Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Would anyone be interested in a fitness/exercise motivation or challenge group?

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    5/0
    Mentioned
    636 times
    Time Online
    88d 2h 58m
    Avg. Time Online
    33m
    Quote Originally Posted by Cath View Post
    What kind of exercices are you doing?
    To be quite honest, I exercise a *lot* now - nothing difficult, but I just enjoy it. I usually spend at least 30 minutes on the elliptical 5 days a week and I do 30 minutes of weights and abs. That's only if I don't go to the gym a second time or do a workout video, which adds another 30+ minutes of whatever I feel like doing.

But when I first started losing weight, I only did 30 minutes on the elliptical 5 days a week, and that's when I was losing the majority of my weight. Now I'm trying to break this pleateau and sculpt my body more, which is why I added in the extra stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by I_royalty_I View Post
    The gym is going to be slammed with people who decide to start new years resolutions though. I'll probably start with some cardio through the park with some core before/after. The diet shouldn't be much of an issue once the holidays are over. Once you get started, it's easy to keep it going. It's just that initial push.
    Yesssss, I'm not at all looking forward to the new year at the gym, hahah. I work out at the fitness room at my work every day (where I'm usually the only one), but I also have a gym membership in case I feel like going at night or on the weekends... but I hate working out around so many people, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Maison View Post
    I contracted Mono!!! Not something you want to try working out with LOL
    Noooooo! That sucks. Sorry about that! Definitely rest and don't push yourself with that, LOL.

Quote Originally Posted by Octopus View Post
    I'm definitely interested!
    Awesome!!

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    30/0
    Mentioned
    1,998 times
    Time Online
    437d 22h 14m
    Avg. Time Online
    2h 29m
    Quote Originally Posted by rachel View Post
    Yesssss, I'm not at all looking forward to the new year at the gym, hahah. I work out at the fitness room at my work every day (where I'm usually the only one), but I also have a gym membership in case I feel like going at night or on the weekends... but I hate working out around so many people, lol.
    Having the gym at work is a pretty great option. I hope they have showers too lol
    I don't mind working out with other people around, but it gets intimidating when these big ass dudes keep throwing weight on the bar and im just confused how or why any human would need to lift that much. A few times I've had people come up to me and give me pointers when I was working on my form with different things. It's helpful to have somebody else watch and let you know where to improve sometimes. Other than that, headphones on and zone out the world.
    What's my definition of success?
    Creating something no one else can
    Being brave enough to dream big
    Grindin' when you're told to just quit
    Giving more when you got nothin' left

Thanks
    DL/UL
    84/1
    Mentioned
    533 times
    Time Online
    134d 9h 16m
    Avg. Time Online
    52m
    I'm definitely interested.

These next two weeks are actually going to be my last of junk food. Cuttin' it all out. Goin' cold turkey.
    I'd rather pack on muscle to this 105 pound miniature body.

So count me in!

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    30/0
    Mentioned
    1,998 times
    Time Online
    437d 22h 14m
    Avg. Time Online
    2h 29m
    Quote Originally Posted by Mophead View Post
    I'm definitely interested.

These next two weeks are actually going to be my last of junk food. Cuttin' it all out. Goin' cold turkey.
    I'd rather pack on muscle to this 105 pound miniature body.

So count me in!
    Probably not best to cut it out entirely. Do it slowly. If you cut it out entirely, you will crave it throughout the week and you'll think that it will be okay to get some because you have done so well. Just use moderation and you'll be good. Instead of grabbing that bag of chips and taking it with you, toss some on a plate and grab and apple or something like that. After a few weeks of healthy eating, it will seem less like a punishment and more of a normal, everdya sort of thing.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to I_royalty_I For This Useful Post:

Mophead (12-20-2015)

Thanks
    DL/UL
    84/1
    Mentioned
    533 times
    Time Online
    134d 9h 16m
    Avg. Time Online
    52m
    Quote Originally Posted by I_royalty_I View Post
    Probably not best to cut it out entirely. Do it slowly. If you cut it out entirely, you will crave it throughout the week and you'll think that it will be okay to get some because you have done so well. Just use moderation and you'll be good. Instead of grabbing that bag of chips and taking it with you, toss some on a plate and grab and apple or something like that. After a few weeks of healthy eating, it will seem less like a punishment and more of a normal, everdya sort of thing.
    That doesn't sound nearly as unforgiving actually. I'm sure it'll help keep my sane a bit more too when I start to crave things. Caffeine is gonna be the hardest thing to drop.
    But I'll find some way to moderate that a lot more to where I don't want it like you're saying.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    30/0
    Mentioned
    1,998 times
    Time Online
    437d 22h 14m
    Avg. Time Online
    2h 29m
    Quote Originally Posted by Mophead View Post
    That doesn't sound nearly as unforgiving actually. I'm sure it'll help keep my sane a bit more too when I start to crave things. Caffeine is gonna be the hardest thing to drop.
    But I'll find some way to moderate that a lot more to where I don't want it like you're saying.
    Caffeine can be tough. For me, it was soda. My parents re did their kitchen and put in a little mini fridge that was always loaded with anything you could want to drink. It was way too easy to grab a soda everytime I went downstairs, grab one when I go out anywhere, literally any time. It's so unhealthy to be drinking all that soda and sugary drinks though and I didn't realize how dependent on them I was until I started cutting them out. I still drink soda, but it's only every now and then. I get water when I go out to restaurants, water or unsweetened tea with meals. If caffeine is your weakness, I'd say go cold turkey on that one. You can do that. It might suck for a bit because you'll feel like you NEED the caffeine but give it a week with no caffeine and I promise you'll feel so much better!

