Thanks
    Mentioned
    2 times
    Time Online
    5h 49m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    Quote Originally Posted by WeepingAngel View Post
    It would only be unsustainable if you returned to your previous eating habits. It's help to kickstart you into eating properly, especially if you are severely overweight and need to lose a lot of weight. It is fat loss, because the HCG is taking nutrients out of your body's fat stores.

I can't explain it as well as the website can.
    (you need an account to see links)

But it was featured on Dr. Oz, The Today Show, and a few other reputable sources as being a legitimate diet and not a passing fad.

---------- Post added at 07:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:32 PM ----------

Also, I could be wrong about 40 pounds in a month - all I know is that she lost that much and she could have been doing it over a two month period, although it's not recommended to do it for longer than forty days.
    I had a patient, who was an MD, who went on this to lose weight that she had gained post-car accident that left her wheelchair bound for a few months. It seemed a little debatable to me, but she swore by it and the calories she did eat were fruits, vegetables, and lean protein.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    28/0
    Mentioned
    40 times
    Time Online
    13d 7h 24m
    Avg. Time Online
    4m
    I know what you mean, it sounds crazy But it's meant to be something that will help introduce you to eating healthy and sticking to a proper diet. They only recommend you do the drops and a low calorie diet for a month, then slowly incorporate certain foods back. (Healthy foods, of course!)

I just got my drops in the mail today (!!!) so I will update you on how it goes.
    Yeah do keep me updated. Would be interesting to see how effective the diet truly is.
    Oh yeah and another thing.
    Does your friend ever complain of lose skin?
    Cause i had a little bit of lose skin after going through with my diet.
    Thankfully, its gone now

Anyways best of luck to both of you!

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    1,368 times
    Time Online
    131d 12h 4m
    Avg. Time Online
    45m
    Quote Originally Posted by watersniper View Post
    personally I lost 15kg from 58kg in 6 months just by cutting out salt.
    (O_O)

Shit bro.

Thanks
    DL/UL
    44/1
    Mentioned
    562 times
    Time Online
    118d 6h 45m
    Avg. Time Online
    40m
    Friend of mine had a gastric bypass and now shes pretty stunning.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    15/0
    Mentioned
    117 times
    Time Online
    11d 15h 7m
    Avg. Time Online
    4m
    Quote Originally Posted by Wrath View Post
    I'm more or less a beached whale.
    You're one intelligent whale.

Tl;dr I'm fat, halp me lose weight.
    Anyway, I need some ideas for some BASIC workout shits.
    Cardio, diet and activity modification will never fail you.
    Sounds tough, I know I know but this doesn't mean that you need do it abruptly. What you should do is make a goal, and start with small modifications. The hard part is maintaining as this involves self discipline.
    I was also really fat before and it was really hard to lose weight. I somehow managed to start losing weight when I imposed "rules" on myself like:
    1. Get your arse off the couch.
    I know it's hard especially when you're glued to your PC/laptop. Try cutting down your internet time by x mins or hrs every x set of day/s.
    eg. Day 1: 4hrs
    Day 2: 3hrs 40mins
    Day 3: 3hrs 20mins
    Day 4: 3hrs
    and so on until you reach your desired number of hours of PC usage.
    Set a goal that you must decrease your internet or PC or video game usage by 2 to 4 hours and dedicate that time doing activities that require moving and exercising.

2. Get those fucking legs to work.
    Cardio is your best friend when you want to shed those extra fats and burn extra calories. Again, baby steps. For example:
    Day 1: Do walking for 500 meters or do 500 steps
    Day 2: Do walking for 750 meters or do 750 steps
    Day 3: Do walking for 1 km or do 1000 steps
    Day 4: REST
    Day 5: Do alternate walking and running for 500 meters
    Day 6: Do alternate walking and running for 750 meters
    Day 7: Do alternate walking and running for 1 km
    Day 8: REST
    Day 9: Do alternate walking and running for 30mins
    Day 10: Do alternate walking and running for 45mins
    and so on until you reach your desired distance/duration. Remember to take 1-2 days off a week to give your body time to rest and adjust to the new activity level.
    Right now I can do alternate walking and running for 3km without stopping and I maintain it at this rate. Sometimes I go 5km but that's just on some days when I feel like working out.

