Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Need a useful personal workout guide.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    41/0
    Mentioned
    1,446 times
    Time Online
    368d 17h 50m
    Avg. Time Online
    2h 7m

Need a useful personal workout guide.

Hey guys, I have been hitting the gym about 3-4 times a week (which is as much as I can). I have noticed some results such as me losing weight, and replacing it right with muscle. Its great, and now my arms/chest are a noticeable size. HOWEVER, I still have a problem. After drinking for the last 7ish years, I've got a tiny bit of a beer gut that needs to fuck off.

So this is what I have started doing;
    1) No longer eating out whenever possible. Only subway/Timmys the odd time.
    2) I have started a keto diet. I have cut down greatly on carbs, and just been eating meats and dairy.
    3) I still drink, but have cut down to a day or two a week and drink vodka+orange, vodka+water or Caesars. Fucking love tomato juice.
    4) I smoke a cigarello or two a day, not sure if this matters.

Anyways, I just want to lose a bit of the gut, and look a bit more cut.

Thanks in advance.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    2/0
    Mentioned
    120 times
    Time Online
    42d 21h 50m
    Avg. Time Online
    15m
    Tomato juice is repulsing...tomato and vodka gagging at the thought. No bloody marys. *thumbs down*

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    12/0
    Mentioned
    970 times
    Time Online
    279d 7h 42m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 36m
    I got a workout for you...

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kylae For This Useful Post:

Bettser (10-22-2013),Drizzy (10-22-2013)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    2/0
    Mentioned
    120 times
    Time Online
    42d 21h 50m
    Avg. Time Online
    15m

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    1,368 times
    Time Online
    131d 12h 4m
    Avg. Time Online
    45m
    1. Do you even cardio, brah? If you only lift, then you're gonna get beefy while losing definition.

2. Do crunches instead, whenever you feel like jerkin' yer meat.

3. Smoking still attributes to weight gain/retention to a minor degree. Inflammation, hormonal changes, etc.

4. If I catch you on TC with a beer can, do I get to mock you?

And if you want to get real cut real quick, then...

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    36/0
    Mentioned
    166 times
    Time Online
    93d 23h 10m
    Avg. Time Online
    35m
    Just do Insanity.
    Stop eating. Just drink water + insanity for a month & you're a boss.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to VitaminX For This Useful Post:

Raj (10-23-2013)

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    84 times
    Time Online
    10d 36m
    Avg. Time Online
    3m
    going along w/ whatever weird ass diet fad this 'keto' is will be fucking u up later. low-carb (but??? dairy?? why) will make u drop hella weight but u have very little to build off of, and u will most likely crash at some point because we need carbs. we really do. when i went no/low-carb it felt like when i had anorexia. (dizzy spells, unsteady heartbeat, the whole nine yards.)

my best recommendation is to get off any sort of preset diet, because not everything works for everybody, and just because u lose weight doesnt mean its good for ya. make changes in how u eat so that it leaves a lasting impression on u. restricting urself is pointless, and leads to binging and then guilt.

also heads up that (you need an account to see links), and tbh subway sandwiches are able to be as bad as any fast food u could find. cooking for urself is the best bet: if u have the money, try going (you need an account to see links). ive been vegan (tho not raw vegan b/c $$$ lol) for a year and a half now, and ive been in the best shape of my life.

one of my favourite, quicker (ab) workouts is:

-1 minute plank
    -15 bicycle crunches
    -30 second side plank (right)
    -15 bicycle crunches
    -30 seconds side plank (left)
    -15 reverse crunches
    -15 hip ups
    -1 minute v-sit

takes about 5 minutes; easy to do and shows nice results. (so ive been told )

long-distance, low-impact running builds lean, toned legs. short-distance, high-impact running builds muscular, defined legs. take ur pick. i try to get in at least an hour of cardio a day, and it DOESNT all have to be at once.

