DL/UL
    3/0
    Mentioned
    16 times
    Time Online
    13d 22h 47m
    Avg. Time Online
    6m
    Typically if someone wants a specific label to their gender or sexuality then I won't question it and just respect it. Non-binary labels on sexuality and genders are fine, I don't see anything wrong with them. I will use their preferred pronouns and respect their decisions. If it makes them happy then why not? None of my business anyways, it's not my sexuality or gender.

Personally I don't label my own sexuality, if someone asks I'll give them the closest thing to it but I dislike labeling myself, it's just more like: I'll like whoever it is regardless of what they call themselves, just so long as I'm attracted to them But that's just me.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Huntera For This Useful Post:

hissi (06-26-2016)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    26/0
    Mentioned
    Never
    Time Online
    4h 41m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    I agree with first post

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    29/0
    Mentioned
    101 times
    Time Online
    28d 2h 56m
    Avg. Time Online
    13m
    I'd have to agree with the OP. It's getting ridiculous. Since everyone is getting offended for each other with gender pronouns I'll just refer to everyone as "that person".....wait, maybe that will offend people who don't self-identify as people and self-identify as a couch or some shit. (Low key, I saw an episode of My Strange Addiction where the girl was obsessed with pretending to be furniture.)

Honestly, people create more labels for their microsexuality just to avoid the more popular labels. It's all confusing and pointless to me
    PM me to see what I have up for sale! Always selling UCs/NP/Accounts!
    Offering free PIN cracks to Clraik rank (and higher!), just shoot me a PM.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Urbex For This Useful Post:

athron (07-04-2016)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    54/0
    Mentioned
    24 times
    Time Online
    14d 5h 59m
    Avg. Time Online
    6m
    If I had a dollar for every gender that exists, I'd have $2

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to athron For This Useful Post:

jongeh (07-04-2016),Poogles (07-04-2016)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    66/0
    Mentioned
    63 times
    Time Online
    9d 2h 21m
    Avg. Time Online
    3m
    With all due respect, not even going to read the original post because I know where it is going, but this whole gender identification issue is off the chain. Do you have a penis or a vagina? You can have the op if you want, then reask yourself the same question.

I am sick of this liberal ideology!

9. The Following User Says Thank You to jongeh For This Useful Post:

athron (07-04-2016)

Pronouns
    they/them
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    26/0
    Mentioned
    27 times
    Time Online
    17d 23h 9m
    Avg. Time Online
    7m
    I'm gonna throw my two cents here even though I'm terrified of speaking my opinion in public.
    I also apologize if I say something extremely ignorant, I'm still learning stuff myself.
    I wasn't going to post this but my friend told me I should lmao
    btw this is probably obvious but it doesn't hurt to emphasize that "you" is "you" in general like everyone/anyone on this planet 'k

I have to agree that "imposing" a gender on someone is Bad like saying "you're obviously a demiboy" when the person in question does not identify as a demiboy isn't nice. The same goes with "if you have a penis you're a man". Gender identity is part of someone as an individual, how they experience themselves and the world around them. It should not have to do with anyone else but themselves, honestly. I mean, if someone says their gender is X and their pronouns are y/z how does that affect your life? Other than having to think a little bit before writing or talking to avoid automatically writing down/speaking a pronoun that the person doesn't use, I mean. It's like it's been said multiple times on the thread before: if someone is named Samantha but likes being called Sammy, you'll be a decent human being and call them Sammy. It's not that hard.

Also, does it hurt so much to write "xyr" if someone asks you to? I mean, sure you can think to yourself that this is "a weird pronoun" and "not real", but trying to use it or asking how to use it (which as far as I know people are okay with), especially if it's someone you don't talk often, someone who is a complete stranger to you on the internet, does it really hurt so bad? Do your fingers feel like they're gonna fall from your hands? Do your neighbors laugh at you for being nice and respecting other people's pronouns? What would your parents think of you! How dare you be nice to people!

I can see how it can be problematic when people use bathrooms when your only options are female or male. You should technically be able to use whichever one you feel like fits you best without having to worry about other people, but unfortunately that's not how it works because we people still have much to learn. A gender neutral bathroom would be nice, but people will always find a way to criticize it (or on an extreme scenario that I don't know if it's likely to happen, to exploit the damn thing to do bad things). Other than that, gender identity shouldn't be an issue at all. Does it really hurt you so much to accept the fact that there's more to the world than what you know and/or believe? You don't have to understand it all and be The Gender Expert, you just have to accept that it exists, that people are all different and that you should be nice to everyone, disregarding whatever you believe on. Of course, if you're willing to do some reading and some research to understand gender that's really nice of you too.

