Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Price limit on neopoints, items, etc.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    16/0
    Mentioned
    25 times
    Time Online
    7d 58m
    Avg. Time Online
    2m

Price limit on neopoints, items, etc.

What we need to realize is that the neopet market is already ruined, and nothing can fix it. Treat it like a real-world economy.

There is SO much supply, and NO demand. Yet, there are these limits on trading that cause there to be NO competition.

Having a free market allows people to buy at a PROPER, REAL MARKET price. In economy, the market price will ALWAYS price itself, and that is why the buying and selling of anything neo-related has become so stagnant due to the $2/m LIMIT that is being placed on it. You have to admit to yourself that the economy is already broken, and it can't be fixed by putting these limits on it.

Yes, people did stop playing due to things that TNT had done, but putting these limits on trade has even further reduced activity.

Allowing a free market here on clraik will allow people to now compete for buyers (If there are any left), and allow new people to enter the market (maybe someone will try to buy and resell).

Keeping this limit will do nothing but keep this market stagnant as hell..

Sorry for my rant. I have been inactive and this forum came to mind. I came on here to check the market to see if maybe there was a slight change but nothing has happened.

Thanks.

EDIT: why do you want to control the market??
    Last edited by Gold; 07-12-2015 at 12:00 PM.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    30/0
    Mentioned
    1,998 times
    Time Online
    437d 22h 14m
    Avg. Time Online
    2h 29m
    The limits are there to help sellers. If there were no limits, big sellers could undercut everyone and nobody would have a chance unless you had billions upon billions to work with. The limits actually hurt the bigger sellers, but it's to make things fair for everyone.
    The market isn't dead, it's just not as active as it once was, for a plethora of reasons. Take your pick. People moving on, getting iced, different games, TNT's various screw ups, etc etc. There's still a market, a quite large one
    What's my definition of success?
    Creating something no one else can
    Being brave enough to dream big
    Grindin' when you're told to just quit
    Giving more when you got nothin' left

Thanks
    DL/UL
    50/0
    Mentioned
    257 times
    Time Online
    104d 6h 37m
    Avg. Time Online
    37m
    It's better to keep the market stagnant then to completely destroy it by having people sell at $1/mil. CK is still the biggest neo market by far, and there are numerous people here who have the ability to sell at mere dimes per mil and can still make a fortune. If this were to be allowed, the entire neo economy would never be able to recover. Better to keep it at a strict limit and have the market stay the same rather than ruining the trading market on and off site.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    16/0
    Mentioned
    25 times
    Time Online
    7d 58m
    Avg. Time Online
    2m
    From my understanding, it's not helping sellers whatsoever. Depending on the price adjustment, those big sellers will eventually run out of stock. There's nothing wrong with rewarding the people who have done something to gain those billions of neopoints.

Also from what I can see, people just want to get rid of what they have.. at one time this price adjustment was fair because a plethora of people were willing to pay that much and that WAS the market price after it dropped from 2.50 to $2. I remember when I was able to sell mills for $5/m, even $10/m to certain buyers (this was ages ago).

You cannot fix a market that is broken. I don't see the problem with taking off this limit. From what I understand, I think the top sellers are scared to see the market adjustment.

I havn't been really active in years, but I'm not sure what other sites are active other than maybe darkstarbarcar (idk if I can say the name, don't want to be banned). The market needs an adjustment to POSSIBLY create competition.

---------- Post added at 09:06 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:05 AM ----------

At the end of the day, the market needs to be fixed to create competition..

Thanks
    DL/UL
    50/0
    Mentioned
    257 times
    Time Online
    104d 6h 37m
    Avg. Time Online
    37m
    Quote Originally Posted by Gold View Post
    From my understanding, it's not helping sellers whatsoever. Depending on the price adjustment, those big sellers will eventually run out of stock. There's nothing wrong with rewarding the people who have done something to gain those billions of neopoints.

Also from what I can see, people just want to get rid of what they have.. at one time this price adjustment was fair because a plethora of people were willing to pay that much and that WAS the market price after it dropped from 2.50 to $2. I remember when I was able to sell mills for $5/m, even $10/m to certain buyers (this was ages ago).

You cannot fix a market that is broken. I don't see the problem with taking off this limit. From what I understand, I think the top sellers are scared to see the market adjustment.

I havn't been really active in years, but I'm not sure what other sites are active other than maybe darkstarbarcar (idk if I can say the name, don't want to be banned). The market needs an adjustment to POSSIBLY create competition.

---------- Post added at 09:06 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:05 AM ----------

At the end of the day, the market needs to be fixed to create competition..
    The big sellers have database access, essentially unlimited stock of nps .

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    16/0
    Mentioned
    25 times
    Time Online
    7d 58m
    Avg. Time Online
    2m
    Maybe I'm looking at things completely wrong, but yes you're right in terms of it ruining the on-site trading. never took that into consideration.

Pronouns
    She/Her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    5/0
    Mentioned
    121 times
    Time Online
    39d 18h 33m
    Avg. Time Online
    16m
    If market prices aren't controlled here, it will crash and burn just like the rest of the Neopets economy.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    16/0
    Mentioned
    25 times
    Time Online
    7d 58m
    Avg. Time Online
    2m
    Quote Originally Posted by learningtoneopet1 View Post
    The big sellers have database access, essentially unlimited stock of nps .
    Ahhh okay we're in a new age I guess. Was this recent? 2-3 years? I left when everyone started realizing people were duping lol. Made my profit and gone.

Thanks
    DL/UL
    50/0
    Mentioned
    257 times
    Time Online
    104d 6h 37m
    Avg. Time Online
    37m
    Quote Originally Posted by Gold View Post
    Ahhh okay we're in a new age I guess. Was this recent? 2-3 years? I left when everyone started realizing people were duping lol. Made my profit and gone.
    Not sure when people obtained it, but from my understanding, some of the bigger guys got access within the past few years.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    16/0
    Mentioned
    25 times
    Time Online
    7d 58m
    Avg. Time Online
    2m
    Well that just ruins everything. Time to log off lol.