Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Folks in retail, what is the dumbest question a customer has ever asked you?

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    7 times
    Time Online
    2d 3h 44m
    Avg. Time Online
    1m
    I've never worked retail, but I can tell you as a nurse I do have to employ a lot of customer service to keep patients and their families looking like although I feel like
    The amount that people don't want to know or don't listen to information about their healthcare boggles my mind daily.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Rowling For This Useful Post:

Komari (06-12-2017)

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    45/0
    Mentioned
    3 times
    Time Online
    2d 6h 2m
    Avg. Time Online
    1m
    This doesn't have to do with retail...but when my bestie was in nursing school, someone in her class asked how to pronounce..."one comma zero zero zero" aka 1,000 or one thousand. They had no idea.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to lilcece For This Useful Post:

Komari (06-12-2017)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    63/0
    Mentioned
    54 times
    Time Online
    14d 6h 13m
    Avg. Time Online
    7m
    It wasn't dumb but I really never realized someone would ask. A dude came into my store in a hurry. Picked out some clothes then, after he paid, asked if we could steam them for him and if he could put them back on in the dressing room. I'm assuming he had something important. We ironed his clothes and let him leave wearing it but it was definitely the only time I've ever heard of something like that happening.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    83/0
    Mentioned
    46 times
    Time Online
    11d 6h 55m
    Avg. Time Online
    4m
    "Can I speak to the manager?"
    Whoa ho ho isn't this your lucky day?
    You're speaking to her right now!

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Fell For This Useful Post:

Pachirisu (06-02-2017)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    25/0
    Mentioned
    1 time
    Time Online
    1d 22h 33m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    I'm a dog groomer, and I've been asked if I was able to wash their fishes, birds, and hamsters.

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Killer For This Useful Post:

Komari (06-12-2017),Pusheen (06-15-2017)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    7/0
    Mentioned
    4 times
    Time Online
    12d 7h 40m
    Avg. Time Online
    5m
    "Do you work here?"
    nah i wear the uniform for fun and just chill here, behind the counter, for fun.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to loserchild For This Useful Post:

Pusheen (06-15-2017)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    22 times
    Time Online
    2d 11h 4m
    Avg. Time Online
    1m
    Quote Originally Posted by Mophead View Post
    "I've worked here before and I loved it!"

Bitch, no the fuck you didn't. Don't fuckin' lie to me.
    The jobs I loved the most were the ones where I also wasn't getting a lot of hours or pay.

I loved working at my favorite Chinese restaurant, but the owner/founder was a bitch, so I quit, was sent home and didn't come back (semi-quit), and then quit for good. (I specified "founder" because she retired a few months after I left and there are new owners.)

Oh, let's see...

Besides the "do you work here" (despite being in Walmart's blue/khaki, with a pricing gun hanging off my left wrist, a Telxon in that hand, DVDs under my arm and a planogram in my right, I might add), how about people bitching about things you can't change? (Or in the case of the restaurant, bitching at you because talking to the owner will get you a cold stare and a possible argument!)

And don't forget being forced into child labor by my mother. (Even if it had been a farm or whatever was appropriate for that age, I believe the state was supposed to have the same work permit on hand that Wendy's filled out when I was sixteen. But again, my mother didn't give a shit about breaking the law.)
    Last edited by Komari; 06-12-2017 at 05:46 PM. Reason: Added stuff

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    4/0
    Mentioned
    Never
    Time Online
    1h 12m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    Well, this doesn't really count as dumb but it sure was weird. I am just a student but I've had to go to retail for work experience and there was this woman who knew I was a student and couldnt actually really do anything. She came up to me and just kept talking about how the colour of the ham in that shop was off and the ham was not good quality. She followed me everywere I went just to talk about the ham, all I could do was politely smile and nod ever now and then (I am a shy person so all this kinda made me feel a little uncomfy). This continued for like half an hour. Doesn't seem like a long time, but trust me, it was weird as hell.

She was kinda cute though, but that is irrelevant.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    38/0
    Mentioned
    45 times
    Time Online
    14d 20h 24m
    Avg. Time Online
    5m
    i dont know if this counts, but i work at a liquor store & we have the minnesota twins yearly schedule for people to take as they want..
    A lady comes up to me and asks me why we don't have the new oreleans saints schedule??? WE LIVE IN MINNESOTA AND IT IS NOT FOOTBALL SEASON MAAM???? that's probably not the dumbest one, but it is one that just happened a few days ago...

15. The Following User Says Thank You to april For This Useful Post:

Komari (06-14-2017)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    1/0
    Mentioned
    5 times
    Time Online
    3d 8h 52m
    Avg. Time Online
    1m
    Quote Originally Posted by april View Post
    i dont know if this counts, but i work at a liquor store & we have the minnesota twins yearly schedule for people to take as they want..
    A lady comes up to me and asks me why we don't have the new oreleans saints schedule??? WE LIVE IN MINNESOTA AND IT IS NOT FOOTBALL SEASON MAAM???? that's probably not the dumbest one, but it is one that just happened a few days ago...
    Why is that stupid..? I don't understand how USA works in regards to sports but aren't state teams comparable to other countries' local city teams?
    In which case an establishment that for some insane reason holds schedules like the internet wasn't invented yet shouldn't really limit itself to one unless the owner is affiliated or a fan of said team, in which case the answer is 'because the owner is a fan of x and not y' riiight?
    It shouldn't be unheard of for a store that has products of a given sports team to have products for multiple ones...

She was kinda cute though, but that is irrelevant.
    Buddy pal friend, no sane person trails another for half an hour trying to come up with literally anything they can talk about despite obviously not being welcomed.
    You think she was cute? then she may have saw a glance, she may have also liked what she saw and I don't want to jump to any conclusions here, but I would certainly go as far as saying that she was trying to get you to ask her to show you exactly the perfect shade of pink ham she is talking about, which would have led to her showing some pink things.
    Just saying. (or err at least a date..?)
    I mean either that or she is completely insane, which is 100% possible.