DL/UL
    41/0
    Mentioned
    298 times
    Time Online
    21h 25m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    I'm against it for the simple reason that we don't have enough resources to sustain the current population of the world, so why on earth would we create more people? It seems like a ridiculous idea to me. A waste of food, water, air and space.

Once created they would be a fully functioning human being and we would be unable just to dispose of them due to ethical problems that would create. They might be useful for medical/military reasons but the morals behind that would be very very questionable.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    6/0
    Mentioned
    5 times
    Time Online
    36m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    Quote Originally Posted by trix View Post
    I'm against it for the simple reason that we don't have enough resources to sustain the current population of the world, so why on earth would we create more people? It seems like a ridiculous idea to me. A waste of food, water, air and space.

Once created they would be a fully functioning human being and we would be unable just to dispose of them due to ethical problems that would create. They might be useful for medical/military reasons but the morals behind that would be very very questionable.
    Exactly what i think about it....the main focus of the mankind should be on getting space and food before bothering with clonage, but it will be VERY useful when we solve these problems and the ethic/moral.

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    34 times
    Time Online
    48m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    If we had instant cloning I would rule the world

Thanks
    DL/UL
    42/0
    Mentioned
    52 times
    Time Online
    35d 10h 40m
    Avg. Time Online
    12m
    Depends. It might just be dangerous for the clone. You'd have to know whether the clone would possess the same knowledge the original individual has which all came from years of experience and living. They might just freak out or something. I don't have any moral issues with it, but i would still think it's dangerous.

Thanks
    DL/UL
    8/0
    Mentioned
    7 times
    Time Online
    N/A
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    It should NOT be allowed!

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    20/0
    Mentioned
    13 times
    Time Online
    14h 15m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    I am for cloning if it is for scientific research.
    Think of it this way.
    With human activists crying all the day and people asking for more cures to diseases, the only way to produce a medicine that is capable of saving lives is to test it on clones.
    If anyone disagrees, feel free to sign up ourself as a test patient at your nearby research centre.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    6/0
    Mentioned
    2 times
    Time Online
    12h 57m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    I don't think we should because it would open up an entirely new can of worms for human rights. People will start saying clones have no rights, others will defend them, and it'll be one giant mess for society.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    14/0
    Mentioned
    34 times
    Time Online
    4h 57m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    Quote Originally Posted by Sammich View Post
    I don't think we should because it would open up an entirely new can of worms for human rights. People will start saying clones have no rights, others will defend them, and it'll be one giant mess for society.
    It certainly would, especially if we are talking about using them for risky scientific research that we would not test on "real" humans. A clone would still have human functions, feelings, emotions, and pain. They would still be humans in every sense of the word, the only different being that they were not born from a woman. We're not talking about robots here. It would be like saying that every child who was conceived via artificial insemination had no rights either. Not quite the same thing I guess, but a human is a human.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    2/0
    Mentioned
    Never
    Time Online
    4h 6m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    Humans are unique...I think clones are ridiculous

Thanks
    DL/UL
    6/0
    Mentioned
    68 times
    Time Online
    N/A
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    Cloning is expensive stuff. If there were human cloning it definitely wouldn't be too popular. Plus if someone is pregnant, they'd put someones genetics and stuff into the egg or w/e. I think that's what they do. Not like they'll be in a huge test tube. The person has to be pregnant with only the egg first XD