49/0
    Mentioned
    45 times
    Time Online
    13d 6h 30m
    Avg. Time Online
    7m
    Quote Originally Posted by Buizel View Post
    The ones about NT not being the white knight the fanbase portrays him as are definitely true. But of course, anything that comes from ck is just hearsay and cheaters being salty when you tell this to the hivemind. I guess ignorance must be bliss to some of those people.
    You would think the main pool of 'cheaters' would know who is full of it. Amazing how that goes right over their heads. I guess if you can program a bot, you can't be trusted. But, if you have personal backdoor access, you're a saviour. I'm no coder, but isn't that called an exploit? Therefore, no different?
    Thank you $Infected for the FANTASTIC upgrade to my forum look!

Saiyan Race
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    23/36
    Mentioned
    3,871 times
    Time Online
    564d 11h 47m
    Avg. Time Online
    3h 13m

FOOD CLUB BOTTER

Quote Originally Posted by Decepticon View Post
    Yeah, this... This had me scratching my head. I know a couple of bots aren't gonna be that much change to server stress, but 60k+ accounts?? That has to have some impact on servers
    And it does.

Don't believe everything you read, especially if it's from a random who's recently joined.

TNT upgraded their server resources a couple months ago and also turned down their StackPath integration. If you don't remember, the site was pretty laggy the majority of last year. FC bitter running thousands of accounts was likely why, as it happened during certain hours of the day.

The points made about our market are more likely to happen on these other shady sites, 100%. We actually have a bunch of mechanics in place to stop the scammers from trying to come back and attempt to scam again. Other sites don't!

There's nothing being proven or validated from this newbie's posts. A waste of my time but I'd like to at least shed light on the bullshit for others to be cautious.

Funny how they forgot to quote and respond to the part about them being a fresh face around here...
    (you need an account to see links)
    (you need an account to see links)(you need an account to see links)

------------------------
    [02/24/2013] Stealth CORE is made into the first standalone Neopets auto-player.
    ------------------------

3. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to j03 For This Useful Post:

♥ Decepticon ♥ (02-06-2024),FlyHard (02-08-2024),jmg (02-07-2024),Lyrichord (02-06-2024),nataurs (02-08-2024),Parrot (02-06-2024),♥ SomeClown ♥ (02-06-2024),Stardew (02-07-2024),Styx (02-06-2024),Zapdos (02-06-2024)

Pronouns
    She/Her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    164/0
    Mentioned
    166 times
    Time Online
    59d 21h 3m
    Avg. Time Online
    36m
    @(you need an account to see links) So you joined just for this discussion? Why THIS topic specifically?

Thank you Hollow for the shiny Minior art!
    Thank you ♥ hearts ♥ for the shiny Minior pumpkin!
    Mint born 11/15/2020

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    49/0
    Mentioned
    45 times
    Time Online
    13d 6h 30m
    Avg. Time Online
    7m
    This happened another time, recently, with the topic of nt. Right after the initial reddit blowup

'A friend sent them' by the way...
    Last edited by SomeClown; 02-06-2024 at 03:38 PM.
    Thank you $Infected for the FANTASTIC upgrade to my forum look!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to SomeClown For This Useful Post:

Hall (02-06-2024)

Pronouns
    they/them
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    26/0
    Mentioned
    27 times
    Time Online
    17d 23h 9m
    Avg. Time Online
    7m
    Quote Originally Posted by j03 View Post
    And it does.

Don't believe everything you read, especially if it's from a random who's recently joined.

TNT upgraded their server resources a couple months ago and also turned down their StackPath integration. If you don't remember, the site was pretty laggy the majority of last year. FC bitter running thousands of accounts was likely why, as it happened during certain hours of the day.

The points made about our market are more likely to happen on these other shady sites, 100%. We actually have a bunch of mechanics in place to stop the scammers from trying to come back and attempt to scam again. Other sites don't!

There's nothing being proven or validated from this newbie's posts. A waste of my time but I'd like to at least shed light on the bullshit for others to be cautious.

Funny how they forgot to quote and respond to the part about them being a fresh face around here...
    Yeah, I remember complaining a lot about the lag and StackPath last year. That makes more sense!
    I'm far from understanding the mysterious ways servers work, but it just seems to me that even 10%~5% of these accounts running simultaneously would obviously cause some significant stress on the servers. Even more so with what seemed like setup issues on TNT's end; I always assumed the massive botting by this "FC botter" just made things much worse.

