DL/UL
    7/0
    Mentioned
    6 times
    Time Online
    15h 26m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    Wow I am a terrible female. All of this talk about makeup and skin care has left me lost and confused. xD I'm a "wash your face with soap and throw on some eyeliner" kind of person. I have no idea what the difference between foundation and concealer is. O.o I think I should start to study this all a bit haha.

Thanks
    DL/UL
    15/0
    Mentioned
    208 times
    Time Online
    98d 13h 33m
    Avg. Time Online
    38m
    you dont really need to do skincare if you dont have an interest in it
    like, if you try it and you feel better then thats cool but you shouldnt feel obligated to care for your skin especially just because youre a girl lol

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Mindfang For This Useful Post:

Jessica (05-20-2015)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    7/0
    Mentioned
    6 times
    Time Online
    15h 26m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    I agree completely. Although it isn't really "acceptable" to not do anything as a female. We have to pluck, tweeze, wax, do our hair and look pretty for society. A lot of it has been focused at our own insecurities as women. If it makes you feel better then have at it. I used to feel like I needed to try but tbh it was too hard for me to get the hang of what is what so I stopped before I even started and went fishing instead.

I do think I should start to figure out how to keep/refresh the youth of my skin. I'm not vain but I'd like to hold out on wrinkles as long as possible haha. If anyone knows of any natural/home concoctions for that I'd love to hear them! I like to keep it as organic as possible.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to ohealno For This Useful Post:

Jessica (05-20-2015)

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    1/0
    Mentioned
    55 times
    Time Online
    24d 5h 40m
    Avg. Time Online
    8m
    @(you need an account to see links)
    Dude I never thought I’d find someone into asian skincare here! /r/AsianBeauty changed MY LIFE. I really wanna buy the Rose Cleansing Stickkkk, but it’s so price :C

I’ve never had much trouble with my skin except for the fact that it’s combination so I can’t just slather on one single product and be done with it without some part of my face looking either greasy or dry as hell. Butttttt being a pale girl in a tropical country leaves me with a bit of sun damage/freckles that I really dislike, so I go into skincare mainly to get rid of these.

I been using mostly asian brands because they’re cheap and effective. The only western product I really use is the Bioderma which is THE BEST CLEANSER EVER ever ever. So gentle and removes makeup so well.

I like using make up but I’ve been too lazy for it lately, but my faves include:
    - The Rocket Mascara (ugh, love)
    - Sigma Brushes (so expensive nowadays, though)
    - Maybelline Color Tattoos
    - La Roche Hydreane BB Cream
    - MAC Lipsticks too <3 Mostly Ruby Woo and Faithfully Yours
    - Lancome Blush Subtil (SO PRICEY BUT STOLE IT FROM MY MOM AND IT’S AMAZING)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    32/0
    Mentioned
    137 times
    Time Online
    53d 21h 20m
    Avg. Time Online
    21m
    @(you need an account to see links) I would definitely recommend Nivea Creme in the tin (german version) if you have dry skin! I have normal/combo oily skin and use Nivea Creme at night. It's fragranced though so if yo don't like then maybe it's not great for you! D: It leaves your face really greasy, though, that's why you should only use it at night. I find that the greasiness goes away once I wake up in the morning and I feel that my skin is really glowy/moisturised. :3

@(you need an account to see links) Routines usually go as cleanse > exfoliate > moisturise > sunscreen (in the morning)! Moisturiser + cleanser is absolutely essential, though!

@(you need an account to see links) no way!!! Not caring much about skincare has no bearing on who you are as a person!!! Don't feel bad, I didn't start learning about skincare/makup until 1-2 years ago! Never too late to learn! I would definitely suggest that you don't use soap on your face, since it has high alkalinity and is not pH balanced for your facial skin! If you don't know anything about skin care, I suggest going for simple products like Cerave moisturiser in the tub and Cerave foaming cleanser to start off with! Actually I just read the part where you wanna keep things organic. People use oil cleansers and it works wonders on their face, so maybe check it out?

@(you need an account to see links) YES tbh I've learnt EVERYTHING from reddit especially /r/skincareaddiction and /r/makeupaddiction lolzzzzz, that's how I got into these things in the first place! AND UGH yes it's soooo beautiful! But if you have a reaction to coconut oil, it's prolly not gonna go well with your skin anyway so you save money atl east!!!

And I've only just gotten into asian brands! I recently bought this My Beauty Diary Hyaluronic Acid to moisturise my face and it feels beautiful!! Any other asian products you recommend? :3

MAC lipsticks are so pretty but they're like... 2-3 times as expensive here in Australia compared to america lol.

