78/0
    Mentioned
    710 times
    Time Online
    157d 11h 45m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 28m
    Quote Originally Posted by caviar View Post
    Went swimming again, walked, and did some core stuff. We tried out the sauna this time too and it was really pleasant. I'll have to do that more often. We did get fast food afterwards, but I didn't really eat anything else today so I guess it's okay haha.
    Did a bike bootcamp today to get some strength in with some HIIT which was great!

Saunas are so great after a workout to just relaxed, stretch out tight muscles and literally sweat out all the ick in your body! That's the one thing I miss about living in town is going to the gym then the pool after for a hot tub and sauna. Now it's just home and shower or a hot tub and jump in the snow haha hold and cold contrasts are in now right!?

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Charmander For This Useful Post:

caviar (02-19-2024)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    2/0
    Mentioned
    66 times
    Time Online
    19d 4h 30m
    Avg. Time Online
    15m
    Quote Originally Posted by Charmander View Post
    Did a bike bootcamp today to get some strength in with some HIIT which was great!

Saunas are so great after a workout to just relaxed, stretch out tight muscles and literally sweat out all the ick in your body! That's the one thing I miss about living in town is going to the gym then the pool after for a hot tub and sauna. Now it's just home and shower or a hot tub and jump in the snow haha hold and cold contrasts are in now right!?
    Ooh yeah there's a whirpool tub at one of the other locations, love that thing. Can only be in there for like ten minutes though or I start getting dizzy lol.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    2/0
    Mentioned
    66 times
    Time Online
    19d 4h 30m
    Avg. Time Online
    15m
    WHEW.

Finally met with my coworker last night and he really helped me step it up. My legs are sore as hell from the stuff he showed me yesterday. Time to get to grinding.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    2/0
    Mentioned
    66 times
    Time Online
    19d 4h 30m
    Avg. Time Online
    15m
    Was too sore to work out for a few days, then I got sick on Saturday. No workouts right now for me. Ideally I can fit in something after work on Wednesday.

Pronouns
    🦕☄️🌃
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    7/0
    Mentioned
    162 times
    Time Online
    59d 1h 34m
    Avg. Time Online
    2h 23m
    Don't go to the gym but.. I actually did go outside to do some yard work on our land for the first time in a long long while. I'm severely out of shape but it was such a nice day to not be cooped up in the house and finally get around to doing that yard work I'd been putting off for a while

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Totodile For This Useful Post:

caviar (02-26-2024)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    2/0
    Mentioned
    66 times
    Time Online
    19d 4h 30m
    Avg. Time Online
    15m
    Sad to say I haven't worked out in a while. I got sick and time has gotten away from me. Trying to not beat myself up about it too hard. Maybe I can work out after my shift today, we'll see. If not, I'll ask my partner if he wants to go with me tomorrow or Monday or something.

Pronouns
    🫎🦫🍁🏒 she
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    78/0
    Mentioned
    710 times
    Time Online
    157d 11h 45m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 28m
    Quote Originally Posted by caviar View Post
    Sad to say I haven't worked out in a while. I got sick and time has gotten away from me. Trying to not beat myself up about it too hard. Maybe I can work out after my shift today, we'll see. If not, I'll ask my partner if he wants to go with me tomorrow or Monday or something.
    I also had a busy week. Never get down on yourself for not working out. Life happens and getting down on yourself doesn't help just start small and start that routine.

Today I went to the hill and snowboarder for 5 hours with the little dude. Then this evening flushed my legs on the bike with a 20 min recovery ride and 10 min lower body stretch. Worried to see how sore I wake up tomorrow as I want to aim for a 45 min ride tomorrow.

Keep at it and you can do it!

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Charmander For This Useful Post:

caviar (03-10-2024)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    5/0
    Mentioned
    Never
    Time Online
    4h 36m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    i've been having a flair up of my autoimmune disorder so even doing something as mild as walking has started to hurt fairly soon. as a result i've been lying around not moving much these past couple weeks. today i finally did some good exercise. i mowed the lawn with my crappy manual lawnmower, hands/arms were shaking for hours after that. then i also did some core strength hiit workouts for ~30m. i'm sure im gonna be super sore tomorrow since i am so out of shape now. i'm hoping to keep it up this week by just doing at least 15-20m after work each day!

12. The Following User Says Thank You to nestlepak For This Useful Post:

Charmander (03-17-2024)

Pronouns
    🫎🦫🍁🏒 she
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    78/0
    Mentioned
    710 times
    Time Online
    157d 11h 45m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 28m
    Quote Originally Posted by nestlepak View Post
    i've been having a flair up of my autoimmune disorder so even doing something as mild as walking has started to hurt fairly soon. as a result i've been lying around not moving much these past couple weeks. today i finally did some good exercise. i mowed the lawn with my crappy manual lawnmower, hands/arms were shaking for hours after that. then i also did some core strength hiit workouts for ~30m. i'm sure im gonna be super sore tomorrow since i am so out of shape now. i'm hoping to keep it up this week by just doing at least 15-20m after work each day!
    Hey! How was your soreness after. Hope it wasn't too bad. Hopefully you were able.to keep up with your activity goal this week too! How did it go?

I somehow managed to flare up my hip flexor and hoping it's not going to impact my biking too much.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Charmander For This Useful Post:

nestlepak (03-19-2024)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    5/0
    Mentioned
    Never
    Time Online
    4h 36m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    Quote Originally Posted by Charmander View Post
    Hey! How was your soreness after. Hope it wasn't too bad. Hopefully you were able.to keep up with your activity goal this week too! How did it go?

I somehow managed to flare up my hip flexor and hoping it's not going to impact my biking too much.
    i dunno if it was causative or what, but the next day my spleen was hurting all day and i got home and was all motivated to do a bit of exercise even though i had been in pain all day.. but once i started i got worried that i was gonna make my spleen burst and have to go to the ER so i stopped. and the whole rest of the week i felt super bad and fatigued so i unfortunately failed. but i've slowly recovered and on sunday i did some yard work as exercise. its a struggle when not working out makes me less healthy but being unhealthy makes me unable to work out lol.

good luck with your hip flexor, hope it clears up soon so you can bike without issue