LOTS OF WATER U CANT HAVE TOO MUCH WATER DONT LISTEN TO ANYONE THAT SAYS U CAN BECAUSE TBH...

i think thats? about it! good luck and dont forget ur cute no matter what! ^___^

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    41/0
    Mentioned
    1,446 times
    Time Online
    368d 17h 50m
    Avg. Time Online
    2h 7m
    Quote Originally Posted by Mod View Post
    1. Do you even cardio, brah? If you only lift, then you're gonna get beefy while losing definition.

2. Do crunches instead, whenever you feel like jerkin' yer meat.

3. Smoking still attributes to weight gain/retention to a minor degree. Inflammation, hormonal changes, etc.

4. If I catch you on TC with a beer can, do I get to mock you?

And if you want to get real cut real quick, then...

@(you need an account to see links) I thought drinking water was actually really important? Explain this no water thing. What would I drink then?

Quote Originally Posted by VitaminX View Post
    Just do Insanity.
    Stop eating. Just drink water + insanity for a month & you're a boss.
    Did insanity and P90X before. Im looking to build from those

Quote Originally Posted by fruitbat View Post
    going along w/ whatever weird ass diet fad this 'keto' is will be fucking u up later. low-carb (but??? dairy?? why) will make u drop hella weight but u have very little to build off of, and u will most likely crash at some point because we need carbs. we really do. when i went no/low-carb it felt like when i had anorexia. (dizzy spells, unsteady heartbeat, the whole nine yards.)

my best recommendation is to get off any sort of preset diet, because not everything works for everybody, and just because u lose weight doesnt mean its good for ya. make changes in how u eat so that it leaves a lasting impression on u. restricting urself is pointless, and leads to binging and then guilt.

also heads up that (you need an account to see links), and tbh subway sandwiches are able to be as bad as any fast food u could find. cooking for urself is the best bet: if u have the money, try going (you need an account to see links). ive been vegan (tho not raw vegan b/c $$$ lol) for a year and a half now, and ive been in the best shape of my life.

one of my favourite, quicker (ab) workouts is:

-1 minute plank
    -15 bicycle crunches
    -30 second side plank (right)
    -15 bicycle crunches
    -30 seconds side plank (left)
    -15 reverse crunches
    -15 hip ups
    -1 minute v-sit

takes about 5 minutes; easy to do and shows nice results. (so ive been told )

long-distance, low-impact running builds lean, toned legs. short-distance, high-impact running builds muscular, defined legs. take ur pick. i try to get in at least an hour of cardio a day, and it DOESNT all have to be at once.

LOTS OF WATER U CANT HAVE TOO MUCH WATER DONT LISTEN TO ANYONE THAT SAYS U CAN BECAUSE TBH...

i think thats? about it! good luck and dont forget ur cute no matter what! ^___^
    I'll try out that workout Thank ya.

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    1,368 times
    Time Online
    131d 12h 4m
    Avg. Time Online
    45m
    Quote Originally Posted by Bettser View Post
    @(you need an account to see links) I thought drinking water was actually really important? Explain this no water thing. What would I drink then?
    I was jay kay about that,

It's a legit technique, but not sustainable and damaging in the long run - you feel on edge and shitty because you're basically starving yourself.
    Peeps usually minimize meal size & water intake days before a bodybuilding comp to get ultra cut for the show, then gorge to get back up there as soon as it's over.

If you ever need an extra boost of aesthetics for a day or two, then go "no-water".

---

This is a guy who's been leaning for 4 years, went on what I said for a few days before his show.
    But yeah, he was dying in the meantime:

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Mod For This Useful Post:

fruitbat (10-22-2013)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    41/0
    Mentioned
    1,446 times
    Time Online
    368d 17h 50m
    Avg. Time Online
    2h 7m
    Quote Originally Posted by Mod View Post
    I was jay kay about that,

It's a legit technique, but not sustainable and damaging in the long run - you feel on edge and shitty because you're basically starving yourself.
    Peeps usually minimize meal size & water intake days before a bodybuilding comp to get ultra cut for the show, then gorge to get back up there as soon as it's over.

If you ever need an extra boost of aesthetics for a day or two, then go "no-water".

---

This is a guy who's been leaning for 4 years, went on what I said for a few days before his show.
    But yeah, he was dying in the meantime:

I was gonna say. I drink a ton of water xD