(Also, I'd like to say that personally, I've never really found another place that seem as secure as cK when it comes to buying/selling, even with other petsites. All the shady third party websites I've seen seem super sketchy. I wouldn't trust my payment info, much less the safety of the account stuff is delivered to and the accounts I'd funnel what I bought to. Plus, a past incident involving trades on another game was super well handled by staff from what I recall, that only boosted my feelings that cK is actually safer than whatever alternatives are out there lol)

Bui bui!
    Pronouns
    She/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    67/0
    Mentioned
    713 times
    Time Online
    356d 5h 7m
    Avg. Time Online
    2h 12m
    I used to buy on other third party sites that dealt with RMT outside of Neopets (COD, Fortnite, Runescape, ect.) and those sites always led to me getting hit by a reversal of some kind or just poor salesmanship in general. For those sites, they only see dollar signs in their eyes, so sellers usually don't care what happens to a buyer a day or two after the sale.

Here though, you really get a more personal connection since we are Neopets concentric and also partake in other activities to help interact with the community (Ryus, events). I can think of maybe just one or two bad experiences here throughout being here for 10+ years as opposed to those other sites.

Ryu adoptable made by Stardust
    Waving Buizel avatar made/animated by Da Plushee Boree
    Buimeleon made by Hare
    Static User bar & Anarchy Buizel made by honeycomb
    Name User bar made by Lyrichord
    Buizel Ryus made by Zapdos & GWN, respectfully
    Cutey Buizel made by Wooloo
    Buizel gif User bar made by Zenitsu
    Vector Buizel made by Hollow
    Ryu Buizel User bar made by Dero
    Christmas Buizel made by DankRUSE

National Dex Number: 418
    Type: Water
    Sea Weasel Pokemon

9. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Buizel For This Useful Post:

♥ Decepticon ♥ (02-06-2024),I_royalty_I (02-07-2024),kittyray (02-06-2024),♥ SomeClown ♥ (02-07-2024)

Saiyan Race
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    23/36
    Mentioned
    3,871 times
    Time Online
    564d 11h 47m
    Avg. Time Online
    3h 13m
    How can you comment on our market when you have 0 trade feedback?

The other sites are the real gamble. You don't have rated traders and you're likely to get a reversal or dispute whether it's a day later or something more long-term.
    (you need an account to see links)(you need an account to see links)

------------------------
    [02/24/2013] Stealth CORE is made into the first standalone Neopets auto-player.
    ------------------------

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to j03 For This Useful Post:

♥ Rattata ♥ (02-07-2024),Zapdos (02-06-2024)

Pronouns
    they/them
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    26/0
    Mentioned
    27 times
    Time Online
    17d 23h 9m
    Avg. Time Online
    7m
    Well, in my case it's true I can't comment as someone who has bought or sold stuff (darn currency exchange rates!!), but I can at least comment as an observer, right?
    But I also have had friends who bought and sold stuff here before, especially when NC cards were still 2000NC, and they all always complimented the system, so... Personally, I just have never seen any sort of evidence from my interactions with said friends and by being around cK on and off to justify any distrust. Am I biased and speaking from a place of no personal experience? Well... Yes. lmao

Quote Originally Posted by Buizel View Post
    Here though, you really get a more personal connection since we are Neopets concentric and also partake in other activities to help interact with the community (Ryus, events). I can think of maybe just one or two bad experiences here throughout being here for 10+ years as opposed to those other sites.
    This is also something that influences how I feel/think about cK, I think. I don't see this site merely as a market, it's a whole community - it feels safe. That might be where my bias comes from, actually haha

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Decepticon For This Useful Post:

Buizel (02-06-2024)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    26/0
    Mentioned
    256 times
    Time Online
    53d 13h 53m
    Avg. Time Online
    18m
    i am having an enjoyable time eating pizza and reading this thread, thank you everysone for all the comments so far, wasnt expecting it to end up like this

u 'mirin?

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Miri For This Useful Post:

Rinon (02-06-2024),Styx (02-06-2024)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    10/0
    Mentioned
    20 times
    Time Online
    7d 4h 32m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 12m
    The nicest thing here is that it does feel like a community. I barely play Neopets, and even if I do, for me it doesn't matter how much I have or how much others make. The economy is already quite rigged and all my stuff got stolen at some point. Most of the well-known new Neopians, I believe, are not legitimate. It's like multiple worlds in the same one...

But at the same time, I also want to point out, what's the sense in making a new account just to spread this information? It does seem like someone who is lurking or joking around. If your job is to mine Neopoints, then you wouldn't be posting here, I believe.

At the same time, I also want to state that I do believe NTs does share good information, but also shares a lot of random ideas of their own. Their motivation? Well, I don't know.