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    5/0
    Mentioned
    636 times
    Time Online
    88d 2h 58m
    Avg. Time Online
    33m
    I think when it comes to cutting things out, you definitely have to pick your battles.

I have to cut out candy completely cold turkey because I have zero self control with it. I either eat none or I eat waaaaay more than I should - there is no such thing as "one or two pieces" for me. I know it's ridiculous, but I don't know how to stop, LOL. It doesn't help that one of my co-workers brings in candy alllllll the time - we always have multiple bags of chocolate sitting around for anyone to grab some, and it's like my biggest downfall.

With most everything else, I'm usually pretty good about it. I've always allowed myself one cheat meal per week to get whatever I want. Then, if I have a craving throughout the week for something, I'll push it off until Saturday. If I have multiple cravings for different things (like Taco Bell versus pizza or something), I'll push them both off until Saturday and pick whichever one I want more on Saturday. That way, if I pick Taco Bell over pizza, I know I really didn't want pizza as badly as I thought I did when I was craving it.

So definitely keep some flexibility for those cravings, buuuuut some things are just best to cut out completely, especially if you're like me and know you have no self control with them, hahaha.

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to rachel For This Useful Post:

Aska (12-20-2015),Mophead (12-20-2015)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    11/0
    Mentioned
    140 times
    Time Online
    31d 23h 18m
    Avg. Time Online
    12m
    Caffine is a hard one for me. I've been working mornings (4am) for about a month at my coffee shop job and it kinda goes in cycles. One week I'll be fine - no double shot over ice needed. Then all the sudden I'll be tired constantly so I'll be drinking the expresso for about 3 days straight and it's like I'm addicted. I can't stop yawning. Crabby. Seemingly coming off caffine?? My sleep schedule isn't so bad lately. 5 days a week I'll go to the gym for an hour and a half, after work. 1 hour of cardio, 30 mins of weight machines, I guess their called??
    Anyways, @(you need an account to see links) and @(you need an account to see links) you guys have some good methods of controlling junk food eating and those cravings omg! Definitely giving the cheat meal a try. I tend to think it's ok a little too often lol

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Octopus For This Useful Post:

I_royalty_I (12-21-2015),rachel (12-21-2015)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    34/0
    Mentioned
    315 times
    Time Online
    49d 2h 15m
    Avg. Time Online
    16m
    Following what Andrew said, sodas are a must remove if you are looking to lose weight. Furthermore if you are guilty of drinking your calories then cutting back and eventually eliminating them will do absolute wonders for your waistline. Now I know a lot of people basically main line soda, fruit drinks, and alcohol but if you are guilty of consuming a lot then you really need to make it your first step to cut back on the empty calories. This includes all soda, all fruit drinks, all mixes, beer (if that is your elixir of choice), sweet tea, lattes, frappes, slurpees, any whipped drink toppings, and all energy drinks. Water and tea is basically your two options. No sugar in either. And you can pile on the lemon slices, orange slices whatever fruit slice you want in your water if you do not like it plain. Once you are used to not having those sugary drink you can introduce the odd beer for example or glass of red wine. But by then you will know you must treat that drink as a treat and not something you guzzle down.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Sci_Girl For This Useful Post:

I_royalty_I (12-21-2015)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    30/0
    Mentioned
    1,998 times
    Time Online
    437d 22h 14m
    Avg. Time Online
    2h 29m
    Cutting out soda was the first thing I did. There were weeks when Id have none, but get the itch to grab one. Then other weeks Id give in and have one everyday. Eventually I found a balance. I usually only have soda when I eat pizza now. I'll have some pizza, grab a soda and that's good. Every other time, it's water. You've got to do what works for you, pick your battles.

Beer is the worst. When im hanging out with my friends, they are always drinking beer. I will partake of course, but beer is basically a meal by itself. I feel so full after a night of drinking beer and the term beer belly really makes sense. I usually prefer liquor now as it can get the job done faster. I enjoy going to tap houses and such but I usually only get one or two smaller beers to try out the local selections. It's all a balance game.
    Ive given myself a pass for the holidays because there are going to be so many parties and get togethers. Such a struggle but so many good times.