Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Won a trip to Australia and need some advice!

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    20/0
    Mentioned
    25 times
    Time Online
    14d 2h 58m
    Avg. Time Online
    5m
    Tyvm @(you need an account to see links) @(you need an account to see links) I should be able to have her convinced by tonight.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    2/0
    Mentioned
    22 times
    Time Online
    2d 1h 24m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    If you want authentic vietnamiese food go to Flemington - there's this really dodgy looking place that always has a massive line.
    If you want authentic Shanghainese food go to Ashfield - there are plenty of nice places there.
    If you want authentic Korean food go to Strathfield - little Korea awaits.
    If you want authentic Italian go to Leichhardt.
    blahblahblah Japanese food is everywhere in the city if that's your thing.
    Used to be the thang but Adriano Zumbo has great/wacky macarons.

DEFINITELY GO TO THE ZOO AND AQUARIUM!!!!!!!!!! THIS IS A MUST!!!!!!!!!!! Also if you only intend to hang around the city, I wouldn't really bother with hiring cars or stuff, the public transport is sufficient and there's family fun day on Sunday where you pay $2 for your whole family to travel the whole day Also there are free buses for tourists that go around the city... you should go to Cockatoo Island if there are any events there by ferry... usually pretty fun. Idk if you want fresh seafood but there's the Sydney Fish Markets... again that's kinda crowded with tourists.

If you're into art, go around Newtown, Surry Hills (Newtown also has awesome food like PIE TIN!!) and the city - MCA. If your kid was here and a bit older there was an Anish Kapoor exhibition. Hmm if you like looking at buildings I can go further into this ^_^ Usyd is pretty nearby, but there's only one scenic side (the other side is fugly as)... Central Park has a new botanical building... UTS has this weird porous building... and yeahh.......there might be some light shows as well... not sure when this is... but we recently had Vivid.

Edit: Opera Bar is kinda expensive but a nice classy place on the opera house for drinks. Lol i pretty much reiterated what's already been said... Idk... all I do in Sydney is eat nice food. IMO some of the places have food that tastes even better than their original place ha. ha. ha. ha... Hyde Park is quite nice to walk around, there are also sometimes sculpture exhibitions. Dang it you miss Sculpture by the Sea It's a really pretty time to go to Bondi.
    Darling Harbour also has a pretty awesome playground hee

I think Coogee is a bit better than Bondi and less crowded... I guess get fish 'n' chips there?
    Last edited by raxn; 06-19-2014 at 04:44 PM.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    20/0
    Mentioned
    25 times
    Time Online
    14d 2h 58m
    Avg. Time Online
    5m
    tyvm @(you need an account to see links) all the ideas are excellent. Also very cool to get opinions of the locals so we don't end up doing just the touristy stuff.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    388/3
    Mentioned
    202 times
    Time Online
    55d 20h 18m
    Avg. Time Online
    19m
    I have no advice sadly but I love the Aussie accent ......

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    20/0
    Mentioned
    25 times
    Time Online
    14d 2h 58m
    Avg. Time Online
    5m
    UPDATE!!

We have decided to go MINUS the baby. So just the 2 of us. Should be an awesome trip! Thanks for all of the advice. Anymore you can think of keep them coming guys!

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    20/0
    Mentioned
    415 times
    Time Online
    30d 7h 36m
    Avg. Time Online
    11m
    Quote Originally Posted by CynicdarK View Post
    UPDATE!!

We have decided to go MINUS the baby. So just the 2 of us. Should be an awesome trip! Thanks for all of the advice. Anymore you can think of keep them coming guys!
    This is most awesome! When is take off?! Congratulations in advance. Please spoil us with pictures of your adventure.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    20/0
    Mentioned
    25 times
    Time Online
    14d 2h 58m
    Avg. Time Online
    5m
    @(you need an account to see links) We leave on the 26th of December. We will be there for the fireworks on the Harbour. I hear they are the best in the world... We went to Paris on Bastille Day couple years ago and those fireworks at the Eiffel Tower were phenomenal. So they have a lot to live up to to beat them. Suppose to get the "Official Itinerary" first of next week. I'm honestly not sure what is all planned per the Itinerary because I asked when the flights would be and the contact person was able to tell me those.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    20/0
    Mentioned
    415 times
    Time Online
    30d 7h 36m
    Avg. Time Online
    11m
    Is the itinerary being provided by the folks ya won the contest from, @(you need an account to see links)? Regardless that's an awesome opportunity and I'm very happy for you! You'll be providing us with updates and pictures, right?!

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    20/0
    Mentioned
    25 times
    Time Online
    14d 2h 58m
    Avg. Time Online
    5m
    It is being provided by them yes. But as far as I know the only "Scheduled" thing is going to be a special viewing area for the Fireworks. Outside of that I think it is free reign for us.