Also a bit off-topic but not too much, I always see people complaining about Tumblr but like... most of the time people complain of things that are clearly a troll like "I'm plantkin and if you step on grass you're oppressing me" or "I identify as a sponge and if you use one to do dishes/shower you're being spongefobic". I mean it's not hard to guess that this is a troll?? And other times people complain of teenagers that are still learning shit because they're still young and inexperienced. I mean, were you the "oh so perfect angel, the perfect example of what teenagers should be" when you were like 13 or 15? If it bothers you that much try to teach, explain and guide them. If they don't want to be taught shit then leave them be, one day they'll learn and they'll look back and be like "oh man, I was such a piece of shit when I was younger" like everyone who is still alive and aging and looking back to when they were younger.

Anyway sorry if I offended anyone, I swear it wasn't my intention.
    Also if you see something blatantly wrong pls do point it out to me kindly and I'll be sure to correct myself for future occasions.

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Decepticon For This Useful Post:

hissi (07-04-2016),Mindfang (07-04-2016)

Thanks
    DL/UL
    15/0
    Mentioned
    208 times
    Time Online
    98d 13h 33m
    Avg. Time Online
    38m
    Quote Originally Posted by athron View Post
    If I had a dollar for every gender that exists, I'd have $2
    nah mate youd have $0 cos the base concept of gender aint fuckin exist!!

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Mindfang For This Useful Post:

hissi (07-15-2016)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    66/0
    Mentioned
    63 times
    Time Online
    9d 2h 21m
    Avg. Time Online
    3m
    Quote Originally Posted by Sherlocked View Post
    I'm gonna throw my two cents here even though I'm terrified of speaking my opinion in public.
    I also apologize if I say something extremely ignorant, I'm still learning stuff myself.
    I wasn't going to post this but my friend told me I should lmao
    btw this is probably obvious but it doesn't hurt to emphasize that "you" is "you" in general like everyone/anyone on this planet 'k

I have to agree that "imposing" a gender on someone is Bad like saying "you're obviously a demiboy" when the person in question does not identify as a demiboy isn't nice. The same goes with "if you have a penis you're a man". Gender identity is part of someone as an individual, how they experience themselves and the world around them. It should not have to do with anyone else but themselves, honestly. I mean, if someone says their gender is X and their pronouns are y/z how does that affect your life? Other than having to think a little bit before writing or talking to avoid automatically writing down/speaking a pronoun that the person doesn't use, I mean. It's like it's been said multiple times on the thread before: if someone is named Samantha but likes being called Sammy, you'll be a decent human being and call them Sammy. It's not that hard.

Also, does it hurt so much to write "xyr" if someone asks you to? I mean, sure you can think to yourself that this is "a weird pronoun" and "not real", but trying to use it or asking how to use it (which as far as I know people are okay with), especially if it's someone you don't talk often, someone who is a complete stranger to you on the internet, does it really hurt so bad? Do your fingers feel like they're gonna fall from your hands? Do your neighbors laugh at you for being nice and respecting other people's pronouns? What would your parents think of you! How dare you be nice to people!

I can see how it can be problematic when people use bathrooms when your only options are female or male. You should technically be able to use whichever one you feel like fits you best without having to worry about other people, but unfortunately that's not how it works because we people still have much to learn. A gender neutral bathroom would be nice, but people will always find a way to criticize it (or on an extreme scenario that I don't know if it's likely to happen, to exploit the damn thing to do bad things). Other than that, gender identity shouldn't be an issue at all. Does it really hurt you so much to accept the fact that there's more to the world than what you know and/or believe? You don't have to understand it all and be The Gender Expert, you just have to accept that it exists, that people are all different and that you should be nice to everyone, disregarding whatever you believe on. Of course, if you're willing to do some reading and some research to understand gender that's really nice of you too.

Also a bit off-topic but not too much, I always see people complaining about Tumblr but like... most of the time people complain of things that are clearly a troll like "I'm plantkin and if you step on grass you're oppressing me" or "I identify as a sponge and if you use one to do dishes/shower you're being spongefobic". I mean it's not hard to guess that this is a troll?? And other times people complain of teenagers that are still learning shit because they're still young and inexperienced. I mean, were you the "oh so perfect angel, the perfect example of what teenagers should be" when you were like 13 or 15? If it bothers you that much try to teach, explain and guide them. If they don't want to be taught shit then leave them be, one day they'll learn and they'll look back and be like "oh man, I was such a piece of shit when I was younger" like everyone who is still alive and aging and looking back to when they were younger.

Anyway sorry if I offended anyone, I swear it wasn't my intention.
    Also if you see something blatantly wrong pls do point it out to me kindly and I'll be sure to correct myself for future occasions.
    Firstly, don't worry, I don't think you have offended anyone. Everyone has their own opinion and I think most people here will respect that.

