Page 10 of 19 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Brazilian NC Cards will be nerfed next week.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    1/0
    Mentioned
    13 times
    Time Online
    7d 17h 29m
    Avg. Time Online
    6m
    I just panic shopped NC like it was toilet paper and hand sanitizer. NC just made the list of things no one will ever buy again after 2020.

Or maybe strike toilet paper from that list. I never want to wipe my ass with socks again. But I'm sure as shit not enabling TNT's grubby little greedy fingers. They had to know about this before, I wonder why they waited so long (or why this, of all things, was the course of action they chose). Idiots.

---------- Post added at 02:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:00 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Emerald View Post
    Is this some sort of twisted social experiment by TNT to see how crappy they can treat their fanbase to see what the tipping point is? Because if so, I want out.

But in all seriousness, I cut NC purchases by a lot until I found out about these guys; looks like they just dug their graves. Dumbasses.
    This wasn't the tipping point for me, mine came a month or so ago. I'm still hung up on the Jungle_Boo thing. They saw us talking about how much we'd pay for UC's, and not only did they re-convert the pet and make it -150,000 hours old, they opted to put that stupid sign up mocking us (see the pet for what I mean). My point here is that this is TNT's attitude towards us: they know what we want, and then not only do they do the opposite, but they go out of their way to rub it in our faces. Yet we still give them our money because we remember what the site was like before their attitude went from traditional business model to questionable-at-best social experiment.

I don't understand what they're doing at all. Never in my life have I seen a business directly go against everything they know their customers want while still pretending to want their money. You can only surf the nostalgia wave for so long before it comes ashore.

2. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Bakugo For This Useful Post:

Ariealle (12-04-2020),Babaa (12-05-2020),bootiesrus (12-04-2020),Coffeeholic (12-05-2020),cornishwall (12-04-2020),Emerald (12-05-2020),maya (12-04-2020),Oneiros (12-04-2020),Pringle (12-04-2020),Zapdos (12-05-2020)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    78/0
    Mentioned
    1 time
    Time Online
    9d 5h 2m
    Avg. Time Online
    9m
    Quote Originally Posted by lagrima View Post
    You should be fine redeeming it on your main, they're just regular NC cards

And I wouldn't be surprised if this is all because neo is super strapped for cash.
    I think gutterfoot mentioned before, getting the dev team to rebuild the entire site is expensive.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    1/0
    Mentioned
    13 times
    Time Online
    7d 17h 29m
    Avg. Time Online
    6m
    Quote Originally Posted by Numbkins View Post
    I think gutterfoot mentioned before, getting the dev team to rebuild the entire site is expensive.
    While true, it's also true that if prices are high, some people will buy, but if prices are low, a lot of people will buy. Affordable prices which target the average consumer are always more profitable. This is why I think those who say that they just shot themselves in the foot are correct, unless they plan on going through with this and then having NC sales of their own to make people want to buy when they lower their prices (probably not anywhere near what Brazilian sellers were selling for, though).

This is what they will have to do to survive after this fiasco. I wonder how hard this decision will hit them economically. For the very reason you brought up in combination with the times we're living in, it seems like a highly questionable time to make a decision like this when there are other sources of profit to explore. Like how much most people would pay for UC's. Like I said, I sincerely question their business decisions. Everyone but the bootlickers are WTF'ing pretty hard right now over just about everything they're doing.

5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Bakugo For This Useful Post:

Buizel (12-04-2020),♥ lagrima ♥ (12-04-2020),Zapdos (12-05-2020)

Bui bui!
    Pronouns
    She/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    67/0
    Mentioned
    713 times
    Time Online
    356d 5h 7m
    Avg. Time Online
    2h 12m
    Quote Originally Posted by Bakugo View Post
    While true, it's also true that if prices are high, some people will buy, but if prices are low, a lot of people will buy. Affordable prices which target the average consumer are always more profitable. This is why I think those who say that they just shot themselves in the foot are correct, unless they plan on going through with this and then having NC sales of their own to make people want to buy when they lower their prices (probably not anywhere near what Brazilian sellers were selling for, though).

This is what they will have to do to survive after this fiasco. I wonder how hard this decision will hit them economically. For the very reason you brought up in combination with the times we're living in, it seems like a highly questionable time to make a decision like this when there are other sources of profit to explore. Like how much most people would pay for UC's. Like I said, I sincerely question their business decisions. Everyone but the bootlickers are WTF'ing pretty hard right now over just about everything they're doing.
    I agree with everything you said. Yes, it's expensive to maintain the site, but the team isn't doing themselves any favors with this decision. Like with the BF sale of the NC cookies. I think someone here said they'd make way more in sales if they just made the cookies unlimited during the sale instead of them having a stock, and I agree with that. Instead of people fighting to give them money, people would willingly do so. They probably would have made a lot more going with this method. It's the main reason I didn't even try to get any cookies during the sale...didn't feel like refreshing for the next batch of them.

