Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: What is it about Neopets that keeps you?

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    81/0
    Mentioned
    191 times
    Time Online
    45d 20h 47m
    Avg. Time Online
    17m
    I just make sure my UCs are okay. Outside of that, I don't really bother to login anymore. I didn't really believe I'd ever reach that point but most of my friends are gone and i don't want to make new friends.

Thanks
    DL/UL
    50/0
    Mentioned
    257 times
    Time Online
    104d 6h 37m
    Avg. Time Online
    37m
    $$$ is the only reason I've stuck around.

Thanks
    DL/UL
    1096/0
    Mentioned
    213 times
    Time Online
    59d 13h 45m
    Avg. Time Online
    20m
    $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ Enough Said !!!!!

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    31/0
    Mentioned
    69 times
    Time Online
    58d 20h 10m
    Avg. Time Online
    22m
    My pets i guess thete isnt anything worthwhile on the site anymore for me. Just training, a bit of nc and thats it. I could imagine disneyland not being so magic if you are dealing with asshole tourists all day lmao.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Meepit For This Useful Post:

goldentryst (05-07-2015)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    31/0
    Mentioned
    161 times
    Time Online
    36d 2h 40m
    Avg. Time Online
    12m
    i've been playing it for 14 years on and off... it was my gallery, and now since i'm creating a new theme i've kinda got myself back into it. i do like pet trading, random events, and having something to do. having goals, neopets or not, is just really... satisfying? working towards it gives you something to do, and achieving it makes you feel good. obtaining a pet you want, saving for something (legitimately saving i mean lol) is cathartic sometimes. yeah, you get turned down on trades, but idk.

does this make sense

blessed by @Clefairy for a prosperous and eggy 2022
    and blessed by @honeycomb with snek on a string crowley ily

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Crowley For This Useful Post:

goldentryst (05-07-2015)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    260/0
    Mentioned
    243 times
    Time Online
    47d 2h 2m
    Avg. Time Online
    18m
    I am in similar boat as you!!! I never thought about buying prior to 2012/2013 I mean I knew about it but never bought anything... but I just like the thought of having something to go to for escape in addition to Pokemon and Sims

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Spoildlittleme For This Useful Post:

goldentryst (05-07-2015)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    52/0
    Mentioned
    26 times
    Time Online
    5d 9h 6m
    Avg. Time Online
    2m
    Nostalgia, i opened my first account when i was under ten years od i guess and i always tried to become rich, of course that age i was just not patient enough and didnt even know how to make good money, and now that i can, i just feel like i am making my childhood complete, i kinda feel bad for buying np with real cash but it was just a shortcut. I was the happiest when i got my first milion without cheating at all, only doing my dailies, selling items, and playing games. Neopets has something magical in it

11. The Following User Says Thank You to TwistyBR For This Useful Post:

goldentryst (05-07-2015)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    2/0
    Mentioned
    38 times
    Time Online
    8d 22h 51m
    Avg. Time Online
    3m
    Quote Originally Posted by Naoto View Post
    i've been playing it for 14 years on and off... it was my gallery, and now since i'm creating a new theme i've kinda got myself back into it. i do like pet trading, random events, and having something to do. having goals, neopets or not, is just really... satisfying? working towards it gives you something to do, and achieving it makes you feel good. obtaining a pet you want, saving for something (legitimately saving i mean lol) is cathartic sometimes. yeah, you get turned down on trades, but idk.

does this make sense
    I actually get what you mean. There's a lot of goal-orientated activities on Neopets. You can strive to read the most books/feed the gourmet foods to your pet; games and trophies; avatars; or just stockpile NP for no reason. At one point I was very obsessed with gallery themes myself. It does feel good to save up and see the progress little by little

Nostalgia, i opened my first account when i was under ten years od i guess and i always tried to become rich, of course that age i was just not patient enough and didnt even know how to make good money, and now that i can, i just feel like i am making my childhood complete, i kinda feel bad for buying np with real cash but it was just a shortcut. I was the happiest when i got my first milion without cheating at all, only doing my dailies, selling items, and playing games. Neopets has something magical in it
    I feel the same! It's as though I'm making my childhood complete, although in a pretty shady way. But regardless what's the point when an enormous amount of people cheat and this game is going downhill anyway. I know that feeling of reaching your first million (legitly hehe) ^_^ Def. magical.

@(you need an account to see links) Sims is the (@#$*
    Last edited by goldentryst; 05-07-2015 at 12:33 AM.

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to goldentryst For This Useful Post:

♥ Crowley ♥ (05-07-2015),TwistyBR (05-08-2015)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    13/0
    Mentioned
    3 times
    Time Online
    1d 9h 33m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    I quit Neopets years at a time and come back for a bit sometimes longer. Their communities are terrible. Guilds are terrible. Anything that involves talking to people on their site is terrible. I spent childhood wanting certain junk on that site, from avatars to painted pets. Now I'm just like? Two dollars for 1 mill NPs? Hell yeah I'll take that. I probably never earned that much legit. I used to be so hardcore about being legit as a kid. Sitting there at four in the morning hoping to RS some garbage LOL. It's a sad game but I still come back...and play their stupid games. I'm a University graduate, working as an accountant LOL. As I am typing this I actually have no idea why I came back this time? Maybe buy some NPs, get some cute pets, quit, and forget all my info all over again haha. Why I come back to Neopets is kind of like why I have been playing Animal Crossing: New Leaf since it came out and to this day. It's cute, you collect stuff, which is like the hoarder's dream! I am also always curious whether as an adult now, if I can even get what I used to want as a kid legitimately. Then I think about the effort and obsessiveness I will need to attempt at say, games, legit, and then I put that thought in the back burner.
    Last edited by Plush; 05-08-2015 at 02:50 PM.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Plush For This Useful Post:

goldentryst (05-10-2015)

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    7 times
    Time Online
    7d 4h 52m
    Avg. Time Online
    2m
    I think it's just a good escape from reality sometimes.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to destructive For This Useful Post:

goldentryst (05-10-2015)