DL/UL
    2/0
    Mentioned
    120 times
    Time Online
    42d 21h 50m
    Avg. Time Online
    15m
    I think Kesha has shown signs of instability in the past, business is business and the judge found no strong proof of her claims. So I don't know.

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    119/0
    Mentioned
    37 times
    Time Online
    19d 6h 54m
    Avg. Time Online
    9m
    Quote Originally Posted by potatoespotate View Post
    She wouldn't have to if she had proof. The problem with this case is, it's a he say, she say fiasco. If just plan allegations was enough proof to charge someone with rape, then there'd be a ton of innocent people convicted of rape whenever someone reports them out of spite or whatever. Not saying she's lying, but they need proof.
    Actually, there only 2% of those convicted of rape are innocent people behind bars.

---------- Post added at 10:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:26 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Sociopath View Post
    I think Kesha has shown signs of instability in the past, business is business and the judge found no strong proof of her claims. So I don't know.
    Her past behaviours are actually signs of someone who has been/is being abused (mentally, emotionally, physically, sexually). Drug abuse, alcohol abuse, mood swings, outburst... they're all signs.

3. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to xCarRadio For This Useful Post:

Aska (02-25-2016),Mindfang (02-25-2016),Teakwood (02-25-2016)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    169/0
    Mentioned
    273 times
    Time Online
    56d 5h 29m
    Avg. Time Online
    19m
    Quote Originally Posted by Marine Biology View Post
    She shouldn't have to pay her way out. It's another problem with this country, they always blame the rape victim.

The judge should have ruled it in her favor, and she should no longer have to work with Sony. No questions asked.

I've been in a somewhat similar situation that she's in, and it mentally fucks you up. Every single day.
    And the fact that she has to now do it for a much longer period of time, I couldn't imagine how she is feeling.

By the end of the 6 records, she's literally going to be so mentally gone, that I'm not sure if she can come back.
    I think the problem with this is, is that women could then use it to get out of contracts no questions asked. That's quite a big deal to a company who has just paid you millions of dollars. They would stop hiring females just because of this. Then there would be a huge ruckus over not signing females just because a few wanted out of their contracts.

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk

5. The Following User Says Thank You to zxzero For This Useful Post:

Ghosts (02-27-2016)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    2/0
    Mentioned
    120 times
    Time Online
    42d 21h 50m
    Avg. Time Online
    15m
    Yeah, but they're still not proof she was actually abused. Without a confession or a rape test kit done what is there to be done? Plus, there was contradictory evidence against her claims (I.e emails, birthday card)

A person can be guilty in public court but that doesn't really mean anything in actual court. I'm not calling her a liar, but a contract is a contract and the judge felt there wasn't enough evidence to free her from her obligations.

---------- Post added at 02:01 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:59 AM ----------

Exactky. A ruling like this with little to no evidence, with there in fact being evidence to support their relationship had little to no strain after she claims she was abused is dangerous.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    3/0
    Mentioned
    248 times
    Time Online
    58d 6h 40m
    Avg. Time Online
    22m
    Quote Originally Posted by Sociopath View Post
    Exactky. A ruling like this with little to no evidence, with there in fact being evidence to support their relationship had little to no strain after she claims she was abused is dangerous.
    Zayn Malik was able to break from his contract with Sony simply because he was unhappy...

I love Jess

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Roslyn For This Useful Post:

Aura (02-25-2016),Mindfang (02-25-2016),Teakwood (02-25-2016)

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    187 times
    Time Online
    28d 11h 14m
    Avg. Time Online
    12m
    Quote Originally Posted by Angie View Post
    Zayn Malik was able to break from his contract with Sony simply because he was unhappy...
    I heard he's still with Sony though, just with a different producer, Kesha was apparently offered an opportunity to work with other producers but she feared Sony wouldn't promote her work as much under other producers so she wants totally out.

Edit: wait, nvm, I think I misread that somewhere, yeah, I guess it's unfair that he got out so easily... =/ but they're making it so difficult for kesha.
    Last edited by potatoespotate; 02-25-2016 at 09:01 AM.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to potatoespotate For This Useful Post:

Roslyn (02-25-2016)

Thanks
    DL/UL
    15/0
    Mentioned
    208 times
    Time Online
    98d 13h 33m
    Avg. Time Online
    38m
    idk why shed need to prove that her producer is abusing her. how does she prove that shit lol. why should anyone need to prove theyve been abused? why would she lie about being abused?

also dr luke has been accused of shit like this with multiple popular female artists, im pretty positive kesha is the only one who has come forward. dr luke is a creep and a misogynist but nobody wants to fuck with a powerful man like him when we get cool music as a result

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Mindfang For This Useful Post:

Teakwood (02-25-2016)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    2/0
    Mentioned
    120 times
    Time Online
    42d 21h 50m
    Avg. Time Online
    15m
    Quote Originally Posted by Angie View Post
    Well, you have to understand contacts are extremely complicated and it's hard to say well this person got to do this because they were unhappy.

---------- Post added at 01:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:06 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Peridot View Post
    idk why shed need to prove that her producer is abusing her. how does she prove that shit lol. why should anyone need to prove theyve been abused? why would she lie about being abused?

also dr luke has been accused of shit like this with multiple popular female artists, im pretty positive kesha is the only one who has come forward. dr luke is a creep and a misogynist but nobody wants to fuck with a powerful man like him when we get cool music as a result
    People lie about being abused all the time for all kinds of reasons. Attention, money, slander, etc. Because of what you're doing right now, people tend to side with the victim by default.

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sociopath For This Useful Post:

Brickhaus (02-27-2016),Ghosts (02-25-2016)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    30/0
    Mentioned
    1,998 times
    Time Online
    437d 22h 14m
    Avg. Time Online
    2h 29m
    Quote Originally Posted by mmichelleej View Post
    Actually, there only 2% of those convicted of rape are innocent people behind bars.

---------- Post added at 10:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:26 PM ----------

Her past behaviours are actually signs of someone who has been/is being abused (mentally, emotionally, physically, sexually). Drug abuse, alcohol abuse, mood swings, outburst... they're all signs.
    Those se signs aren't signs that can point to other things? Many celebrities have issues with drugs, alcohol, etc. She could have gotten caught up with all of that. I can't say im following the case very closely, but it's really a he said, she said. Did she actually say she was raped or did she say he sexually harassed her? I feel like there's a difference there, neither are okay, but there is a difference.

Also, that study is so out of date. Most of the references in the actual study itself, linked on the site, are from before the year 2000. Im sure the stats have changed quite significantly since then
    What's my definition of success?
    Creating something no one else can
    Being brave enough to dream big
    Grindin' when you're told to just quit
    Giving more when you got nothin' left

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    81/0
    Mentioned
    191 times
    Time Online
    45d 20h 47m
    Avg. Time Online
    17m
    Reading some of the responses here are why rape victims don't come forward.

17. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Aska For This Useful Post:

Mindfang (02-25-2016),Roslyn (02-25-2016),Teakwood (02-25-2016)