86/0
    Mentioned
    28 times
    Time Online
    60d 23h 35m
    Avg. Time Online
    29m

Bird Help

I wasn't sure where this thread needed to go between off topic or just spam >.<..

Anyways a good friend of mine is moving away and giving me their male and female lovebirds [Where they can't keep their amazing birds anymore :c]
    But I am having trouble what kind of cage are suitable for them...

Are they like loud birds? because I do have noise strict around my place x-x
    Last edited by Chibi; 06-17-2016 at 08:24 PM.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Chibi For This Useful Post:

siaospear (06-17-2016)

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    219 times
    Time Online
    40d 7h 25m
    Avg. Time Online
    15m
    (you need an account to see links) you go! I've never had love birds before, you'll have to tell me what they're like!

From what I am reading, they are loud but can be trained. You might want to let your neighbors know in advance that you are training your new pets if they end up being noisy. (you need an account to see links) is an article on how to train them.

(you need an account to see links) are some flight suits, so they can fly around w/ out pooing on everything. They will be quieter, I am sure, if they can have a lot of out-of-cage time!

Good luck w/ your new buddies!!
    Last edited by Banannie; 06-17-2016 at 09:46 PM.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    34/0
    Mentioned
    315 times
    Time Online
    49d 2h 15m
    Avg. Time Online
    16m
    My Baba had one. Noisey little fuck. And it would bite. Not very lovey, we were not allowed to say Hello to that bird when we were visiting. I know she would cover the cage at night with a bath towel, apparently it helped keep it quiet at night. Maybe having it darker I don't know.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    37/0
    Mentioned
    376 times
    Time Online
    58d 2h 18m
    Avg. Time Online
    22m
    I want a lovebird couple!!! Sound's like fun, I hope they're well tamed and don't give you any trouble. I've never owned a bird but have always wanted to. I'm torn right now between finding myself either an new reptile (I've been eyeballing a Basilisk at the local pet store for months), a tarantula, or a scorpion. I want a ferret, but I'm afraid my brother's cat will end up getting killed by it (the cat is a bitch).

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    86/0
    Mentioned
    28 times
    Time Online
    60d 23h 35m
    Avg. Time Online
    29m
    Thanks so much for the feedbacks!

And I do hope they are well tamed! my friend told me they arent that loud since she raised them and they are rather shy towards meeting new people so they tend like try biting u since they arent that used to having new owners but not sure really ;w;

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    37/0
    Mentioned
    376 times
    Time Online
    58d 2h 18m
    Avg. Time Online
    22m
    Quote Originally Posted by Chibideer View Post
    Thanks so much for the feedbacks!

And I do hope they are well tamed! my friend told me they arent that loud since she raised them and they are rather shy towards meeting new people so they tend like try biting u since they arent that used to having new owners but not sure really ;w;
    Just take time to let them get comfortable around you and I'm sure they'll make a connection with you and everything will be peachy!

Thanks
    DL/UL
    15/0
    Mentioned
    208 times
    Time Online
    98d 13h 33m
    Avg. Time Online
    38m
    first of all, dont take on birds if youre unwilling to look after children for the time being. birds are essentially children who never grow up. they need attention and stimulation and supervision and patience. theyre not "easy" pets (no pet is "easy" but thats another rant) and they will get severely depressed + stressed out + aggressive. yeah even tiny little lovebirds can get aggressive.

theyll need toys, attention, training (even if theyve been trained they might not listen to you, and training birds isnt as easy as training a dog), patience, food, a lot of room to move around both inside and outside of their cage (2x their full wingspan is a good frame of reference for a minimum cage size, maybe 4x since youre getting 2), a good routine, and a lot of money. if you have a job or school, thats already a bad start, youll need to find someone to babysit. even if they have each other, youll know that just being around someone with no other stimulation for hours at a time can lead to the worst kind of stress.

birds are like hard mode pets. i love them so much but i know id never be able to look after one. like i said, if you wouldnt adopt a very young child right now, find someone else to look after the birds.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Mindfang For This Useful Post:

hissi (06-18-2016)