[/FONT]

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    1/0
    Mentioned
    55 times
    Time Online
    24d 5h 40m
    Avg. Time Online
    8m
    @(you need an account to see links) I don't have very sensitive skin, thank god. I am allergic to one specific thing in the Maybelline BB Cream but I couldn't tell you which ingredient exactly. It made my face SO SWOLLEN though lolol Coconut oil is great!

I recommend the Hadalabo Gokujyn Hyaluronic Lotion, it can get a bit sticky if you use too much (a little goes a long way) but it moisturizes your skin like nothing else. I've also been loving the Benton Snail Bee High Essence + Skin, it has made my skin feel like a baby's butt. The Mizon AHA 8% also helps, obviously. I love it! Cheaper than Paula's for me too, cause I'm in Europe and the Euro is killing me RN

IDK yet how they rave so much about sheet masks, they moisturize my skin like crazy but the effects don't last more than 2 days.

Shipping to Australia tho must be so expensive ;-; There's /r/asianbeautyexchange, though, and you can always find someone selling stuff there. Cheaper shipping for sure.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    39/0
    Mentioned
    4 times
    Time Online
    1d 18h 5m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    Man I'm hearing you on the killer shipping, yeesh, I live in NZ so that can make it even worse, plus I've noticed that a lot of products cost at least half as much overseas then when it sells here (online or in store) the price goes up a lot, obviously I account for currency conversion rates and such but sheesh.

---
    @(you need an account to see links) I was the same, I used to not bother but with my skin being problematic at times I decided to try, society does like to try to push certain ideas but if it's not your thing then it's not your thing ^_^ for organic LUSH is amazing and entirely organic, bit costly but products last and for those who are just figuring out what if anything they want to try the product descriptions online are super clear and I've never heard anyone say that the staff weren't nice in their local store (wherever that may be) so there's that option, plus their stuff is easy to use and not super high maintenance which is nice. I've been hearing really good things about Pacifica Beauty lately and they're organic too, they aren't too expensive either and are available at target if you have one of those near you. Online shops are great too, there's iHerb and there's VitaCost both often have lots of sales and useful referral codes and discounts based on purchase amounts and are mostly organic (or organic products are at the very least labeled clearly) so there's what I know, I tend to use organic/cruelty-free etc products myself so if you decide you want more information feel free to nudge me? Honestly though I'd just ignore what's acceptable to society (it's mostly just idjits grabbing money anyway) and just go with what suits you ^_^

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    7/0
    Mentioned
    6 times
    Time Online
    15h 26m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    @(you need an account to see links) I did not know that about soap! I don't usually have to wash my face, I don't sweat much and I'm not oily. If anything my skin is a little dry at times. Every face cleanser I have tried has always seemed to make my skin worse so I have strayed from using any of that. Thank you! I will look into those
    @(you need an account to see links) I've heard of lush but never tried it. I don't have a lot of financial leeway for things that aren't necessities. I will definitely check them and their descriptions out. Thank you so much! I have a lot of brands to look into now. I will definitely get back to you if I have any questions about it all. I'm so stoked that there seem to be a lot of organic/cruelty free products! I should definitely be able to find something that will work for me.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    19/0
    Mentioned
    120 times
    Time Online
    21d 35m
    Avg. Time Online
    9m
    I would argue that the most important aspect of skincare - male or female - is adequate and proper sleep. Not only is sleep a major mental restorative, but it does wonders for the skin and muscle growth. No matter how many products you use, or how much you spend, lacking in this area is a path to failure/mediocrity. On this idea, keeping to your body's natural circadian rhythm (consistent rise and sleep times) keeps hormones and processes in balance, promoting healthier skin as well. Too often people focus on the outside and superficial/cosmetic regimines, often forgetting how important (and arguably a greater role) internal processes are.
    Queen Bee

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    32/0
    Mentioned
    137 times
    Time Online
    53d 21h 20m
    Avg. Time Online
    21m
    @(you need an account to see links) I don't wanna be rude but there are no arguments in here about anything? There's nothing wrong with having a cosmetic/skincare regime even if you have good sleeping patterns. I used to not take care of myself enough and I ever since taking up a skincare routine, I feel like I'm taking care of myself and it feels good to pamper yourself. It's not just trying to make my skin look good! I do get your point, though, sleep is very important (as I know from studying biology) and everything goes out of wack if you don't, but what you're talking about doesn't really add anything to this thread and it sounds slightly patronising. Not trying to be an asshole but yeah. Thanks for the tip though, it might help some others in this thread.

[/FONT]