Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: This week's editorial is kinda funny/depressing.

Thanks
    DL/UL
    38/0
    Mentioned
    11 times
    Time Online
    4d 21h 39m
    Avg. Time Online
    1m

This week's editorial is kinda funny/depressing.

Oh, TNT... I love you dearly, but I must severely protest the giving away of retired and rare avatars as part of the new daily. I understand that you want to help new players, but it shouldn't come at the cost of alienating your older players. They worked hard for these avatars, spending years of their time, effort, and Neopoints trying to obtain them, only for someone to get one by trading in a few junk items. That isn't fair at all, and I know I'm not the only one absolutely furious about the whole thing. The only thing I can ask is, why? ~username removed
    so much butthurt

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    9/0
    Mentioned
    114 times
    Time Online
    54d 21h 20m
    Avg. Time Online
    19m
    Quote Originally Posted by partypineapple View Post
    so much butthurt
    Hey, there's also the other response:

I am an old time Neopian who is really frustrated by the boards being clogged up with complaints. I AGREE with avatars being released in the new daily if they are RARE. I applaud you. It would be hard for you guys to attract new players if everything were impossible to achieve because of it being retired or out of reach due to false inflation by the rich old timers on the site. You need to keep newcomers interested in the site by making it achievable in some way. Please don't throw this away due to a few complainers. ~username removed
    At least TNT's considering both sides of the argument. I agree with the side I quoted, of course

*~a ghost in the sunlight~*

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Corliss For This Useful Post:

DarkAngel (04-07-2014)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    1/0
    Mentioned
    13 times
    Time Online
    3d 6h 55m
    Avg. Time Online
    1m
    I like how they quoted both. TNT is shit more often than it isn't, but it's kind of important to consider there are always two sides and they can't make everyone happy. This is the kind of stuff I can't hate them entirely for.

Not responding to tickets for months and employing Tony P, however, I can totally say screw them.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to borken For This Useful Post:

Cheese (04-08-2014),Clair (04-06-2014)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    30/0
    Mentioned
    4 times
    Time Online
    11h 56m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    I agree with @(you need an account to see links) that it is a good thing TNT is using both sides of the argument. I think it is a good thing they are giving away rare avatars, so long as it only happens very rarely.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to scogland For This Useful Post:

Corliss (04-06-2014)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    30/0
    Mentioned
    1,998 times
    Time Online
    438d 17h 56m
    Avg. Time Online
    2h 29m
    I agree with the first quote. They are rare and retired for a reason. I dont see why TNT is constantly trying to put everyone on the same level, they aren't showing any loyalty to their old time players. Instead, they are just slapping them in the face and giving out these avatars to people for nothing. It's not really false inflation (stamps), it's just supply and demand. I think, given the choice, everyone would want stamp avatars. For that reason, the price is high and not everyone can afford it. That's the prestige of the avatars and that's how it should remain.
    I don't understand why they would even consider giving old stamp avatars and retired avatars to people in a daily. Thats so stupid.
    What's my definition of success?
    Creating something no one else can
    Being brave enough to dream big
    Grindin' when you're told to just quit
    Giving more when you got nothin' left

9. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to I_royalty_I For This Useful Post:

