Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: What do you do/aspire to do career wise?

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    2/0
    Mentioned
    120 times
    Time Online
    42d 21h 50m
    Avg. Time Online
    15m
    Teach economics at the university level

But really I don't care, whatever gets me a job

Thanks
    DL/UL
    1/0
    Mentioned
    13 times
    Time Online
    6d 16h 5m
    Avg. Time Online
    2m
    @(you need an account to see links), haha I love that gif in your sig. Economics is something I'd be interested in knowing more about. I took some class in 10th grade regarding it and didn't learn much at all.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    2/0
    Mentioned
    120 times
    Time Online
    42d 21h 50m
    Avg. Time Online
    15m
    Quote Originally Posted by glitz View Post
    @(you need an account to see links), haha I love that gif in your sig. Economics is something I'd be interested in knowing more about. I took some class in 10th grade regarding it and didn't learn much at all.
    Thanks! Lion kitty is a cutie

It's an interesting subject, lots of videos online if you're ever interested (khan academy). a job that would pay the bills. The latter is more important haha

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    19/0
    Mentioned
    55 times
    Time Online
    23d 18h 48m
    Avg. Time Online
    8m
    I'm planning to be a full-time private/home tutor after I graduate. Right now I'm in grad school. I needed extra money at one point and decided to do part-time job, teaching middle-school kids and high-schoolers. I figured that I like teaching and I just don't have the passion/motivation to get a doctorate degree to be able to teach at university level, and who knows how long it would take me if I were to choose that path. T_T I'm also looking into online tutoring, but so far I think it's kinda hard to do.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to aviator For This Useful Post:

♥ Munna ♥ (07-07-2015)

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    2/0
    Mentioned
    214 times
    Time Online
    31d 2h 49m
    Avg. Time Online
    11m
    @(you need an account to see links)
    That's really cool, that'd be a cool job to have! What kind of training/schooling does that require?

I am a freelance artist/graphic designer/writer. Once I finish my Computer Tech degree, I hope to start my own business on a formal basis.
    (you need an account to see links)

Want a spiffy userbar? Request one
    on my thread. ^

I will continue adding free-to-use
    userbars & Pokemon Ryugotchis!

& thank you @dankRUSE for this
    amazing drawing! ;-;

(you need an account to see links)

Thanks
    DL/UL
    1/0
    Mentioned
    13 times
    Time Online
    6d 16h 5m
    Avg. Time Online
    2m
    @(you need an account to see links), wooow I didn't realize you had to have a doctorate to teach at a university o.o Do you enjoy kids or adults better?
    @(you need an account to see links), I had to go through some prerequisites to apply for the program. The program takes 2 years. Then CT and MRI were 6 months each. ^_^ Your artwork is really nice. Good luck!

8. The Following User Says Thank You to glitz For This Useful Post:

♥ Munna ♥ (07-07-2015)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    19/0
    Mentioned
    55 times
    Time Online
    23d 18h 48m
    Avg. Time Online
    8m
    @(you need an account to see links) It's not really a requirement, but where I'm from, there are already a lot of professors/lecturers and not that many university. From what I've gathered through other people's experience, if I wanted to teach at a good school with a good pay, then a doctorate degree is a must. And if I wanted to work at a research university, I'd have to have a certain number of publications in my resume. It's stressful for me to even think about it Besides, being a tutor means I can be my own boss

I like high-schoolers more because they have longer attention span than middle-schoolers. But I get to have fun (at the cost of additional preparation work) with middle-schoolers when I use games and even toys to get the concept across or just to not make it a boring lesson. If you count my experience as TA as teaching adults... then I guess it wasn't that bad.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    43/0
    Mentioned
    4 times
    Time Online
    2d 10h 58m
    Avg. Time Online
    1m
    I honestly don't know. I study criminal justice and have been told to join the CIA by advisors due to how I look and my background skills. However I've been tempted to just give up and switch to art since I know i'm good at art and I know I can be successful in it

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    15/0
    Mentioned
    186 times
    Time Online
    102d 11h 42m
    Avg. Time Online
    35m
    @(you need an account to see links) my dad is a radiologist :p he loves it.
    As for me, I wanna be a physician. Not sure what specialty yet, but I'm currently thinking about pediatric oncology or psychiatry. I have personal reasons for being interested in both fields and know that I could have a positive impact on a lot of lives either way. Just have to make it through med school first :p

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Emily For This Useful Post:

grodgil (07-07-2015)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    18/0
    Mentioned
    36 times
    Time Online
    21d 7h 46m
    Avg. Time Online
    8m
    I've started to realize that what I want to be and what I am inspired to be are two completely different things.

I really want to be an excellent user experience designer/front end web developer, but as I'm taking up internships and gaining more experience I just cannot get passionate enough about what I do. Sure I'm excited about it and I enjoy it, but I still don't actively pursue it, and I think that's where a lot of people struggle...

You get the idea that you think you know what you want to do, but until you get really good at it or into the groove of it, it just seems like work. I'm not sure if this is because this isn't where I'm really meant to be, or I'm just not that passionate about the field yet because I'm still just getting into it. But it sure is scary diving into something and committing to something you're not even sure you want to do...

I ask myself a lot, am I in the right place? And honestly, I don't think the majority of people in college know if what they're doing is right for them.