3. DIE or DIEt
    This, for me was one of the hardest to start because there are some days that you feel like binge eating. But always remember: set a goal, take small steps, maintain and discipline yourself.
    For example:
    Day 1-3: Decrease carbo and soda consumption by 10% per regular meal
    Day 4-6: by 15% per regular meal
    Day 7-8: by 20% per regular meal
    Day 9-11: by 30% per regular meal
    and so on until you reach your recommended daily allowance then maintain.
    I DON'T recommend eating ONLY during regular meals as this will make you eat more. Hence, in between regular meals try eating light (stress on the light) snacks. Since you have GERD, I recommend crackers or oatmeal. Assign a cheat day (DAY, okay not week.) where you can eat foods that you miss, don't overdo it though. If you can, it's best to consult your nutritionist so he/she can give you more tips.

Other tips:
    1. Also a trick I do is before I eat on a regular meal I drink 1-2 glasses of water so my stomach feels much more fuller thus you only eat less to reach that bloated feeling.
    2. Always remember not to put too much pressure on yourself as this will discourage you to continue the program you built for yourself. Although, don't be too lax as well as it will also lead to the same result. Always maintain a positive attitude toward changing yourself.
    3. Assign cheat days! Those days are your opportunity to stay a little longer with the PC and eat the food that you miss. But keep in mind, don't abuse your cheat day.
    4. If possible, include your significant others in this process of modification. Just like me, my mom would disconnect our internet if she notices that I don't do my workout and would only turn it on once I get home from running. Sometimes we need a little push.
    5. Do this change for yourself. Think about it, if you lose weight you don't just become healthier, you'll also probably get more ladies. Win-win situation.

They told me at the doctor I need to switch to six meals a day, but small meals to keep the metabolism going. Is this not a good idea? Tbh, I skip meals now. I don't eat much, and I think they were annoyed with that. When I eat, it's generally something like a ham sandwhich, some potato chips (not a ridiculous amount) and a few of those duplex cookies (around six). I don't like to eat because it makes me feel awful (stomach issues). If anything my calorie intake is mid-low for how much I would think it would be to maintain this gorgeous weight.

Though I do drink diet coke/pepsi a lot. I'll try and switch to just water, but it's gonna take some time. My pop and my cigarettes are like most people's alcohol and drugs. v_v
    Follow what the doctor said. Shed off some of those carbs and junk foods. Also taper down your pop consumption, aside from it's carbs, it's also bad for your GERD.
    I don't have a problem with cigs. I smoke as well and I read in a study that cigarettes help in decreasing food consumption because nicotine and the hormone that signals your brain that you are already full has the same receptor cells. I'm not sure if it's proven though but what the heck.

Sorry I didn't mean to post a lengthy one but I hope this helps!

---------- Post added at 06:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:38 PM ----------

I lost 15kg from 58kg in 6 months just by cutting out salt
    Are you somehow...a camel? That's a lot of water weight.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ken For This Useful Post:

Raj (07-05-2013),wrath (07-05-2013)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    16/1
    Mentioned
    8 times
    Time Online
    1d 23h 14m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    Quote Originally Posted by Mod View Post
    (O_O)

Shit bro.
    No shit. I'm an Asian girl so 58kg was really fat for someone so short.

It's not just water weight... esp since I'm still around 46kg now.
    Removing salt from the diet makes food taste like crap. And you cant eat out because food outside is full of salt. Essentially I was fasting from 7am to 4pm during schooltime everyday
    Last edited by watersniper; 07-06-2013 at 02:14 AM.

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    1,368 times
    Time Online
    131d 12h 4m
    Avg. Time Online
    45m
    No shit. I'm an Asian girl so 58kg was really fat for someone so short.
    You could've fooled me.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    16/1
    Mentioned
    8 times
    Time Online
    1d 23h 14m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    Well then you gotta decide which is true. I stand by that I'm a girl though If it even matters.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    31/0
    Mentioned
    199 times
    Time Online
    129d 11h 59m
    Avg. Time Online
    44m
    Quote Originally Posted by Mod View Post
    You could've fooled me.

i swear to god, at least every second post of yours cracks me up

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Allegra For This Useful Post:

Mod (07-06-2013)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    68/0
    Mentioned
    1,177 times
    Time Online
    96d 22h 1m
    Avg. Time Online
    33m
    @(you need an account to see links)

how's it been going so far? any improvements?