However, I do not understand how someone could impose a gender upon someone else. It is a simple fact of nature, you are either male or female ( although I know in some rare cases, an individual can have genitalia from of both sexes.) If a boy was growing up and he felt like he wanted to be a girl and he was a 'girl born in a boys body' then there is always the option to have a sex change later down the line. These kinds of operations have become more 'mainstream' with Bruce(Caitlyn) Jenner having had it done and a few other (I hate to say it) influential people. These kinds of people fuel this debate and they are dangerous as they do not realise that many young people look up to them and conform to their actions without fully understanding themselves.

This comes onto my next point - this whole transgender identification phenomenon has been manufactured and one could even argue manufactured for gain - exactly what, I am not sure of. The reason why I call the above influential people dangerous is that nowadays you see in the papers or on the online news sites more and more children that suddenly come out as 'not conforming to sexual role stereotypes' and get fast tracked on various concoctions of drugs to drastically alter their natural hormone cycles in order to become more feminine or masculine. Kids these days are constantly being bombarded with social media, telling them what to do and what not to do, how to act, how to look, how to speak etc and not being given a chance to think for themselves. there was a documentary done by Louis Theroux a year or so back on the BBC about transgender children. It is a great watch and if you are interested in this topic then you should go and watch it - it will definitely get some cogs turning. There have been numerous studies that show that as a matter of fact, children who believe they were born in the wrong body actually grow out of that belief by the time they hit puberty. But you have media and celebrities these days saying that it is not wrong to think this and basically, if you think you are a girl in a boys body then no matter your age, you should 'follow your heart.'

I am only 23 but I remember growing up there wasn't facebook and the internet wasn't as developed as it is today. I was out with my friends, climbing trees and doing dumb shit like that. Nowadays all you see are children attatched at the hip to their ipads and smartphones. The point I am trying to make is that all of this that we see today is totally manufactured - it is a form of social engineering, if facebook wants to push an agenda that all children are asexual until 18, you can bet your boots that it will start happening. I know I may have gone a little off-topic but people do not understand the extent to which social media is influencing and controlling people's lives.

As for 'gender neutral' toilets. Well in my opinion that is a complete no-no. This is simply due to violation if privacy. You need to think of the amount of these transgender people there are compared to cisgender (the opposite to transgender.) There are say 999 cisgender people for every transgender, infact that number is probably way out and there are probably many more cisgender for any single transgender. That means, on average you need to upset 999 people to appease a single transgender person. Lets say 100 out of those 999 cisgender people were not uncomfortable using a toilet with a transgender - that still means you would have to upset 899 people to appease one. In my opinion, if a transgender person feels uncomfortable walking into the same toilets as the same sex as them, they should either use a cubicle or just use the toilets meant for mothers to change their kids nappies or disabled people.

Really, gender has nothing to do with it if you really think about it. Who says that if you are a boy you cannot like the same things as females or vice versa? I have seen many male cross dressers and to be honest with you I couldn't give a f. It is only when people start pushing their beliefs upon me that I get annoyed. These people feel guilt and opression when they really aren't opressed and they need to get over it rather than coining another term as 'transgender' and using that to peddle their agendas!

Thanks
    DL/UL
    84/1
    Mentioned
    533 times
    Time Online
    134d 9h 16m
    Avg. Time Online
    52m
    Way I see it is like this.

The last however many thousands of years, people have never tried to identify as "demiboy" or whatever.
    It's been straight male and female gender.

The scientific advancement that discovered these new genders?
    The internet.

These new "genders" didn't exist fifty years ago.
    They barely existed ten years ago.

I'm all for calling yourself what you want, it doesn't phase me. But if you have a penis, you can use the mens restroom. If you have a vagina, you can use the female restroom.

99% of society shouldn't have to bend to what a group of people want because they said so.

Like everything else on the internet - Just because it's on the internet, doesn't mean it's true.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Mophead For This Useful Post:

athron (07-04-2016)

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    187 times
    Time Online
    28d 11h 14m
    Avg. Time Online
    12m
    Would sorting out the bathrooms based on "sex" rather than "gender" just solve the bathroom problem then? Like Mophead says, if you have a vag, use the female bathrooms and if you have a penis use a male's bathroom. If you have both then go ahead and choose since you actually do possess both.

I honestly don't give a shit how people identify, if I like you and we're close, cool, I'll call you however you like, but if you're a stranger/some hi&bye acquaintance, I honestly don't give a crap since we probs wouldn't be interacting much anyway and it's wayyyyy too much effort for someone I barely know/care about.