Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Should there be a price limit on UCs?

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    30/0
    Mentioned
    1,998 times
    Time Online
    437d 22h 14m
    Avg. Time Online
    2h 29m
    This has never really been an issue before, so I don't see why it has become one now. It's just that everyone wants a quicksale now a days, but that makes no sense because it's not like there are other people who are sitting there thinking... you know what.. nah I wanna hold onto this for a year first, no rush. Everybody wants to sell their shit and get money for it. You could undercut the hell out of people, but it's all about trying to maintain a balance. I could sell UC's for $5 a piece and pretty much never run out.... but I'm not going to do that because that would kill any value the pets might have and make it impossible for others to sell as well. I'm not sitting here charging $400 for uc plushie peophins either, I use the guide as a guide and not set in stone. But just be reasonable with how you price things. As long as you do that, everything will be fine and everyone will be happy.
    What's my definition of success?
    Creating something no one else can
    Being brave enough to dream big
    Grindin' when you're told to just quit
    Giving more when you got nothin' left

Saiyan Race
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    23/36
    Mentioned
    3,871 times
    Time Online
    564d 11h 47m
    Avg. Time Online
    3h 13m
    There should not because there is not an unlimited supply of UC pets. Think about it...
    (you need an account to see links)
    (you need an account to see links)(you need an account to see links)

------------------------
    [02/24/2013] Stealth CORE is made into the first standalone Neopets auto-player.
    ------------------------

3. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to j03 For This Useful Post:

|2eap (11-07-2014),Cheese (11-07-2014),radius (11-08-2014)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    16/0
    Mentioned
    1,992 times
    Time Online
    279d 19h 4m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 35m
    Quote Originally Posted by bubbalouie View Post
    I think thats stupid as hell lmao
    I think the 'set price' of neopoints is fucking dumb too
    It's called a free market, just because you don't want to sell your UC royal for $60 doesnt mean somebody else cant sell it for whatever the hell they want.
    Frankly I don't find Drizzy's guide all that accurate either considering the value of UC pets goes up and down all the damn time
    Tell me why it's dumb.
    I'd love for you to explain it to me.
    Do you know how this economy has managed to stay afloat over the past few years?
    Do you know why this is the strongest neopets forum?
    Because of these 'fucking dumb set rules'

The guide was written at the start of 2013
    That's almost 2 years ago now.
    Either way if you bothered to read the spoiler you'd see this staring back at you
    Please keep in mind, this is a guide only - prices of individual pets vary from one seller to another.
    You could find someone selling a UC Faerie Draik for 150USD or someone might want 100USD for their UC Mutant Usul.
    Things change, back then were was only a couple of people capable of selling all UCs
    And UC's weren't sold in bulk either. Now almost every third/fourth seller has a stock of UC pets to sell.
    The only reason the price's are going down is because people lack patience to sell things at their true value.
    Not saying the guide is true value, but I sure as shit know UC Grey Krawks aren't worth $100 either when I have sold 3 over the past couple years for $200+
    Maybe the guide needs a revamp, I'll see if I can look into it soon.
    Last edited by Drizzy; 11-11-2014 at 09:31 PM.

Hello I am retired.

Quote Originally Posted by Serrah
    Why would I need to buy from anyone else anyways? You're practically walmart
    (you need an account to see links) || (you need an account to see links)

5. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Drizzy For This Useful Post:

Lagan (11-11-2014),Miri (11-11-2014),♥ Munna ♥ (11-13-2014),Q*bert (11-11-2014)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    75/0
    Mentioned
    822 times
    Time Online
    111d 11h 4m
    Avg. Time Online
    40m
    It all comes down to, too many people selling, not enough people buying.

Where everyone got their UC's beats the hell out of me, individual UC's i've sold over the course of about a year between my site and here is around 200 pets.

Right now there is like 200 pets being offered on this forum alone from various sellers.

It seems as if no one comes here to cheat anymore, but to come here and sell. It's like their get rich quick scheme or something. Well let me ask you, do you feel rich yet?

7. The Following User Says Thank You to |2eap For This Useful Post:

Lagan (11-11-2014)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    16/0
    Mentioned
    220 times
    Time Online
    38d 18h 14m
    Avg. Time Online
    15m
    Price limit will equal people selling elsewhere, nobody wants to be lead around on a leash.

Not everybody has their own website to sell on.

Last edited by Tablo; 11-11-2014 at 10:03 PM.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    41/0
    Mentioned
    1,446 times
    Time Online
    368d 17h 50m
    Avg. Time Online
    2h 6m
    Quote Originally Posted by Tablo View Post
    Price limit will equal people selling elsewhere, nobody wants to be lead around on a leash.

Not everybody has their own website to sell on.

I wonder why there's too many people selling atm, and why the market is flooded Just saying. Not firing shots, just it is why its so flooded atm. Those gambles run by you and several others are the reason of the decrease in all UC prices.

Oh, and pcol.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    16/0
    Mentioned
    220 times
    Time Online
    38d 18h 14m
    Avg. Time Online
    15m
    Quote Originally Posted by Bettser View Post
    I wonder why there's too many people selling atm, and why the market is flooded Just saying. Not firing shots, just it is why its so flooded atm. Those gambles run by you and several others are the reason of the decrease in all UC prices.

Oh, and pcol.
    The reason I started the gambling services in the first place was because product moved so incredibly slowly when given prices which did not warrant angry messages on accounts of how low they were.

I have a feeling this problem is more of a very high supply and dwindling demand problem, rather than a Tablo ruined the market with a service that lasted around 3 weeks problem.

For that problem I place the blame on the lovely
    contributors on pcol and Jump "whats a rollback?" start.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    41/0
    Mentioned
    1,446 times
    Time Online
    368d 17h 50m
    Avg. Time Online
    2h 6m
    Quote Originally Posted by Tablo View Post
    The reason I started the gambling services in the first place was because product moved so incredibly slowly when given prices which did not warrant angry messages on accounts of how low they were.

I have a feeling this problem is more of a very high supply and dwindling demand problem, rather than a Tablo ruined the market with a service that lasted around 3 weeks problem.

For that problem I place the blame on the lovely
    contributors on pcol and Jump "whats a rollback?" start.
    Im not placing the sole blame on you lol. There are others and they know who they are lol.

Like I agree there should be updates to the guide now, but the reason is because of those gambles. Prices were fine for the years before those gambles.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    2/0
    Mentioned
    243 times
    Time Online
    45d 4h 18m
    Avg. Time Online
    18m
    I don't think it's anyone in particular's fault, nor even JS or pcol (which has been much less active lately).

It's just a general trend supply and demand, tons of people selling, few people buying. If a product isn't moving, it makes sense for people to lower their prices to get a sale. Same if things are selling like hotcakes, people will tend to increase prices.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    32/0
    Mentioned
    312 times
    Time Online
    77d 22h 42m
    Avg. Time Online
    30m
    Lets bring the gambles back i vote yes. It was actually exciting to see people go crazy with buying gambles. The Neo trade section has been slow lately imo.

• Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast