82/6
    Mentioned
    120 times
    Time Online
    17d 9h 48m
    Avg. Time Online
    5m
    Quote Originally Posted by John View Post
    Just because you like it too much to stop, does not mean that it is chemically addictive.
    You're missing the difference between physical and mental addiction. Physical addiction = Chemical addiction.

Anyways heres some facts instead of opinions:
    Science of Marijuana is written by Leslie L. Iverson, a professor of pharmacology at the University of Cambridge in England. In the book, he reviews decades of international research on marijuana, both laboratory research and survey research. Based on his review of the scientific literature, between 10 to 30% of regular users will develop dependency. Only about 9% will have a serious addiction.
    [QUOTE]What most people don't know is that there is quite a bit of interaction between the cannabinoid receptor system (especially CB1 receptors) and the opioid receptor system in the brain. In fact, research has shown that without the activation of the
    Last edited by Josh; 07-12-2012 at 02:31 PM.

Thanks
    DL/UL
    1096/0
    Mentioned
    213 times
    Time Online
    59d 13h 45m
    Avg. Time Online
    20m
    i think people who are 18-21 should be able to smoke it in public honestly . . . . .

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    5/0
    Mentioned
    1 time
    Time Online
    1h 47m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    gotta legalize it brah
    I believe it should be legalized because it doesn't seem to be too harmful
    plus it could generate money for the govt

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    11/0
    Mentioned
    17 times
    Time Online
    14m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    legalize
    yea i smoke a shitload of it cuz its good & ive been smokin it for 11 years now,
    but government n shit should realize it benefits them like +3473439% lmfao.
    it's healthier than cigarettes too, or atleast i've heard.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    17/0
    Mentioned
    3 times
    Time Online
    19h 25m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    Quote Originally Posted by Jose View Post
    it's healthier than cigarettes too, or atleast i've heard.
    Kind of. Cigarette tobacco has lots of chemicals in it and therefore produces far more carcinogens, but marijuana produces more "tar". A single joint of weed will produce about the same amount of "tar" as three cigarettes.

I'm for legalization. Anyone in their right mind has to believe that the fact that weed is illegal is doing far more harm than good to many aspects of our society.
    Last edited by leptoon; 08-19-2012 at 02:59 PM.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    50/0
    Mentioned
    28 times
    Time Online
    22h 37m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    Pain killers my dad takes are a fortune for a week supply it is nearly $200. Luckily he has insurance he does not have to pay for. This is way cheaper unless they start putting it in pill form.

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    4 times
    Time Online
    1h 29m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    Quote Originally Posted by Josh21227 View Post
    How is it not addictive? There is no physical addiction, but there is a mental addiction. Ive been through the addiction. It was easier for me to stop using the pills/hard drugs, but Ive relapsed on weed many times. I know a lot of people who are the same way.
    Okay, now I have experience both a Vicodin and (mental) medical Marijuana addiction and all I can say about this statement is WTF? It was easier for you to quit "pills/hard drugs" than Marijuana?! WHAT?! I've literally never heard that before in my life and I'm sorry but I'm going to have to call bs. Coming off a pill addiction such as Vicodin or any other pain killer causes intense migraines, sweating and body aches. You're telling me that it was easier to go through that than a mental marijuana addiction? Let alone these "hard drugs" you claim to have taken.

Marijuana is addictive in the same sense as video games, sports or gambling is addictive. If it's harder for you to quit that than hard drugs then you've got some issues.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Scott For This Useful Post:

John (08-19-2012),Sci_Girl (08-20-2012)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    82/6
    Mentioned
    120 times
    Time Online
    17d 9h 48m
    Avg. Time Online
    5m
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott View Post
    Okay, now I have experience both a Vicodin and (mental) medical Marijuana addiction and all I can say about this statement is WTF? It was easier for you to quit "pills/hard drugs" than Marijuana?! WHAT?! I've literally never heard that before in my life and I'm sorry but I'm going to have to call bs. Coming off a pill addiction such as Vicodin or any other pain killer causes intense migraines, sweating and body aches. You're telling me that it was easier to go through that than a mental marijuana addiction? Let alone these "hard drugs" you claim to have taken.

Marijuana is addictive in the same sense as video games, sports or gambling is addictive. If it's harder for you to quit that than hard drugs then you've got some issues.
    My earlier post wasnt written right. My point is only that there can be an addiction to weed. Pill addiction is a lot worse obviously. I stopped before I got addicted to pills or dope (I got arrested. Cant have opiates show up in drug test).
    Last edited by Josh; 08-20-2012 at 01:19 PM.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    2 times
    Time Online
    N/A
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    I vote to make it legal its a far less dangerous drug than some of its other illegal comrades. Also has a lot of positive qualities and healing abilities as opposed to other drugs which pretty much just harm you EX: Crack

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    10/0
    Mentioned
    3 times
    Time Online
    13h 59m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    No. Drugs = no, period