22h 42m
    Avg. Time Online
    30m
    Quote Originally Posted by scarmans View Post
    Basically! Always work you're just got to be willing to do it.

BTW I am not racist in any way and I have Caucasian roots in my family tree. Just to hear people talk about Mexicans out of their ass like that idiot Donald trump labeling them is absurd.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    65/0
    Mentioned
    103 times
    Time Online
    32d 6h 48m
    Avg. Time Online
    11m
    Yep. These people need somewhere safe to be and not in a war stricken country. I've heard many positive things about the refugees and the people who have taken them in haven't had problems. Our country needs to stop trying to be a breeding ground for hate because THATS how bad things happen.

DER HUMPINK

Thanks
    DL/UL
    127/0
    Mentioned
    575 times
    Time Online
    62d 4h 17m
    Avg. Time Online
    21m

BTW I am not racist in any way and I have Caucasian roots in my family tree. Just to hear people talk about Mexicans out of their ass like that idiot Donald trump labeling them is absurd.
    Yeah I bet! he will likely damage the country not understanding that the world is a changing place.

Hillary will likely win I reckon why not break records a second time in a row with first female president

You didn't come off a racist btw I think anyone could see your point of view well I hope!

Quote Originally Posted by Brittanee View Post
    Yep. These people need somewhere safe to be and not in a war stricken country. I've heard many positive things about the refugees and the people who have taken them in haven't had problems. Our country needs to stop trying to be a breeding ground for hate because THATS how bad things happen.
    More hate then anything all my American friends I meet in games tell me the same thing normally hating on the government which I didn't think was as bad as it looks and the hate people go on about even down to the smallest things.

Fuck if America was a war zone you'd want to leave right if you had a option to another western world if you weren't needed in the war?

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    27/0
    Mentioned
    1,191 times
    Time Online
    162d 23h 43m
    Avg. Time Online
    57m
    Yes. Enough said.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Cath For This Useful Post:

Naked Gamer (11-18-2015)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    37/0
    Mentioned
    376 times
    Time Online
    58d 2h 18m
    Avg. Time Online
    22m

A million times this. I haven't been unemployed for more than 24 hours since I was 16. I've done everything from lawn care and landscaping, to warehouse work, to corporate office work, healthcare, and now i work on a fucking pig farm. If you can't get a job, you're either not trying or you're a career criminal. Get off your entitled spoon-fed ass and work for your money.

Anyway that was off topic. I welcome the refugees. And if some of them are terrorists, fuck it. Saving many is better than turning a blind eye to blanket bombing a civilization because of some rebels. And I'm ready to fight and die for my country whether it be ISIS or a corrupt government trying to take my weapons away to make me "safer". I will shoot you. Don't ever doubt that.

14. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Misha For This Useful Post:

Amber (11-18-2015),cookiemunster (11-18-2015),Persephone (11-19-2015),Rainey (11-18-2015),Shizuku (11-20-2015)