Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Worst relationship experience ever?

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    9/0
    Mentioned
    29 times
    Time Online
    29d 7h 53m
    Avg. Time Online
    13m
    I dated a guy who ended up being a stalker once fml
    I broke up with him because he was becoming obsessive and harassing my friends; it kinda just escalated from there.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    9/0
    Mentioned
    3 times
    Time Online
    11h 51m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    The boyfriend I dated before now was not that great. He would often condescend to me and was just really combative in general. In retrospect he jsut didn't respect me at all. We fought a lot, and I figured that was partially my fault too.

But the guy I'm with now is so respectful and is always trying to bring me up it's like night and day. Note to self: Never let anyone treat me like that again everrrr

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to littlespacecase For This Useful Post:

Banannie (11-13-2015),teddy (11-08-2015)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    22/0
    Mentioned
    68 times
    Time Online
    47d 17h 38m
    Avg. Time Online
    18m
    Background: I dated this guy I met online for nearly two years before we broke up. I had been completely in love with him (and he had been completely in love with me), but we broke up because of the distance and I was scared I'd be stuck in a relationship in which I would never get to physically spend my life with the man I love. After we broke up, I started hanging out with one of my male friends, and he made it pretty obvious he liked me.

I'll put the rest in a spoiler, since it's pretty long (and I talk a looot).

Overall, he wasn't nearly as bad as some of the guys/girls other people on this thread have dated (and I'm truly sorry for what you guys have gone through).
    But he was just a total liar, asshole, and mooch xD

On the bright side, I dumped his sorry ass.

The entire time, I was talking to my ex but I never mentioned what was happening until after it was all over. When I told him I broke up with this guy, he lent me his shoulder to cry on, and (until now) he had been the only person I told all of this stuff to. After a few months, he and I got back together and he's just... perfect. I'm amazed he took me back after all we had been through, but I am so thankful that he did. We have now been dating again for another five months
    Last edited by Kit; 11-08-2015 at 10:46 PM.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Kit For This Useful Post:

Banannie (11-13-2015)

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    11/0
    Mentioned
    224 times
    Time Online
    102d 9h 57m
    Avg. Time Online
    35m
    @(you need an account to see links)
    whoa he killed your dog? what the fuck.

anyway here's my story, it's somewhat similar to wrisun's in relation to how he spoke to me
    was kind of sweet at first but also physically clingy, but called me fat, a bad kisser, and made me feel pretty pathetic/worthless haha

we were both freshman in high school and i had a little crush on him the year before, we talked a bit during summer break and then when we were with each other in HS we started dating.
    it was pretty nice at first, he used to defend me in front of friends and tell me sweet things etc etc but it didnt take very long for shit to turn.
    this was all a very long time ago and ive repressed 95% of it cuz of what he did to me once in a public park and it's still really hard to think about lol.
    but over 5 years later and i still break down every time i think about it, and to make things worse is that i didnt even really know what happened qualified as rape until a few years ago and for a very long time i even blamed myself

this is the first time since i told my best friend about it that ive ever brought it up fun tiiiiimes.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Lazuli For This Useful Post:

Banannie (11-13-2015)

Pronouns
    it
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    79/1
    Mentioned
    39 times
    Time Online
    16d 12h 41m
    Avg. Time Online
    6m
    I went out with this proper crazy guy when I was 15. His parents hated me and my parents hated him so they tried to break us up
    He went all suicidal and said he couldn't live without me so he took a huge overdose when I saw him after school one day. He had some broken glass and tried to cut his wrists, I was in utter shock and looked frantically for my phone, he then tried to stab me saying 'if I can't have you then no one will'
    Then his mum came home. Thank God for that. Everything after is just a blur to me now. He was in hospital for a long time, he was fucking crazy
    Will never forget that day or those chilling words though
    Definitely put me off relationships for a long time

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Sezy For This Useful Post:

Banannie (11-13-2015)

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    2/0
    Mentioned
    45 times
    Time Online
    26d 9h 32m
    Avg. Time Online
    9m
    My last boyfriend was really emotionally abusive and coercive, was constantly trying to get me to do things I didn't want to, and every time I felt like leaving, I swear it was as if he knew: he'd say things like "I'd die without you" and "Every time you're away is torture, I miss you so much". It was a LDR, he lived 3 hours away and visited about twice a month. I felt so much happier when he was gone.

Eventually I finally had enough anyway, and I texted him (I couldn't bear to call him because I knew he'd say awful things to me) and told him to never come back. When I did that, he called me about 12 times, and when I didn't answer, he called my sister, all our mutual friends, and some people that I barely knew/only considered to be acquaintances and shit-talked me to high heaven. He told them a lot of very prrsonal stuff about me (for example, that I was in recovery for an eating disorder) and to my sister, begged and screamed at her to put me on the phone with him since she was in the same house as me (she didn't, thankfully).

That was really rough and I haven't found myself liking the concept of being with a man ever since, and this was over a year ago.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Baby For This Useful Post:

Banannie (11-13-2015)

Thanks
    DL/UL
    127/0
    Mentioned
    575 times
    Time Online
    62d 4h 17m
    Avg. Time Online
    21m
    @(you need an account to see links) I'm in shock just reading that wow!

Glad you're happy now after that, would of messed anyone up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    11/7
    Mentioned
    25 times
    Time Online
    4d 3h 14m
    Avg. Time Online
    1m
    tell me I need to practice my kissing skills
    He's just trying to get you to kiss him. I used tell my gf that all the time, except to get her to bake me a pie. (This pie is so close to perfect... I think the next one you make will be perfect!)
    laughing at internet security since middle school

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Rambo For This Useful Post:

Banannie (11-13-2015)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    37/0
    Mentioned
    376 times
    Time Online
    58d 2h 18m
    Avg. Time Online
    22m
    I once got married.

That's it.

Jk she cheated on my with my neighbor and now has a kid with him. Wouldn't get a job or do any work around the house, just sat on pinterest all day being useless. I paid for everything. It was all my fault though somehow. First time she tried to talk to me after I kicked her out, she wanted me back. I told her to fuck off, she then overdosed on Tylenol 3s trying to kill herself. Then she moved in with him next door, a week later had a job at WalMart and a few months later was pregnant.

Bat shit crazy woman told me that if I had a kid with the woman I'm with now she would kill me. Like, you have a kid with the guy you were having an affair with, but I can't have a kid? Lol fuck you

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Misha For This Useful Post:

Banannie (11-13-2015)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    84/0
    Mentioned
    142 times
    Time Online
    11d 18h 27m
    Avg. Time Online
    4m
    This wasn't necessarily a relationship, but more so someone who was into me who was a very strange person.

I've made a thing with the story and pictures to go along with it.

(you need an account to see links)

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Elf For This Useful Post:

Aura (11-16-2015),Banannie (11-16-2015)