Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    12 times
    Time Online
    14d 3h 31m
    Avg. Time Online
    37m
    I just re-read Jurassic Park, one of my all-time favorite books! I definitely recommend to anyone who has not read it.

.・✿ cherry blossom ✿・.
    ᴄᴜsᴛᴏᴍ ᴜsᴇʀʙᴀʀ ʙʏ (you need an account to see links)

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Cocobutter For This Useful Post:

PabstBlueRibbon (06-23-2023)

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    39 times
    Time Online
    9d 1h 42m
    Avg. Time Online
    4m
    Quote Originally Posted by goodnightmoon View Post
    I'd love to hear about everyone's favorite fiction series. Fantasy, romance, anything! I'm after a deep dive into a full-on series of several books again. I most recently series-wise read hunger games trilogy, all 3 in 3 days, back in March.
    If you like fantasy, a book series I really am enjoying is the continuing world-building of the DFZ series, by Rachel Aaron. So far there's three series build into the world. Starting with the (you need an account to see links)5-book series.

It was continued in the 3-book DFZ series, starting with (you need an account to see links)

And the newest series is the DFZ Changeling books, (you need an account to see links), currently waiting for Book 2.

This world is so absolutely well-built and huge. I literally joined the Discord for a new AI-based CYoA virtual game by Hidden Door, based on book IPs, basically entirely to campaign for getting the rights to this series for it. Even before it, I had made a project of combing through the books for details to to build out a 5e setting from it.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to PabstBlueRibbon For This Useful Post:

goodnightmoon (06-23-2023)

Pronouns
    she/her/hers
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    1/0
    Mentioned
    27 times
    Time Online
    31d 20h 35m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 8m
    Quote Originally Posted by PabstBlueRibbon View Post
    If you like fantasy, a book series I really am enjoying is the continuing world-building of the DFZ series, by Rachel Aaron. So far there's three series build into the world. Starting with the (you need an account to see links)5-book series.

It was continued in the 3-book DFZ series, starting with (you need an account to see links)

And the newest series is the DFZ Changeling books, (you need an account to see links), currently waiting for Book 2.

This world is so absolutely well-built and huge. I literally joined the Discord for a new AI-based CYoA virtual game by Hidden Door, based on book IPs, basically entirely to campaign for getting the rights to this series for it. Even before it, I had made a project of combing through the books for details to to build out a 5e setting from it.
    Okay it's like you read my mind. This is exactly what I'd like to dive into. This sounds AMAZING, thank you

thank you Lyrichord for the amazing avatar!

Pronouns
    he/him
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    10/0
    Mentioned
    28 times
    Time Online
    12d 16h 50m
    Avg. Time Online
    50m
    Quote Originally Posted by crookedteeth View Post
    Fiction-wise I'm reading The Master and Margarita by Mikhail Bulgakov in English, and I'm also slowly but surely working through a collection of Daniil Kharms in Russian to practice my language.
    Still working on Bulgakov, but I've distracted myself with re-reading Junji Ito's version of No Longer Human and finding a sketchy website to finish up +Anima...

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    92/0
    Mentioned
    710 times
    Time Online
    83d 19h 7m
    Avg. Time Online
    37m
    Right now, I've been reading a lot of thrillers. They're my favourite genre.

Currently, I am reading (you need an account to see links). Its pretty good so far! I had never heard of this author before, but it was recommended to me based on other books I have read with similar vibes. I appreciate the pacing of the book and I am curious to see what happens at the end. I will likely finish it tonight!

(you need an account to see links)

Art Credits:
    issa poot/bffs/be evil by my bb (you need an account to see links)
    custom popsicle userbar: (you need an account to see links)
    custom cinnamoroll ub: (you need an account to see links)
    cinna ryu sprite: (you need an account to see links)
    custom SDV pfp: (you need an account to see links)

Pronouns
    Any
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    19/0
    Mentioned
    145 times
    Time Online
    74d 9h 43m
    Avg. Time Online
    35m
    Right now I have a few books on my reading list that I'm powering through

The first is:

Battle Royale by Koushun Takami

I watched Squid Games / Alice in Borderlands and was looking for something in the same vein and someone recommended it to me!

The second is Ring + the rest of the series by Koji Suzuki

I watched the movie when I was a child (gotta love filipino family who doesn't care that horror is not your thing) and it was oddly and still is extremely terrifying to me, so I wanted to see if I read the books if it could help me overcome that fear!

So far, no real dice, but the novels are really nicely written

(and my final for my list, whenever we get an english release is Haruki Murakami's The city and it's uncertain walls) I collect his books, and have been reading them all over and over, he's probably my favorite author and I just can't wait to see how this one turns out as well. They're anticipating a 2024 release, so that's exciting and soon.
    UB Courtesy of: @Munna

Credit for the beautiful signature to: (you need an account to see links)

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Harvest Goddess For This Useful Post:

Slowpoke (07-22-2023)

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    5/0
    Mentioned
    1 time
    Time Online
    1d 1h 43m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    Currently dabbling in...a lot.

I started rereading The Final Empire by Brandon Sanderson for the 5th time after peer pressuring my coworkers into picking it up. I have about 2 hours left in the audiobook, but I've kind of shelved it in pursuit of reading something new...

So I'm now mostly listening to The Stand by Stephen King. I'm only on chapter 7, so I've got a little ways to go (only 40 more hours!). It's my 2nd King novel, my first being Pet Sematary which I didn't love. Here's hoping this goes better.

Every night I read to my baby until she falls asleep. She's only a year old, so she doesn't care what I read to her. Right now the book we're reading is Yumi and the Nightmare Painter by Brandon Sanderson. Really enjoying it so far (chapter 11), especially for the gorgeous illustrations.

Whenever I have any extra time to read by myself (almost never), I've been chipping slowly away at Gleanings by Neal Shusterman. It's a collection of short stories, so it's easy to pick up and put down whenever. I'm about 4 or 5 stories in so far and looking forward to the rest.

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to heathen For This Useful Post:

Maia (07-23-2023),Slowpoke (07-22-2023)

overthink.exe
    Pronouns
    she/they
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    40/0
    Mentioned
    1,166 times
    Time Online
    557d 23h 47m
    Avg. Time Online
    3h 27m
    I read Kitchen by Banana Yoshimoto in about a day and a half, and really enjoyed it. It was a really light read despite some heavy subject matter like grief, and it had slight touches of magical realism, and overall I liked it. I might pick up some more of her work.
    (you need an account to see links)

thanks stardust for base Thanks Sugarbee Thanks Wooloo
    Kyo (Nov 13 2020)

thanks honeycomb
    and hearts! <3
    +Zenitsu

THANK YOU FAB

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    2/0
    Mentioned
    9 times
    Time Online
    33d 13h 56m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 39m
    i just finished listening to Engines of Empire and Engines of Chaos by R.S. Ford
    i like the series, its very Game of Thrones-y. tons of betrayal and death and you just are always like wondering whats actually happening lol
    so gotta patiently wait for a 3rd one, i think its just a trilogy. the audiobook was very very good. the narration was spot on!

i'm physically reading Ruination by Anthony Reynolds. its a League of Legends book and i like it a lot
    i am a sucker for lore so definitely fun to read about these characters' backstories.

next up on the list to listen to and read is:

Yumi and the Nightmare Painter by Brandon Sanderson (i have started listening to the audiobook already)
    Godkiller by Hannah Kraner (very excited about this one, was told it kinda gives the Witcher vibes)

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Maia For This Useful Post:

heathen (07-24-2023)

Pronouns
    he/him
    Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    3 times
    Time Online
    11d 20h 19m
    Avg. Time Online
    5m
    Hi

I'm reading Giovanni's Room, by James Baldwin.

If anyone has a goodreads profile: (you need an account to see links)