And I keep reading on the neoboards how hard this is hitting most players as well. TNT may be spending a lot to maintain the site, but they just made it a hell of a lot more expensive to do so, probably.

Ryu adoptable made by Stardust
    Waving Buizel avatar made/animated by Da Plushee Boree
    Buimeleon made by Hare
    Static User bar & Anarchy Buizel made by honeycomb
    Name User bar made by Lyrichord
    Buizel Ryus made by Zapdos & GWN, respectfully
    Cutey Buizel made by Wooloo
    Buizel gif User bar made by Zenitsu
    Vector Buizel made by Hollow
    Ryu Buizel User bar made by Dero
    Christmas Buizel made by DankRUSE

National Dex Number: 418
    Type: Water
    Sea Weasel Pokemon
    (you need an account to see links)

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Buizel For This Useful Post:

Bakugo (12-04-2020),bootiesrus (12-04-2020)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    1/0
    Mentioned
    9 times
    Time Online
    68d 9h 16m
    Avg. Time Online
    34m
    This is pretty lame! But sort of new it was coming with the Brazil NC cards...
    Yeah since it's a virtual item it literally doesnt cost them anything to leave it the way it was and will probably give them more earnings despite the lower cost ???

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    24/0
    Mentioned
    39 times
    Time Online
    46d 12h 59m
    Avg. Time Online
    26m
    RIP neopets lmao. their cards are gonna rot in stores and eventually stop being sold. in my country they already have been garbage since like 2012 when i went in to buy one and it wouldn't activate and it became impossible to find them. i wouldn't buy NC after that because i couldn't get boxes until i found clraik. other sites sell them for like $5 more than what they're worth

also ... cad dollar is way less valuable than US dollar upon conversion so it isn't really even accurate. if they're basing it on conversion rates then canadians should get like 1900 NC for their $25 NC cards,, not sure why they've decided to fuck aussies when their conversion rate is pretty much the same

there's no way i'm buying NC through the neopets.com website and getting zero boxes

what they could've done is made their cards/website give you boxes + more NC if they wanted to stop people from selling cheaper cards. they've fucked all of us now
    Last edited by Baelia; 12-05-2020 at 06:48 AM.

10. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Baelia For This Useful Post:

Ariealle (12-05-2020),maya (12-05-2020),Oneiros (12-05-2020),slumber party (12-05-2020),Zapdos (12-05-2020)

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    61 times
    Time Online
    12d 21h 7m
    Avg. Time Online
    5m
    I wonder how much this will affect NC item values cap wise. We have seen some very wild fluctuations this year and I wonder if these third-party cards helped cause that. People spend $300+ opening the same cap.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Boob For This Useful Post:

Sora (12-05-2020)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    8/0
    Mentioned
    2 times
    Time Online
    1d 16h 37m
    Avg. Time Online
    1m
    update: the boards are going crazy and people are rightfully pissed. I think a lot of users are actually thinking about having a neo strike

WORK AT IT
    ALL I CAN DO IS WORK HARD
    ⋆THAT'S THE STORY OF MY LIFE!⋆

☾Good night to the bitches with Mommy and Daddy issues...we all just wanna be loved and appreciated too☽

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Tanjiro For This Useful Post:

Bakugo (12-08-2020)

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    54/0
    Mentioned
    28 times
    Time Online
    16d 5h 16m
    Avg. Time Online
    7m
    Damn, I figured this would happen eventually... but what shitty timing! It honestly was too good to be true; Brazilian 2,000 NC cards selling for ~$12 USD. Super busted.

I understand MANY are super pissed, and rightfully so.

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    3/0
    Mentioned
    95 times
    Time Online
    127d 13h 57m
    Avg. Time Online
    49m
    Quote Originally Posted by Boob View Post
    I wonder how much this will affect NC item values cap wise. We have seen some very wild fluctuations this year and I wonder if these third-party cards helped cause that. People spend $300+ opening the same cap.
    Customs used to have more much trading power than they do currently; it used to be common to see popular (sometimes even HTF) items go for pure customs. I remember trading pure GBCs for Ghostly Orbs (no overoffers, either) quite easily (only a few posts into my board) during a Black Friday sale one year, and the Orbs were really popular back then. This was a few years ago, before the whole $8-10 for 2000 NC *became widespread I wonder if it'll go back to being like that.
    Last edited by Foxglove; 12-05-2020 at 06:26 AM.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Foxglove For This Useful Post:

Erik. (12-08-2020)