Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    24 times
    Time Online
    2d 17h 41m
    Avg. Time Online
    1m
    From an American standpoint, I don't even understand it. Isn't religion and state supposed to be kept separate? Yet, marriage provides legal benefits. Right? And the only reason, as far as I can tell, to not legalize gay marriage, is because it goes against religion. So.............. I don't see why it's not legalized.

Besides, two people who love each other are two people who love each other. Why do we even need to look at the gender/sex of them anyway? Ugh.

On a positive note, Shibuya (A ward in Tokyo, Japan) is offering "partnership certificates" to same sex couples. It's not technically gay marriage but it's a step in the right direction.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    20/0
    Mentioned
    22 times
    Time Online
    18d 8h 38m
    Avg. Time Online
    6m
    I'm for it, I don't see any reason to be against it at all. This 'oh but religious people are against it' crap annoys me. If religious people followed the bible/quran/whatever to a tee...they would be against practically everything

However, most gay people I know (and I know a lot, given I frequent the gay bars on most weekends) do not give a flying fuck about it and don't really see why such a fuss is made. But this might be because they themselves have no interest in getting married, which tbh is the same among most of my friends. They (and I) see it as nothing more than a piece of paper really..probably as none of us are religious and its a religious thing mainly

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    52/0
    Mentioned
    26 times
    Time Online
    5d 9h 6m
    Avg. Time Online
    2m
    everyone should be allow to marry whoever they want, we cant define love

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    1/0
    Mentioned
    2 times
    Time Online
    5h 35m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    I'm in favor in all types of marriage, if there is love, then why not permiting it? is like please they're humans let them be! some say is not good and should not be permited, then forced marriage should not be permited also

5. The Following User Says Thank You to AleeSohma For This Useful Post:

Jessica (06-08-2015)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    2/0
    Mentioned
    Never
    Time Online
    5h 17m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    My mum married a woman, and they are happy, that's all I care about.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to ratus For This Useful Post:

Neal Caffrey (06-10-2015)

Pronouns
    They / She
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    3/0
    Mentioned
    16 times
    Time Online
    1d 2h 50m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    Quote Originally Posted by livemynightmare View Post
    First Response: What is the next step after making it okay for two of the same sex getting married? Where do you draw the line? If you make two individuals be allowed to be married even if the same sex why is it not okay for siblings or a 12 year old to get married? They can share the same desires as any person. Why make it okay for someone who chooses to be gay?

Second Response: They shouldn't get tax cuts because establishing a family is the full entitlement for these tax cuts and bettering the country. Do you really think cutting the human population reproduction process deserves the same benefits? And it is because of allowing these tax cuts today that people are allowed to ABUSE our system. The line needs to be drawn somewhere and no matter who it is someone will have a problem with it. I am not stating that everyone should give in to natural consensus but that there are too many people who will abuse these benefits. I am not stating I am better than anyone nor beliefs or morals. And they are giving the same treatment. They are told just like everyone else that if you wish for this benefit you must abide by the same standards as every other person. This growing group who have followed these laws for years now have a problem with it and feel the country should mold to their liking. With the decisions you make you receive consequences. For example: Having kids means you will lose more of your free time and will have to change your lifestyle because of this new life your are responsible.
    First: Are you comparing two consenting adults being married to children and incest? I might flip this around. What is the next step after making it okay for two of the opposite sex getting married? Where do you draw that line? Also, you don't choose to be gay. In your American society where it is often seen as "dirty" or "wrong", or in societies where you can literally DIE for being gay, why would someone choose that lifestyle? Sexuality is hardwired into our brains. Otherwise, you yourself could just choose that you found the same sex attractive.

Second: You know that there are plenty of heterosexual couples that don't have kids right? Because if you want to get technical, then until you have kids I don't see why you should be able to get a tax break. Not to mention, there are tons of homosexual couples that have adopted children, used donors to become pregnant, or hire a surrogate mother. Based on your logic, they should be eligible for a tax break as well, they have to put the same amount of time into raising their children.

All in all, your logic just doesn't add up to anything more then "I don't understand how gay people work." Er, no offense.

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to NeopetsLuver1997 For This Useful Post:

Lazuli (06-10-2015),Neal Caffrey (06-10-2015)

Pronouns
    he/him
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    112/0
    Mentioned
    125 times
    Time Online
    100d 9h 29m
    Avg. Time Online
    36m
    being against gay marriage is like wanting to prohibit placing ketchup in a pizza
    not your pizza
    not your ketchup

In portuguese:

---------- Post added at 09:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:29 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by NeopetsLuver1997 View Post
    First: Are you comparing two consenting adults being married to children and incest? I might flip this around. What is the next step after making it okay for two of the opposite sex getting married? Where do you draw that line? Also, you don't choose to be gay. In your American society where it is often seen as "dirty" or "wrong", or in societies where you can literally DIE for being gay, why would someone choose that lifestyle? Sexuality is hardwired into our brains. Otherwise, you yourself could just choose that you found the same sex attractive.

Second: You know that there are plenty of heterosexual couples that don't have kids right? Because if you want to get technical, then until you have kids I don't see why you should be able to get a tax break. Not to mention, there are tons of homosexual couples that have adopted children, used donors to become pregnant, or hire a surrogate mother. Based on your logic, they should be eligible for a tax break as well, they have to put the same amount of time into raising their children.

All in all, your logic just doesn't add up to anything more then "I don't understand how gay people work." Er, no offense.
    also, for the second one:
    If someone have fertiity problems, than it better not marry (??)

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Neal Caffrey For This Useful Post:

NeopetsLuver1997 (06-10-2015)

Thanks
    DL/UL
    223/0
    Mentioned
    469 times
    Time Online
    132d 23h 52m
    Avg. Time Online
    45m
    Why the hell not, if (you need an account to see links) and (you need an account to see links), a man should be able to marry another man.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    56/0
    Mentioned
    24 times
    Time Online
    9d 18h 15m
    Avg. Time Online
    3m
    On a personal level I'm all for it.

On a larger scale, is your immediate society ready to accept it? If the government legalises it, what would be the consequences?

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    125/0
    Mentioned
    159 times
    Time Online
    47d 22h 54m
    Avg. Time Online
    16m
    Quote Originally Posted by kior View Post
    On a personal level I'm all for it.

On a larger scale, is your immediate society ready to accept it? If the government legalises it, what would be the consequences?
    This pie chart shows just a few consequences of gay marriage.

Oh, and (you need an account to see links) from Australia will be forced to get a divorce.

(you need an account to see links)

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Matt~ For This Useful Post:

Mindfang (06-11-2015),Neal Caffrey (06-18-2015)