Cheese (04-08-2014),Double.Trouble (04-06-2014),hi hater (04-08-2014),John (04-06-2014),Miri (04-06-2014),simmie (04-09-2014),Sociopath (04-06-2014),Totoro (04-06-2014)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    30/0
    Mentioned
    4 times
    Time Online
    11h 56m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    Quote Originally Posted by I_royalty_I View Post
    I agree with the first quote. They are rare and retired for a reason. I dont see why TNT is constantly trying to put everyone on the same level, they aren't showing any loyalty to their old time players. Instead, they are just slapping them in the face and giving out these avatars to people for nothing. It's not really false inflation (stamps), it's just supply and demand. I think, given the choice, everyone would want stamp avatars. For that reason, the price is high and not everyone can afford it. That's the prestige of the avatars and that's how it should remain.
    I don't understand why they would even consider giving old stamp avatars and retired avatars to people in a daily. Thats so stupid.
    Hmm, I agree about the stamp avatars but with all the retired avatars, without this it would be very difficult to make the leaderboards for avatar collectors. They should get rid of stamp avatars from the daily but other retired avatars should be kept in my opinion.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    30/0
    Mentioned
    1,998 times
    Time Online
    438d 17h 56m
    Avg. Time Online
    2h 29m
    Quote Originally Posted by scogland View Post
    Hmm, I agree about the stamp avatars but with all the retired avatars, without this it would be very difficult to make the leaderboards for avatar collectors. They should get rid of stamp avatars from the daily but other retired avatars should be kept in my opinion.
    Well if you weren't around to get those avatars, then you missed them. It's not fair for the people who were around to get them and put in the time to get them. Most of those retired avatars you had to put in work, whether for a plot, war, or some were even irl events. If I got those avatars legitly and then they started being randomly given out in the daily, I WOULD BE PISSED. If you don't get them cuz youre not around, and you can't get on the avatar collectors high score list, then theres a reason for that. It sucks, but that's just how a game is played I suppose. Maybe I'm in the minority in thinking this way though.
    What's my definition of success?
    Creating something no one else can
    Being brave enough to dream big
    Grindin' when you're told to just quit
    Giving more when you got nothin' left

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to I_royalty_I For This Useful Post:

Miri (04-06-2014),Sociopath (04-06-2014)

Pronouns
    any :)
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    1/0
    Mentioned
    105 times
    Time Online
    21d 20h 15m
    Avg. Time Online
    8m
    Quote Originally Posted by borken View Post
    I like how they quoted both. TNT is shit more often than it isn't, but it's kind of important to consider there are always two sides and they can't make everyone happy. This is the kind of stuff I can't hate them entirely for.

Not responding to tickets for months and employing Tony P, however, I can totally say screw them.
    i dont really have an opinion either way with the avatar issue as i am not an avid collector but i see where both sides are coming from
    but yes
    down with tony p.
    and TNTs customer service in general

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Q*bert For This Useful Post:

Air (04-06-2014),Cheese (04-08-2014),chiro (04-06-2014)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    9/0
    Mentioned
    114 times
    Time Online
    54d 21h 20m
    Avg. Time Online
    19m
    There needs to be some sort of balance...I think Neopets used to be way too difficult to play unless you played avidly, nonstop (when I started back in 2005 all the nice brushes were over a million np and it took me 6 months to earn 20,000... XD Granted I was 9 and didn't know the site well) and they've slowly been getting better, but I think some people on Neopets are stuck in the mentality that just because it was insanely hard/tedious/time-consuming and they managed it, it's reasonable for it to be so difficult and that anyone who thinks otherwise is just being lazy. I see that a lot with UC trading. If this was real life I'd say the same because those things are what they are and can't really be changed most of the time, but Neopets is just a game. I think it is a bit silly that an avatar that is technically still attainable (Avatar Collector) is basically retired because there are so many avatars no new person can get anymore. It's no fault of theirs that they found Neopets later rather than sooner.

I personally think all active avatars should not be possible to get through the RE machine but at least some retired avatars should be up for grabs. Or have separate collections for always-active avatars and retired ones (plots, one-time avatars, etc) and discount any retired avatars from the avatar count (at least for the Avatar Collector high score table)

*~a ghost in the sunlight~*

Pronouns
    any :)
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    1/0
    Mentioned
    105 times
    Time Online
    21d 20h 15m
    Avg. Time Online
    8m
    Quote Originally Posted by Drina View Post
    I personally think all active avatars should not be possible to get through the RE machine but at least some retired avatars should be up for grabs. Or have separate collections for always-active avatars and retired ones (plots, one-time avatars, etc) and discount any retired avatars from the avatar count (at least for the Avatar Collector high score table)
    you know that making avatars not count would send people into more of an uproar than select few getting some from the RE machine
    it affects more people plus it would be a larger slap to the face than rarely re-releasing things is
    plus retired avatars not counting would probs make TNT release ones for plots less
    b/c those are basically retired then
    and then people would bitch